Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Pippilotta

I think it's because Scandinavians buy very little makeup. So they just send us the "easiest" palettes - the ones they think will be the new bestsellers. They would sell much more if they took into consideration that Scandinvians tend to be rather pale and cool toned. Actually,the Asian line would suit many Scandinavian girls too.

We ought to rebel!!

awickedshape

I think it's because Scandinavians buy very little makeup. So they just send us the "easiest" palettes - the ones they think will be the new bestsellers. They would sell much more if they took into consideration that Scandinvians tend to be rather pale and cool toned. Actually,the Asian line would suit many Scandinavian girls too.

We ought to rebel!!

Lol!
Oh, interesting! I didn't know that

lipstickaddict

We ought to rebel!!

This totally makes sense! My best friend is Swedish and when she visits me, I supply her with everything she needs! Lol! I think she thinks I am nuts given my makeup collection. I used to live in Sweden too! Definitely need to rebel!

SlugPower

The lip tatoos seem popular.

I saw the new eye palettes today. Here we have as sephora france.

The matte ones didn't call my attention as thwy were boring but they were well pigmented. The satin ones were good but seomewhat underwhelming (and very brown, as a previous poster said).

I liked Magnify, the purples are all captivating. While Electrify is interesting in the pan, I found it somewhat boring overali, but has good pigmentation. Dream has a lovely centre shade,but the rest isn't so lovely. Inflame was pretty but it seemed a little boring as well. Somehow I was disappointed. Ill try another store, it might be the lighting. I have NO idea who'd be interested in Expose, the colours are awful.

Adore (former Versailles) and Defy (former Carré Bleu) have very shimmering colours on them (two each) That finish is the same as cosmopolite or the lustrous smoky. Versailles was already like that, a silver and a gold, but Adore has amped those up. Defy has two, a silver and a blue-silver one.

Magnify, Defy, Adore. The rest make me a sad panda.

Pippilotta

The matte ones didn't call my attention as thwy were boring but they were well pigmented. The satin ones were good but seomewhat underwhelming (and very brown, as a previous poster said).

I liked Magnify, the purples are all captivating. While Electrify is interesting in the pan, I found it somewhat boring overali, but has good pigmentation. Dream has a lovely centre shade,but the rest isn't so lovely. Inflame was pretty but it seemed a little boring as well. Somehow I was disappointed. Ill try another store, it might be the lighting. I have NO idea who'd be interested in Expose, the colours are awful.

Adore (former Versailles) and Defy (former Carré Bleu) have very shimmering colours on them (two each) That finish is the same as cosmopolite or the lustrous smoky. Versailles was already like that, a silver and a gold, but Adore has amped those up. Defy has two, a silver and a blue-silver one.

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's the lighting! I think it's Dior trying to blow while keeping the flour in their mouth (I apologize if this is not an English saying). They want to honour the "Dior inheritance" with it's artistic use of color, but even more than that they want to sell, and the most sold color worldwide is brown.

VAL4M

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's the lighting! I think it's Dior trying to blow while keeping the flour in their mouth (I apologize if this is not an English saying). They want to honour the "Dior inheritance" with it's artistic use of color, but even more than that they want to sell, and the most sold color worldwide is brown.

Ditto, Dior cater to a more conservative customer (like Chanel, Guerlain, Lancome, Cle de Peau and other Luxury Makeup company) so of course brown and neutral colour will be predominant in their quint ... also those company knows because of their price point they need to appeal to the majority and neon colour is not the direction they will ever go.

SlugPower

I understand that neutrals are needed. I dont get why they need 3-4 neutrals though. We cant even say they are for different skintones. They could also make neutrals interesting by texture, but they are all the same without depth.

Theres nothing different between this and some random drugstore. When we buy designer, we are supposed to open a pan and be delighted. At least that is what Ive felt every time I opened a pan that Ive brought from Dior.

I open Trafalgar and feel delighted. I open Contrast Horizon and feel delighted (and scared, but a good kind). Even the neutrals,I open Bar and Ambre Nuit and I feel delighted. I didnt feel delighted about any of these except those three (and electrify) I said.

In fact, a neutral palette is Focus, from summer. I did feel good when I saw it. Even if its not much of anything once swatched. I looked at it and thought it was nice. It looks good. Even last year in summer there was a nude palette, it gave a good feeling even if swatched it nothing special.

In contrast, I looked at Inflame and felt disappointed. Its supposed to mimick Sundeck (which is wonderful to look at and I felt nothing alike).

It isnt too worrisome, as the limited editions have been colourful. I just dont get the point of so many browns for the permanent ones (here, not even a grey or taupe palette). What did Dior offer different from all those brands or the umptieth NAKED palette? Nothing. So why would buy Dior? And if its because of that old "you buy because its designer" then why would I buy Dior over Chanel?

Last edited:

lipstickaddict

My Highlight in 004 came this week and I've been wearing it in combo with my MJ coconut bronzer. I honestly thought it looked great, until yesterday when my husband said it looked like I had smeared something on my face. LOL. I said, that's my highlight, it's deliberate. I seriously died laughing.

The issue however, is that now I am having doubts about it. It is possible that it is too cool toned for my skin, or maybe I just need to use a lighter hand with application. Regardless, 004 is a gorgeous highlight for medium to darker skin tones and I encourage anyone who has considered this one, to definitely take a closer look!

Monsy

It isnt too worrisome, as the limited editions have been colourful. I just dont get the point of so many browns for the permanent ones (here, not even a grey or taupe palette). What did Dior offer different from all those brands or the umptieth NAKED palette? Nothing. So why would buy Dior? And if its because of that old "you buy because its designer" then why would I buy Dior over Chanel?

nothing. it is just brand name. in case you want luxury and you want dior you will buy it. if you do not care and want nice neutral palettes you can get mac, too faced, naked... etc. everyone offers same stuff.

awickedshape

My Highlight in 004 came this week and I've been wearing it in combo with my MJ coconut bronzer. I honestly thought it looked great, until yesterday when my husband said it looked like I had smeared something on my face. LOL. I said, that's my highlight, it's deliberate. I seriously died laughing.

The issue however, is that now I am having doubts about it. It is possible that it is too cool toned for my skin, or maybe I just need to use a lighter hand with application. Regardless, 004 is a gorgeous highlight for medium to darker skin tones and I encourage anyone who has considered this one, to definitely take a closer look!

Oh, hubby lol
I found 004 a little unusual but I'll probably get 003

boschicka

OMG, I LOVE THIS!!! :rofl:

My darling husband has told me: I looked like someone punched me in the eye, I had dirt on my face, my eye makeup was severe....but in a pretty way, I look like a prostitute...but a hot prostitute. I can't go on.

Clearly we have mad makeup skills!

awickedshape

OMG, I LOVE THIS!!! :rofl:

My darling husband has told me: I looked like someone punched me in the eye, I had dirt on my face, my eye makeup was severe....but in a pretty way, I look like a prostitute...but a hot prostitute. I can't go on.

Clearly we have mad makeup skills!

Nooooooooo he didn't!

Latest posts