Dior Cosmetics Discussion

User38

thud.gif
crap

sarabeautime

Diorgasm?
lmao.gif

I will be keeping an eye on those pretty eye shadows!

By the way what do you think of Diorskin Nude Shimmers ladies?
I got them both and I can't find a reasonable way to use them other than
a light blush. They have almost no shimmer, I don't know why they are
called like this.

Dominique33

Diorgasm?
lmao.gif

called like this.
I have both too, there is some shimmer esp. in sunlight I also use them as highlighting blushes ( love both )
heart.gif

sarabeautime

I have both too, there is some shimmer esp. in sunlight I also use them as highlighting blushes ( love both ):heart:
Thanks for the pretty photos. I like them too, they are just not something I would call "shimmer". I swatched them and photographed under sun light, there was very minimal shimmer going on, if at all. I wore the orange one today, it was more apperant than the pink one on my light to medium skin (NC20). Pink one does show up but very lightly.

Monsy

Diorgasm?
lmao.gif

called like this.
that's exactly why i will not buy them

old ones were REAL shimmer and would give beautiful glow

Dominique33

I like them too, they are just not something I would call "shimmer". I swatched them and photographed under sun light, there was very minimal shimmer going on, if at all. I wore the orange one today, it was more apperant than the pink one on my light to medium skin (NC20). Pink one does show up but very lightly.
You're welcome :)
I love light shimmer on my cheeks, that's why I purchased both. The Amber one is definitely more pigmented than the Pink one. But clearly both are subtle, and light compared to the previous version ( I don't have the previous one but I know what you mean ).

Winthrop44

I admittedly have verrrry wimpy lashes, but the new Dior mascara did nothing for them. Did anyone else try their sample and like it?

Dominique33

Yes I was able to try the pink one, well the packaging is awesome but the formula did not impress me at all. I thought I would purchase one but it will be a skip for me. I much prefer the Chanel mascaras. ( Le Volume and 2nd Inimitable ). The Dior mascara was given a B by Allura, it does not deserve more IMO.

Medgal07

Diorgasm?
lmao.gif

called like this.
Great highlighters, and I love them, especially paired with the Dior My Lady blushes. I find them subtle like many of the Chanel highlighters.

Medgal07

I admittedly have verrrry wimpy lashes, but the new Dior mascara did nothing for them. Did anyone else try their sample and like it?
I have the sample and use samples as such for my lower lashes. I did purchase the full size in blue & purple. They are great
for the way that I intend to use them---on my lower lashes and the tips only of my upper lashes.
That's my way of having the color w/o looking garish at my age.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dominique33

Yes I was able to try the pink one, well the packaging is awesome but the formula did not impress me at all. I thought I would purchase one but it will be a skip for me. I much prefer the Chanel mascaras. ( Le Volume and 2nd Inimitable ). The Dior mascara was given a B by Allura, it does not deserve more IMO.
I didn't purchase the black one because I also prefer Chanel Inimitable, but the colored ones are great for the way I'll wear them, so noted above.

Starlight77

you guys get the Nars perk? and yes i found something just to buy to get it
sigh.gif
i bought Nars Kauai.. i'm intrigued by it, i gave it... finally
girlhaha.gif
Of course you did..lol!

I LOVE the Nars perk kit!!! I didn't have any of the items in it already
th_DANCE.gif

Yes, the dior sticks just didn't last. The colors look great when you first apply them buy.....
haha of course!! i love the kit. the lip pencil is the most perfect shade and I only had deep throat in a palette. The eyeliner is my go to eyeliner for the waterline so i'm super happy. It all went in my purse. my first thought was oooo i want another set. WHY?!? why am i never satisfied. i even called my sephora and she said they had like 20 left. ughhh i'll probably end up with another tomorrow. LOL i'm loving Nars kauai. this gold is amazing.

Starlight77

i don't like the wand for a full time mascara at all. I'm picky though. I do however, LOVE the lash it mascaras for a pop of color. the wand is perfect for that. I've been wearing purple on the tips all day and even hubby noticed. he said "I don't know what you did different but your eyes look extra pretty today" i said i ate extra carrots HAHAHA he doesn't need to know i bought more mascaras lol.

