DIfference between (kabuki) Buffer Brush & Catherine D. (kabuki) Buffer brush ??

NICOLE73

Does anyone know the difference between the new buffer brush and the kabuki brush that was released with the Catherine Denevue collection?

stefunnie

my ma told me the only difference with the Catherine Denevue buffer brush is that its LE & has a gold handle.. where as the one from avant gold is going to be a regular pro brush with black handle (non le)

stefunnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_monsta2504
Is it a shiny handle like the CD ones were or will it be matte like the normal brushes? If ya get what I mean

i have both of them.. so i took a picture so you can see em side by side =)

DSC01720.jpg

hth

Raerae

OMG can't get enough of this brush.

The 187 is good for all around, but the 182 is AMAZING for buffing. I can't get over how fab my skin looks after buffing, it's super smooth and even. It's like it gets rid of any excess powder/foundation, so your just left with a super smooth finish. Which is great, since it eliminates any sort of fine lines that can show when you use things like MSF's or blushes over your powders.

Not to mention it's a fun brush to just touch... It's OMG soft LOL...

Buy this is you haven't already, you wont regret it.

Wontpayretail23

I find the 182 ( or any type of kabuki for that matter) way better for applying finishing powder because it allows for a full application where the 187 is more for light application and the perfect brush for highly pigmented blushes & hilighters.

sewpunk

I know they are the same brush in the pic, but why does the LE gold handle one looks like is has fuller dome w/ more hair?

Not that it matters cause I still CAN'T wait to get the 182! And glad that thay have made it permenant!

Does anyone know if there are companies who makes cases for kabuki brushs? I want to take it with me to work, but I want to keep it nice. I know Sephora made one and smashbox too... but I want to buy just a case, and both of those were case/brush combos.

Thanks!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewpunk
I know they are the same brush in the pic, but why does the LE gold handle one looks like is has fuller dome w/ more hair?

Thanks!

I suspect because in the pic, the new 182 hasn't been washed yet whereas the LE chrome handled one has. Once you wash the 182, it poofs out a bit.

user79

Quote:
^^^ sweet! Thanks! You think it will fluff out after a wash and a few uses then?

Yes it does. I own the LE 182 and it looked more compact when I bought it, but after washing it gets a bit fluffier.

ben

Quote:

Does anyone know if there are companies who makes cases for kabuki brushs? I want to take it with me to work, but I want to keep it nice. I know Sephora made one and smashbox too... but I want to buy just a case, and both of those were case/brush combos.

Thanks!

why can't you use the case that the bush was sold in?

sewpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben
why can't you use the case that the bush was sold in?

New question - What kind of case is it sold in?

I was assuming it would be a thin plastic sleeve (like the other MAC brushes I've bought). I know I am going to take this brush with me (I workout during my lunch breaks and I have to reapply my makeup mid-day) and am thinking that the sleeve (if that's what the brush actually comes in is) is not going to hold up forever.

So I would like to get a case right off the bat. I was searching ebay and I found a few, but they were brown and I want black. (or red, or white) Just not brown!

kannan

it comes in a plasticy (though flimsy but not like the other brushes) cylinder with a lid.

sewpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan
it comes in a plasticy (though flimsy but not like the other brushes) cylinder with a lid.

Good to know. Thanks! I feel so much better about ordering it now.

Will it last a decent amount of time being tossed around my gym bag?

user79

Quote:
Good to know. Thanks! I feel so much better about ordering it now.

Will it last a decent amount of time being tossed around my gym bag?

Unfortunately, no. The plastic is really thin and flimy and it will bend and break after some wear and tear. I haven't found a good way yet to travel with the kabuki.
hmm.gif

jessiekins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Unfortunately, no. The plastic is really thin and flimy and it will bend and break after some wear and tear. I haven't found a good way yet to travel with the kabuki.
hmm.gif

i've seen little kabuki brush bags on ebay.
smiles.gif

sewpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiekins1
i've seen little kabuki brush bags on ebay.
smiles.gif

me too. They are just not in the color of style I want! I guess I am picky!

Oonie

I figured the handle was the only difference and CD was LE, but I think I will get the black one too.