Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Medgal07

I now tried to make another chanel order and there is no option for samples at all. goes straight to order overview page
icon_eek.gif
Wow. That's pretty bazaar Monsy!!!

elegant-one

I wanted to share my thoughts on Dior addict it lash mascara

pretty nice surprise for me. I usually like volumizing mascaras like Lancome hypnose, Chanel volume etc... This kind of a brush / comb doesn't give as much volume as those but gives way more than I expected. Also does not clump at all and nicely coats every single lash. I loved how gentle formula is, feels so lightweight on the lashes and doesn't make them stiff even after couple of coats.

That looks amazing! I use the Dior waterproof, but I think that maybe I should try this.

Prettypackages

(is it ok to make a double post? D: )

Just got my e/s from Nordstrom! sans samples, but they apparently decided to set out on a separate voyage. I have to say, there was NO other packing in my box, just the e/s in a bag...I'm really glad the palette wasn't ruined due to it. Have already spoken with customer service about it.

Anyway~ wheee!!

Sooooo pretty!!!!!
nanaparty.gif
OMG pretty!!!

Monsy

On the topic of nordstrom - i have to go to beauty then to 3 free samples and it lets me pick them. when I go to checkout they disappear
icon_eek.gif

Medgal07

On the topic of nordstrom - i have to go to beauty then to 3 free samples and it lets me pick them. when I go to checkout they disappear
icon_eek.gif
Monsy they must be having a hell of a glitch right now. I still haven't completed my order. I'm waiting for the Ebates percent-cash-back to increase.

MissTania

I'm glad you now have some answers MissTania---just wish they were better ones. You now know what you're dealing with!

​ I think it's time for the family (Dior)
girlhaha.gif
to step back & regroup. We know they can do better!!!
Thanks Queen of Hauls!

I busted out the Chanel Kaska Beige quad today for the hell of it, I had never even used it. It's a gorgeous smokey neutral quad.

My eyes didn't seem too irritated which was good.

As for Dior, I'm shocked I am skipping the entire Holiday collection! I'm looking forward to the next collection though, they usually have a few things I will like!

Medgal07

Thanks Queen of Hauls!

I busted out the Chanel Kaska Beige quad today for the hell of it, I had never even used it. It's a gorgeous smokey neutral quad.

My eyes didn't seem too irritated which was good.

As for Dior, I'm shocked I am skipping the entire Holiday collection! I'm looking forward to the next collection though, they usually have a few things I will like!
lol.gif
Don't let my husband hear that!!
I'm so, so glad you tolerated the e/s fairly well. That's just the best news!
I also skipped the Dior Holiday collex this time---such a let down. I suppose I made up for it elsewhere.
girlhaha.gif

laurennnxox

Hey all! I know most people on here weren't too impressed with the holiday collection, but just incase anybody was interested in some lippie swatches, I picked up two from my counter! I really like them. The formula is really nice :) I picked up 08 and 07 (Mysterious Shock and Passion Shock, respectively.) Here are some swatches! Unfortunately they had to be taken with indoor lighting because it's dark outside. First photos and swatches are 08, second batch is 07. Hope this helps! The order of the swatches: Top, just shimmer side. Middle, both. Bottom, just matte side.

Medgal07

Hey all! I know most people on here weren't too impressed with the holiday collection, but just incase anybody was interested in some lippie swatches, I picked up two from my counter! I really like them. The formula is really nice :) I picked up 08 and 07 (Mysterious Shock and Passion Shock, respectively.) Here are some swatches! Unfortunately they had to be taken with indoor lighting because it's dark outside. First photos and swatches are 08, second batch is 07. Hope this helps! The order of the swatches: Top, just shimmer side. Middle, both. Bottom, just matte side.

Very pretty---great swatches. I'm a real lover of Dior lipstick but the colors didn't seem unique enough for me to buy----I just wasn't feeling them this time. I hope you
enjoy them!!! I like your mani!!!

awickedshape

Nice!

Shars

Thanks for posting! I'm not in love with all the colours but I am sooo drawn to the packaging! If I were to get one, I'd get Ardent Shock.

shadowaddict

I was going to say the same as Medgal07. I always feel Nordies over packs as well. I ordered a tiny eye liner brush recently. It came in a box that would easily fit 8-10 MAC 15 pro palettes. There's always a large amount of tissue and paper on the bottom and the product carefully wrapped in tissue and on top another good amount of tissue & paper. When I pick up the box it feels like there is nothing but air inside. I am so glad they do this. We have problems getting banged up boxes with broken items. My postal carrier will actually walk up my yard to about 15 or so feet from my porch and toss a box onto it. We have watched him do this several times. I've called the carrier supervisor. I think he go a talk, then he's back at it.

MissTania

lol.gif
Don't let my husband hear that!!
I'm so, so glad you tolerated the e/s fairly well. That's just the best news!
I also skipped the Dior Holiday collex this time---such a let down. I suppose I made up for it elsewhere.
girlhaha.gif
girlhaha.gif
You just tell him we call you Queen of Low-Buying
graucho.gif
amuse.gif

I might try an eyeshadow once a week from now on!

I suspect Tom Ford is where you are making it up, and I must say I am considering venturing into it after seeing this on temptalia:

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-platinum-spice-cream-color-eyes-reviews-photos-swatches#more-179760

http://www.temptalia.com/swatch-gallery?sg=179749,179748,179747,179746,179745,179744,179743,179742&lips=1

The products look gorgeous!

MissTania

@laurennnxox Thanks for posting the swatches, I'm glad you are enjoying your picks. I love the Diorific packaging, we have always had a full range of them in Australia.

If they did a hot pink in this new collection I'd be very tempted!

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
You just tell him we call you Queen of Low-Buying
graucho.gif
amuse.gif

I might try an eyeshadow once a week from now on!

I suspect Tom Ford is where you are making it up, and I must say I am considering venturing into it after seeing this on temptalia:

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-platinum-spice-cream-color-eyes-reviews-photos-swatches#more-179760

http://www.temptalia.com/swatch-gallery?sg=179749,179748,179747,179746,179745,179744,179743,179742&lips=1

The products look gorgeous!
lol.gif
He would laugh himself to death---like i just did!
I hope you do well with your eyeshadow a week test!!!
​ I made up for my Dior heartbreak w/ Tom Ford, Chanel, and Guerlain

​ I saw this TF cream shadows yesterday. I have one TF cream shadow and several Chanel IDOs that I just don't reach for often enough. Adding more to the mix
would be futile. They are GORGEOUS though, and I was really tempted but I mustered a wee bit of restraint this time. I know---hard to believe---stop your
laughing MissTania!!!

Medgal07

I am so glad they do this. We have problems getting banged up boxes with broken items. My postal carrier will actually walk up my yard to about 15 or so feet from my porch and toss a box onto it. We have watched him do this several times. I've called the carrier supervisor. I think he go a talk, then he's back at it.
OMG---did you see the item on the evening news about UPS & FED EX?? A UPS man was caught on camera rolling a box like a bowling ball. The box contained an
item worth thousand of dollars. I bet if you caught your guy on camera it would be a different story!!

ohboy.gif