• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Digital Retouching 101 - Lesson 1 - Hair Color

GlamDazzled

so how come we dont have the 'pulling out my hair' smiley?!?!

aaarrrgghh I spent 2 hours on the eye color tutorial and then some how my picture files got saved on each other!!! gah gah gah!!!
cry.gif
icon_eek.gif
ssad.gif
weeping.gif
:crap:

blah...maybe I'll try again...another time

user3

I tried to this but I can't get the new layer that I create to show up. I see it in the layer section but I can't fill it without filling the whole picture. When I try just using brush and not doing the layer it looks really odd.

GlamDazzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
I tried to this but I can't get the new layer that I create to show up. I see it in the layer section but I can't fill it without filling the whole picture. When I try just using brush and not doing the layer it looks really odd.

ok sorry for not making that part clear
lol.gif
...you still have to make a NEW LAYER and THEN use the brush.

k hope that helps...if not let me know.
wavey.gif

Pushpa

thank you thank you thank you...i am so happy with this i want to learn adobe so i can alter some of my artwork mostly just as comparative work

thank you thank you thank you
greengrin.gif

eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif

mspixieears

you're awesome, this is so useful! Thanks so much for posting this, can't wait to start experimenting with PhotoShop now!

devin

i just got ps from a friend and this will be really helpful. thanks so much! you think when you have time you can do a tut on smoothing the skin from imperfections and making it look clearer. thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

GlamDazzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin
i just got ps from a friend and this will be really helpful. thanks so much! you think when you have time you can do a tut on smoothing the skin from imperfections and making it look clearer. thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

Sure, I'd been thinking that it was about time for me to do Lesson 2...but I wasnt sure what it should be on...but NOW I DO!

but your skin is like...perfect! but you got it!
smiles.gif

GlamDazzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushpa
thank you thank you thank you...i am so happy with this i want to learn adobe so i can alter some of my artwork mostly just as comparative work

thank you thank you thank you
greengrin.gif

eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif

urwelcome urwelcome urwelcome!!

:: hopes that you'll share some of your artwork in the 'say cheese' section
graucho.gif
::

Imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye<3Colour
i hop she doesnt get mad, i know she comes here sometimes. but this is what i did to a friend of mine from another message board. im so bad, i called in work today cause i wanted to play today!! this was my first real attempt!!

BEFORE
6807522618308f0df11133365586.jpg

AFTER
she now has green eyes, smoother skin, blonde hair and a grey sweater, whiter teeth and brighter lipgloss!!!.. how fun!!

loriphotoshop1133365422.jpg

Alright, well...Not to be rude or anything, but your teeth whitening looked a little fake, and around the head, you could tell that you changed her hair colour since it was on the wall. Now, I know that this was your first, just keep working on it..