OMG those quints!!! ok I see 3 i really want. i'm not seeing that one we have all been oogling for the past few weeks. are there more still that aren't shown?

Medgal07

yeah. i love the color mirage (i have a sample) but it won't last on my lips either. I still haven't tried the YSL ones yet.

haha of course!! i love the kit. the lip pencil is the most perfect shade and I only had deep throat in a palette. The eyeliner is my go to eyeliner for the waterline so i'm super happy. It all went in my purse. my first thought was oooo i want another set. WHY?!? why am i never satisfied. i even called my sephora and she said they had like 20 left. ughhh i'll probably end up with another tomorrow. LOL i'm loving Nars kauai. this gold is amazing.
The YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush are lovely---they're creamy, very pigmented, long lasting and fun to put on because of the unusual packaging.
I have one more on my wish list. I can't believe I'm this smitten w/a lip product. They're quite the conversation piece too because it looks like a
bottle of nail polish. It you're reapplying it in public (rest room or something) people are likely to do a double take, wondering why you're putting
NP on your lips.
girlhaha.gif

I don't know why I didn't get the kit---I have more than enough points to get it but I always hold out----
shrugs.gif
. Kauai is really pretty!!! Enjoy Starlight!!!

Starlight77

yeah. i love the color mirage (i have a sample) but it won't last on my lips either. I still haven't tried the YSL ones yet.

The YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush are lovely---they're creamy, very pigmented, long lasting and fun to put on because of the unusual packaging.
I have one more on my wish list. I can't believe I'm this smitten w/a lip product. They're quite the conversation piece too because it looks like a
bottle of nail polish. It you're reapplying it in public (rest room or something) people are likely to do a double take, wondering why you're putting
NP on your lips.
girlhaha.gif

I don't know why I didn't get the kit---I have more than enough points to get it but I always hold out----
shrugs.gif
. Kauai is really pretty!!! Enjoy Starlight!!!
i never use my points either. it's still available online as well. i think it's worth it for sure. I had a lot of points and it's embarrassing when they announce what you have at the register and everyone would look at me like... geez she shops a lot. I KNOW I DO!!! haha I just never really like the point perks. I did get 2 of the elizabeth and james roller balls. i'm liking the scent. i was saving points for a super good dior perk but it's been awhile since they have had one. i was thinking of another nars one but i don't wanna be greedy [SUP](yes i do)[/SUP]

I really want to try the YSL BDK&B. i need to swatch in person and my sephora was late in getting them. they have it now but i'm always sidetracked so easily. i have to walk past Dior and Nars to get to them and i never make it
girlhaha.gif

DMcG9

i don't like the wand for a full time mascara at all. I'm picky though. I do however, LOVE the lash it mascaras for a pop of color. the wand is perfect for that. I've been wearing purple on the tips all day and even hubby noticed. he said "I don't know what you did different but your eyes look extra pretty today" i said i ate extra carrots HAHAHA he doesn't need to know i bought more mascaras lol. OMG those quints!!! ok I see 3 i really want. i'm not seeing that one we have all been oogling for the past few weeks. are there more still that aren't shown? 
Awesome response. My mom would try and bribe me to eat my carrots when I was young by saying they'd help me see in the dark. I didn't buy it because I dislike the taste of them and still do. They sound delicious when people eat them raw but they only taste good to me in cake or muffins.

MissTania

Does anyone know if those Diorific lipsticks are something new to the Dior line or those are just repromotes? Diorific lipsticks were a part of two recent Christmas collection, but I haven't seen them in the permanent line.
http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_us/fr...7600-haute-couture-long-wearing-lipstick.html
Diorific lipsticks have been permanent and always available in Australia for over a decade in the same old fashioned golden packaging. I really love the design.

I have only seen two collections that were LE which have ever had Diorific lipsticks which must be the ones you know of, they don't get much attention.

cheburaha

Diorific lipsticks have been permanent and always available in Australia for over a decade in the same old fashioned golden packaging. I really love the design.

I have only seen two collections that were LE which have ever had Diorific lipsticks which must be the ones you know of, they don't get much attention.
Oh, I've never seen them in stores before! I did see the limited edition ones but never the permanent! I found swatches online, all from European bloggers, so I guess it has always been available in Europe/Australia, but just became available in the States.

Latest posts