Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Medgal07

Phew....me too!!!!! So glad you got your hands on them, Elegant!

grouphug2.gif
wavey.gif
MACina! So glad you also got both!

Pippilotta

Yesterday I played with the golden highlighter once more. I still didn't buy it though. Instead I bought two Dior Addict lipsticks - Millie and Fashion Week. I can't believe I haven't noticed them before.
eyelove.gif

Dominique33

Yesterday I played with the golden highlighter once more. I still didn't buy it though. Instead I bought two Dior Addict lipsticks - Millie and Fashion Week. I can't believe I haven't noticed them before. :eyelove:
Dior Addict lippies are so easy to wear, very good choice . The highlighter is pure Gold it will be perfect for summer, the powder looks really great :) and as it is LE worth buying in my opinion :) I haven ´ t purchased it yet but I will. !

Dominique33

Yes indeed, on me it is a cherry Red ( built up though ), It depends so much on the lips ( pigmented, not pigmented ) IRL ! Mayday is more pigmented than the other Dior Addict lippies for sure but as you said it looks darker on you and more cherry on me :)

SlugPower

I had some time today, so I took my time with experimenting.

Fluid sticks are very, very nice. They give a cold sensation when they're applied and there isn't much weight on the lips. The colour selection is also quite awesome, very bright and there's a true orange in there, which I will like in the summer. I don't think I'm much of a fan of the package though. Yes, its pretty, but it doesn't feel very reliable. The tester's wand parely picked enough lipstick.

The nail polish colours are kind of... undewhelming. There's the beiges and the pinks, then Trianon, Palais Royale and Junon which are interesting (all three will probably be hits), but they're neutrals, then the corals and hot pinks and reds, but it all seemed like slight variations from each other and nothing worth looking at much. Front Row, Victoire and Metal Montaigne are show stoppers in nails only, on the bottle they are kind of lost in that sea of pinks and reds and only MM stands out as anything different. Mirage is the only colour that stands out (outside of MM and maybe Junon), but since it's a purple I'm not interested. I'll say many will like it though.

The summer collection was also there. I was interested in Cabine and how it compared to Blue Denim. Cabine is lighter and more blue. The application of Cabine was better than Blue Denim however. I'm not sure which I'm going to pick between them. Blue Denim is more my style of colour, but Cabine is the better product. The nail polishes were... underwhelming. I liked the neutral colour the most and that says everything. The blue one is very pigmented, but not my shade of blue, but I might cave eventually because I like blues. The red is just a red like so many others.

I asked the SA about a mattifying powder. She recommended DiorSkin Forever, which isn't one and is a foundation instead. I have no idea, but since she was so competent at everything I asked, I dared to try. I liked it, but I'm really confused now. Does anyone understand anything about those powders? I want something that will mattify my skin and I don't care for foundation. The Shiseido powder I was using is giving me allergies for ome reason and I'm feeling in the mood to try something new anyway.

Pippilotta

Dior Addict lippies are so easy to wear, very good choice . The highlighter is pure Gold it will be perfect for summer, the powder looks really great
smiles.gif
and as it is LE worth buying in my opinion
smiles.gif
I haven ´ t purchased it yet but I will. !
The highlighter is very beautiful indeed, and I know I don't have forever to make up my mind. I know I'll hate myself if I decide to get it, and it's sold out.
bangdesk.gif

I am very happy with my Addicts. I wear Fashion Week today, and it's very flattering.
smiles.gif

Pippilotta

I had some time today, so I took my time with experimenting.

Fluid sticks are very, very nice. They give a cold sensation when they're applied and there isn't much weight on the lips. The colour selection is also quite awesome, very bright and there's a true orange in there, which I will like in the summer. I don't think I'm much of a fan of the package though. Yes, its pretty, but it doesn't feel very reliable. The tester's wand parely picked enough lipstick.

The nail polish colours are kind of... undewhelming. There's the beiges and the pinks, then Trianon, Palais Royale and Junon which are interesting (all three will probably be hits), but they're neutrals, then the corals and hot pinks and reds, but it all seemed like slight variations from each other and nothing worth looking at much. Front Row, Victoire and Metal Montaigne are show stoppers in nails only, on the bottle they are kind of lost in that sea of pinks and reds and only MM stands out as anything different. Mirage is the only colour that stands out (outside of MM and maybe Junon), but since it's a purple I'm not interested. I'll say many will like it though.

The summer collection was also there. I was interested in Cabine and how it compared to Blue Denim. Cabine is lighter and more blue. The application of Cabine was better than Blue Denim however. I'm not sure which I'm going to pick between them. Blue Denim is more my style of colour, but Cabine is the better product. The nail polishes were... underwhelming. I liked the neutral colour the most and that says everything. The blue one is very pigmented, but not my shade of blue, but I might cave eventually because I like blues. The red is just a red like so many others.

