Devil Wears Prada

Chelly

anyone read the book? Well a movie virsion has been made and it comes out June 30th. i read the book and it was pretty good, but i dont like anne hathaway as the lead. i dont see her playign this part at all but i am curious to see how she does. anyone else?
10006297.jpg

Parishoon

i can't wait, i don't really mind anne hathaway, (i love her), but i'm a little non-impressed w/ glenn close
i need to read the book though before i see it (& then i can decide if i lik anne hathaway in the role)
sorry i'm no help

was it really kinda loosey based on anna wintour (gah i hate that woman!)

Shavwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishoon
i can't wait, i don't really mind anne hathaway, (i love her), but i'm a little non-impressed w/ glenn close
i need to read the book though before i see it (& then i can decide if i lik anne hathaway in the role)
sorry i'm no help

was it really kinda loosey based on anna wintour (gah i hate that woman!)

Did you mean Meryl Streep? Because I don't think Glenn Close is in that movie lol

I kinda want to see it - I like both Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep, but I wouldn't mind waiting to rent it. It does make me want to read the book though!

Parishoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavwi
Did you mean Meryl Streep? Because I don't think Glenn Close is in that movie lol

I kinda want to see it - I like both Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep, but I wouldn't mind waiting to rent it. It does make me want to read the book though!

oh yeah, i shoulda remember that b/c streep is in this movie w/ aish ohh i'm so slow sometime
rofl.gif
thanks

moonrevel

I love that book. My mom told me to read it a while ago because my relationship with this woman I worked for was just like in the story. I am excited to see the movie, but lately I have been disappointed with movie adaptations of books I like, so I hope to be pleasantly surprised if this one is good.

lackofcolor

i need to read the book but i saw a preview for the movie and it looks sooo cute I cannot wait for it to come out!

Brianne

I can't wait to see it!
I think Anne Hathaway would be perfect for the role, and I can't wait to see Meryl Streep playing an uber-fashonita bitch.

I read the book but wasn't impressed by it... I guess I just wanted a better ending. I wonder how true the movie will stay to the book...

Designergirl9

I read the book so I will probably think the movie isn't as good but I may wait and watch it on dvd. It doesn't seem as good.

DCJPFan

I read the book as well and will be seeing the movie this Friday. I am not a fan of Anne Hathaway, on the other hand, we've already seen her go through a makeover in Princess Diaries and she didn't do a bad job, so maybe she'll do allright in this one. However, I love Meryl Streep for the role. The previews look great and if nothing else, it will be an entertaining watch. Oh, and like ninamlee mentioned earlier, I can't wait to see the clothes either
smiles.gif

Oonie

I can't wait!!! I will be there Friday. I started drinking Starbucks the way Miranda did, shortly after I read the book.

fairytale22

I just saw the movie yesterday! The theater was packed...I thought it was awesome, really cute but not extremely exciting. Looooved the clothes and stuff.
greengrin.gif
Definitely worth it.

calliestar

I saw it yesterday with my mother, aunt, and cousin. I've never read the book, but I loved the movie. It was cute, but not too cutsey. It was the perfect kind of film to go see with female loved ones/friends. To me it was like a more mature chick flick. I thought Anne Hathaway was great in the role. And Meryl Streep was good, though she really didn't get much dialogue. I thought Adrien Greniere was great as Anne's beau and I loved the guy who played the haughty-but-sweet journalist guy. And I thought that Emily Blunt gave a totally awesome performance as a neurotic coworker.

ette

I thought the book was really junkie but I'm going to HAVE to see this due to the fact that my love Adrien Grenier is in it! HOTTIE. And Anne Hathaway used to babysit my friend...now she is in movies with Meryl Streep! LOL.

calliestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
I thought the book was really junkie but I'm going to HAVE to see this due to the fact that my love Adrien Grenier is in it! HOTTIE. And Anne Hathaway used to babysit my friend...now she is in movies with Meryl Streep! LOL.

I definately agree with your view on Adrien Grenier...something about him just makes him sooo attractive...and he's got the whole sweet-yet-dangerous-attitude/vibe thing going on. That is funny about Ms. Hathaway babysitting your friend...it's funny to think of a celebrity doing something like babysitting! I guess we tend to forget that before they got famous they had a normal life!

ette

^AHHHHHHH for him on ENTOURAGE! One of my favorite shows! He is adorable, and so sweet. Anyway, yeah it's so funny to think she was once normal. She seems nice and not too centered on the fame but more for acting. Her brother used to be in my math tutoring program! LOL it's a small world!

Brianne

Saw the movie yesterday - it was really cute! Don't go into it thinking it will be anything more than good fluff entertainment, otherwise you'll be disappointed. Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep were cast perfectly - they both fit the characters from the book really well. The ending was a bit different in the movie than it was in the book, but I still liked it.