Dior Cosmetics Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
I feel like thanking Dior for a collection that isn't hitting all my buttons. Guerlain and Armani look like they'll be hefty hauls for me, plus a few items from Chanel and there appear to be multiple Nars collections. Of course, I haven't tried the new Dior Baumes, which I should really do...

awickedshape

Not bad but I expected so much more from this great artist. He was really a Chanel man, but I hope he will adjust to the Dior DNA, I Have not seen enough items yet. The Quint is beautiful .
I hope to see more.
  [COLOR=0000FF] Oh that is pretty AWS!  Then it would be like out YSL palette if they added orange.
girlhaha.gif
  The orange from the TransAt collection palette, SunDeck.[/COLOR]
Yes lol

jebogewf

Ugh. Why is it that every time Dior comes out with a collection only half of it is available here. There isn't much I wanted - but of course some of it isn't available. I wanted Lady and Majesty - but I can only buy Lady. And Fairy Grey - how pretty is that. Of course it's not here. Sigh. At least it means there's more money for other collections.

MissTania

wavey.gif
Hi there MissTania. I've missed you! So far this collection isn't exactly speaking to me either. I feel bad. I skipped the holiday collection too!
I OD'd on the Chanel spring collection. Too many lovelies for me to pass up.
wavey.gif
Hi Meddy, missed you too! I skipped Holiday also. I'm catching up on the Chanel thread in anticipation of the release here in January. The Aussie dollar is not very good at the moment, so ordering from Nordies is not worthwhile.

I think the last thing I bought was the Chanel Rouge 19 nail polish which was nice.

I have not been buying up lately, just really enjoying my collection.

Have you been using your Dior Transat highlighter? I have been using lately and I really like it!

I haven't tried the Dentelle or Camelia yet
icon_eek.gif
Will make an effort to before the New Year.
Its supposed to be a highlighting powder. Do you remember which website we got the other two from? Saks? Bloomies? I totally forgot. 005 is already out in Asia.
I got mine from Saks :)
Quote: Originally Posted by awickedshape

Hi!
Glad I could help with the links.
I have to say, I was underwhelmed.
The Chanel RAs looked so good on @elegant-one, good picks :)
wavey.gif
I saw some swatches on the thread, and really appreciate them as I am still waiting to test in person. Are you getting anything?

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Hi Meddy, missed you too! I skipped Holiday also. I'm catching up on the Chanel thread in anticipation of the release here in January. The Aussie dollar is not very good at the moment, so ordering from Nordies is not worthwhile.

I think the last thing I bought was the Chanel Rouge 19 nail polish which was nice.

I have not been buying up lately, just really enjoying my collection.

Have you been using your Dior Transat highlighter? I have been using lately and I really like it!

I haven't tried the Dentelle or Camelia yet
icon_eek.gif
Will make an effort to before the New Year.
Thank you for this link- wow I want it! I have the other 2, I just love these.
I got mine from Saks :)

wavey.gif
I saw some swatches on the thread, and really appreciate them as I am still waiting to test in person. Are you getting anything?
I hope to do more of that in the new year---just enjoying my voluminous stash. I haven't used my TransAt highlighter because I have so many. I need to develop a
usage system for my highlighters.

I'd like to see more before I make a decision about what. if anything I'll get from this collection,

MissTania

I hope to do more of that in the new year---just enjoying my voluminous stash. I haven't used my TransAt highlighter because I have so many. I need to develop a
usage system for my highlighters.

I'd like to see more before I make a decision about what. if anything I'll get from this collection,
I've just been really enjoying what I have, more so than ever before. I had a peek at my stash again last night and realised I have really neglected my Dior lipsticks this year, and will make an effort to get them back in the mix. There are some nice shades which are getting a little old now, and I would like to finish some by end of next year. I am being more selective about adding new shades as I have so many unique and striking colours.

I had a peek at the MAC 2015 Collections Calendar and a few things have caught my eye. I am interested in the MAC X Bao Bao Wan collection- Burmese Kiss lipstick especially (I hear it's a matte), and maybe Romantic Breakdown (I hear it's a lustre which is not my fave finish but it looks pretty).

Also, MAC Giambattista Valli- the hot pink and cherry red lippie look pretty and the packaging is gorgeous. Have you had a look at the 2015 thread yet?

Oh, and I will be getting the Miley Viva Glam lippie for sure- can't say no to a hot pink!

I don't have many highlighters, but I am often rushing when I do my make-up, so highlighting is a step I don't make time for. I really like the Transat highlighter though and will make an effort to keep using it.

