• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Depotting w/ a Straight Iron

CantAffordMAC

I tried this a few nights ago in my room (in the dark--don't ask why) and I was so excited when they popped out. lol. This was so easy to do. I just wish I had more to depot :-/

xiahe

i used this method to depot eyeshadows and it worked so well!!! of course i was clumsy with the knife so i caused some "injuries" to the shadows themselves...but nothing major!

http://img.makeupalley.com/1/4/5/2/869723.JPG

you can see it in nocturnelle & satellite dreams, but other than that they're perfectly depotted!!! (i had to repress my swish eyeshadow because i was clumsy and i DROPPED IT on the bathroom floor so that's why it looks weird lol)

*KT*

Depotted 17 last Tues night and no injuries to myself or the shadows. Thanks for the great info!

gatsby

First time depotting EVER and this method worked like a charm! Thank you so much
smiles.gif
Great tut.

blueyeliner

thmbup.gif
Thank you soo much. This is actually easier for me to do than the candle tech. Also I don't want to sound dumb but whats the purpose of the magnet?

matsubie

gosh, i have over 40 e/s that are still in their housing.

i can't wait to buy the palettes and start using this method.
thanks for sharing this idea!

imperfectbeauty

i just bought palettes today!!! 3 of em and im slowly depotting my shadows!! I've got 18 more to depot!! But i didn't have time to go get magnets so im just going to depot and put them in the palette for now and get the magnets tomm or something. It's not like im going to be turning the palettes over anyways. haha!! So until then no back 2 mac but i can't wait because i'll be able to get 5 free shadows!!

anjecakes

I'll try this with my crappy Conair straightener since I don't use it (since it's so useless). The candle method was a biiiiitch for me for the first time. I managed to get them out, but burned the top of all 4. -_-

I really hope this works better for me!

sadecki

Thank you so much for the tip!

I am semi impatient to wait for the flat iron to dissolve the glue, so I have combined this method with Enkore's. I get the plastic hot enough so that it is easy to peel back the plastic and pop out.

Fearnotsomuch

Woo got it depotted! I was really scared that I'd screw it up, so I kept putting it off. I finally decided to attempt it with a shadow that was almost gone and easily replaceable (Shroom). Came out perfectly and easily!

euphrosyne_rose

Thank you so much! I was terrified of depotting... just did my first 6 with no problem at all! B2M for me tomorrow!
smiles.gif
[/quote]

Can you really do the B2M with just the plastic container after it's been de-potted? If so, that's GREAT NEWS!!!!
yahoo.gif

clwkerric

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
What can you use to do this method if you have no parchment paper? xx

I use foil and it works just fine. I just depotted almost 30 last night with it.

Mabelle

ive done this without parchment paper. it doesnt harm you're flat iron at all. the worse that has happened was a had a teeny speck of plastic melt onto it. i brushed it off with my nail. good as new.

user79

This is exactly how I depotted my shadows, it was so easy. Patience is the key tho, to letting the bottom part soften propperly.

Latest posts