I asked the SA about a mattifying powder. She recommended DiorSkin Forever, which isn't one and is a foundation instead. I have no idea, but since she was so competent at everything I asked, I dared to try. I liked it, but I'm really confused now. Does anyone understand anything about those powders? I want something that will mattify my skin and I don't care for foundation. The Shiseido powder I was using is giving me allergies for ome reason and I'm feeling in the mood to try something new anyway.
The best mattifying (mattifying - not caking!) powder I have tried is Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. It comes in two colors: Translucent and Ivory. The first really is translucent (although not as pale and clear as Shiseido). The second has a bit of color (very pale - yellow based). Both are mattifying, but Ivory will cover a bit too. They are very finely milled, and cheaper than Shiseido.

I better add that I have no idea how the powder will work without foundation. My best bet is that it'll just fall off.
Have you tried a mattifying primer? Dior makes a wonderful one.

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif

I know, there is soooo much makeup LOL!

Aww
bouquet.gif

Speaking of POOP
girlhaha.gif
I was laughing so hard in the PS thread when it was brought up about the girl eating her makeup - like 20 compacts in one day
lol.gif
lol don't fall over on your good side laughing. Then they started talking about how it would look when it came out & had a pic of Unicorn poop ...died laughing I could really run with that one, but will behave for bit
clap.gif
just blame it on me
angelic.gif
amuse.gif

OMG - they're in your cart
lmao.gif
blame Monsy, its all her fault
ohboy.gif
No longer in my cart-----
pompom.gif
they'll be coming to momma soon!!!

Starlight77

girlhaha.gif

I know, there is soooo much makeup LOL!

Aww
bouquet.gif

Speaking of POOP
girlhaha.gif
I was laughing so hard in the PS thread when it was brought up about the girl eating her makeup - like 20 compacts in one day
lol.gif
lol don't fall over on your good side laughing. Then they started talking about how it would look when it came out & had a pic of Unicorn poop ...died laughing I could really run with that one, but will behave for bit
clap.gif
just blame it on me
angelic.gif
amuse.gif

OMG - they're in your cart
lmao.gif
blame Monsy, its all her fault
ohboy.gif
No longer in my cart-----
pompom.gif
they'll be coming to momma soon!!!
woohoo!!

what did you get besides the amazing bronzer?

elegant-one

Got to swatch all the Dior Fluid Sticks today. The colors are just divine. They feel just a tad sticky when drying, but then they're fine.Very long wearing!!! The Chanel guy & Dior gal (whom I dig) were laughing so hard because I would swatch it on my arm, sit the tube down, then after like 5 swatches, we couldn't remember which was which. None of us could read the stupid light numbers on the bottom. Anyhow, I ended up with dear Winthrops recommendation of Rieuse. Its such a pretty everyday shade. On me, its a slight pinked strawberry shade. Very very pretty. I am going to get Wonderland & Pandore next.

Dominique33

Got to swatch all the Dior Fluid Sticks today. The colors are just divine. They feel just a tad sticky when drying, but then they're fine.Very long wearing!!! The Chanel guy & Dior gal (whom I dig) were laughing so hard because I would swatch it on my arm, sit the tube down, then after like 5 swatches, we couldn't remember which was which. None of us could read the stupid light numbers on the bottom. Anyhow, I ended up with dear WInthrops recommendation of Rieuse. Its such a pretty everyday shade. On me, its a slight pinked strawberry shade. Very very pretty. I am going to get Wonderland & Pandore next.

Rieuse is a soft coral, vibrant and soft. Wonderland and Pandore are much brighter ( have them both ), great swatch ! I can't wait to have your impressions on Wonderland and Pandore. The fluid sticks don't work for me, in fact 1 out of 2 says it's good. ( Source, Sephora ). I think they are easy to apply and wear, they are not sticky at all and I really feel water on my lips when wearing them. That is nice.

Medgal07

Got to swatch all the Dior Fluid Sticks today. The colors are just divine. They feel just a tad sticky when drying, but then they're fine.Very long wearing!!! The Chanel guy & Dior gal (whom I dig) were laughing so hard because I would swatch it on my arm, sit the tube down, then after like 5 swatches, we couldn't remember which was which. None of us could read the stupid light numbers on the bottom. Anyhow, I ended up with dear WInthrops recommendation of Rieuse. Its such a pretty everyday shade. On me, its a slight pinked strawberry shade. Very very pretty. I am going to get Wonderland & Pandore next.

GREAT photos /swatches. I only ordered one and I hope I love the formula. It's unique and the vibrant colors drew me in! That shade is really pretty on you!