I would like to see the nail polishes, Lady interests me a little...time will tell.

delicatewhimsy

I've just been really enjoying what I have, more so than ever before. I had a peek at my stash again last night and realised I have really neglected my Dior lipsticks this year, and will make an effort to get them back in the mix. There are some nice shades which are getting a little old now, and I would like to finish some by end of next year. I am being more selective about adding new shades as I have so many unique and striking colours. I had a peek at the MAC 2015 Collections Calendar and a few things have caught my eye. I am interested in the MAC X Bao Bao Wan collection- Burmese Kiss lipstick especially (I hear it's a matte), and maybe Romantic Breakdown (I hear it's a lustre which is not my fave finish but it looks pretty). Also, MAC Giambattista Valli- the hot pink and cherry red lippie look pretty and the packaging is gorgeous. Have you had a look at the 2015 thread yet? Oh, and I will be getting the Miley Viva Glam lippie for sure- can't say no to a hot pink! I don't have many highlighters, but I am often rushing when I do my make-up, so highlighting is a step I don't make time for. I really like the Transat highlighter though and will make an effort to keep using it. I would like to see the nail polishes, Lady interests me a little...time will tell.
I just received Lady in the mail from dior.com. I will post a pic or two for you tomorrow :) It's very pretty!

EllaS

Ooh, pretty. I own Chanel Tissie Venitien though so not sure I can justify it...?
Here's another look at House of Greens - this time with some actual sunlight (the first pic was on an overcast day). Looks like a totally different palette doesn't it? But here you can see the dimension of the colors. I was soooo surprised to find how soft the colors are - I was expecting much darker based on the promos. But actually it's a really lovely spring palette IMO. I posted my swatch of Tisse Venitien below so you can compare. Definitely different. You definitely need both.
girlhaha.gif

charismafulltv

Here's another look at House of Greens - this time with some actual sunlight (the first pic was on an overcast day). Looks like a totally different palette doesn't it? But here you can see the dimension of the colors. I was soooo surprised to find how soft the colors are - I was expecting much darker based on the promos. But actually it's a really lovely spring palette IMO. I posted my swatch of Tisse Venitien below so you can compare. Definitely different. You definitely need both. :haha:
I love the colors on the pan but how are their textures and pigment?

EllaS

I love the colors on the pan but how are their textures and pigment?
I haven't applied them on my eye yet so I can't attest to performance on the lid, but I didn't have any problems with texture or pigment when swatching. All the shades seemed consistent. The shades are lighter and softer than I anticipated but the pigment is still there. They're not as buttery soft or rich as, say, my Gucci eyeshadows, but they still seem fine (to me) :)

Medgal07

I've just been really enjoying what I have, more so than ever before. I had a peek at my stash again last night and realised I have really neglected my Dior lipsticks this year, and will make an effort to get them back in the mix. There are some nice shades which are getting a little old now, and I would like to finish some by end of next year. I am being more selective about adding new shades as I have so many unique and striking colours.

I had a peek at the MAC 2015 Collections Calendar and a few things have caught my eye. I am interested in the MAC X Bao Bao Wan collection- Burmese Kiss lipstick especially (I hear it's a matte), and maybe Romantic Breakdown (I hear it's a lustre which is not my fave finish but it looks pretty).

Also, MAC Giambattista Valli- the hot pink and cherry red lippie look pretty and the packaging is gorgeous. Have you had a look at the 2015 thread yet?

Oh, and I will be getting the Miley Viva Glam lippie for sure- can't say no to a hot pink!

I don't have many highlighters, but I am often rushing when I do my make-up, so highlighting is a step I don't make time for. I really like the Transat highlighter though and will make an effort to keep using it.

I would like to see the nail polishes, Lady interests me a little...time will tell.
I absolutely love my Dior lipsticks too. I got the two from the transAt collection. I can't remember the last time I actually finished a lipstick. I don't say that w/pride at all
icon_eek.gif
I have been so far removed from the MAC collections-------I've become a fish out of water where MAC is concerned. I purchased nearly the entire Chanel spring
2015 collection and just hours ago I made my first purchases from the Guerlain spring collection.

​ I'm always interested in checking out the nail polish, but like you, I'll wait until we know more & see more.

Medgal07

Quote: Originally Posted by claudestrawberr Ooh, pretty. I own Chanel Tissie Venitien though so not sure I can justify it...?

I was thinking the same thing----redundancy???

Medgal07

Here's another look at House of Greens - this time with some actual sunlight (the first pic was on an overcast day). Looks like a totally different palette doesn't it? But here you can see the dimension of the colors. I was soooo surprised to find how soft the colors are - I was expecting much darker based on the promos. But actually it's a really lovely spring palette IMO. I posted my swatch of Tisse Venitien below so you can compare. Definitely different. You definitely need both.
girlhaha.gif

OMG. Ella it totally looks like a different palette!!!!
icon_eek.gif
They look so different that I was going to ask you which one you liked best
girlhaha.gif
The pink seems barely visible.
Is it more vibrant IRL?

EllaS

OMG. Ella it totally looks like a different palette!!!!
icon_eek.gif
They look so different that I was going to ask you which one you liked best
girlhaha.gif
The pink seems barely visible.
Is it more vibrant IRL?
Isn't it crazy? It's not AT ALL what I was expecting. I like it actually and I think it's very spring-y, but I really thought it was going to be dark greens based on what it looks like in dimmer lighting and in the promos. As for the pink, pink never shows up on me. Ever. So don't go by me - light pinks just don't show on my skintone ;-)