• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Depotting so so so easy [text]

Matrix_doll

Re: Depotting so so so easy

Seriously, Really, OMG works! I was amazed at how easy it was to get off. A lil precaution lay it flat on the towel don't use a prong to hold it as I did. I wanted to get all cute with it. So I thought I could used a forceps and it melted into the plastic...lol. I'm gonna still take it back anyway. B2M here I come....okay this is a post notation ladies. I have been searching around my house for magnets. Can't find one so I have been searching online and I found a place. Just in case you have the same problem as me.

http://www.dickblick.com/zz614/13c/

they sell Magnet buttons. So with a hot glue gun or some cement or hobby glue I think it should be cool to affix those things to a 15 slot pan palette. okay I'm going to bed now seriously!

lsperry

Re: Depotting so so so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_doll
Seriously, Really, OMG works! I was amazed at how easy it was to get off. A lil precaution lay it flat on the towel don't use a prong to hold it as I did. I wanted to get all cute with it. So I thought I could used a forceps and it melted into the plastic...lol. I'm gonna still take it back anyway. B2M here I come....okay this is a post notation ladies. I have been searching around my house for magnets. Can't find one so I have been searching online and I found a place. Just in case you have the same problem as me.

http://www.dickblick.com/zz614/13c/

they sell Magnet buttons. So with a hot glue gun or some cement or hobby glue I think it should be cool to affix those things to a 15 slot pan palette. okay I'm going to bed now seriously!

Those magnets seem too thick for the palette; they look like they might protrude where the lid won't close on the palette.

I ordered the 1/2" self-adhesive magnet from here:
http://www.stainedglassoriginals.com...cessories.html

So, there's no need for glue or a glue-gun -- which is much cleaner and less time-consuming.

HTH

mizfit

Sorry, I'm a little confused. I'm slow haha. Can someone step by step it for me?

Are we to use the blow dryer right over the eyeshadow pot?

n_c

Thanks for that post...I tried it yesterday on my deep truth e/s and it worked wonderfully and it was sooooooooooooooooooooo easy...thanks again!

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizfit
Sorry, I'm a little confused. I'm slow haha. Can someone step by step it for me?

Are we to use the blow dryer right over the eyeshadow pot?

No. The eyeshadow pan itself is tucked into a plastic piece that sits inside of the pot. When you open the eyeshadow top, you can see it clearly. You pop that plastic piece out with an exacto or paring knife, turn it over (so that the shadow is face down, preferrably on a towel, to protect it) and then use the heat of the blowdryer to melt the glue that's securing it. Do the same on the bottom of the pot to remove the sticker containing the name of the shadow.

Miss World

omg this is like a million times easier than depoting with candels and other stuff.. ^_^ I'll get me a pallet today and give it a try
greengrin.gif
thank youuu

madkitty

I always dent the side of the pan where I prise it out - is it because the glue hasnt properly melted and Im being too eager?

OliviaChristine

I've used this method depot 5 e/s tonight, it worked like a charm. I used the blowdryer for 3 minutes to make sure the glue was melted.

poocatgrrl

Great TUT!! I even depotted one of my Barbie e/s using this technique--and she's fine! :)

I did 3 other e/s first (that I didn't like that much anyway) and found that if I didn't let the glue get melty enough--the e/s pan would bend and the e/s would've broken if I kept going. Instead, I just heated it more and all was fine.

Thanks to the OP!

dreaeluna

i use an iron and parchment paper when the pot stick to the paper I use small scissors (or pointed tweezers) to poke a hole in the hot plastic and push out the pot from the other side. Prying can be damgeroue

natalie75

Quote:
Originally Posted by siempredescalzo
Oh, now I just need to find an exacto knife! Can't wait to try this though!

I stole my hubbies, he hasn't even missed it
cutey.gif

User49

Thanks! I have been wanting to de pot for ages and the whole thing just seems very messy to me! But! After reading this, I got my hair dryer out and a regular kitchen knife and depotted loads of my Body Shop e/s into my Mac palette! What a great and usefull little how to guide! Thanks
smiles.gif

Fairybelle

Ok, if I can depot from this tutorial, ANYONE can!!
encore.gif
I ended up depotting 19 MAC shadows today (1-15 pan palette, 1-4 pan) and now I need to get back to my MAC Pro store to get more palettes. Once I got the hang of the depotting, there was no stopping me...except for the fact that I didn't buy enough palettes. Thanks for this tutorial--now I will actually use all my MAC e/s...before I will have to admit that a majority of them sat closed in their little shells in bins. Now they are out and open for use all the time.
For those of you on the fence about depotting, once you do one, you can't stop! Lol!!
pompom.gif

natalie75

Yes, if it's possible, depotting only adds to your addiction
cheerleader.gif
I am up to seven 15 palettes!! So many lippies from BTM that now I need to figure out a storage solution so that I can find what I need
lmao.gif

Blushbaby

Can you post a pic of an exacto knife please? I haven't a clue what they look like. I really wanna depot my shadows. I have so many and they're taking up so much space but I've been scared to depot for fear of ruining them all.

VeryAroma

This works just great! I tried the candle-thing first and almost burned the house off. :-D This is easy, love it!

I didn't use an exacto knife though - I used my nail siccors to cut this thing and then my nail file to get the pan out.

Latest posts