Dior Cosmetics Discussion

SlugPower

do you ladies know when they re did nude air luminizers are they all old shades just repackaged/renamed or are some of them new? I liked 05 rose something but wasn't sure if it's same as one of the old ones (old ones i have nude glow and pink glow i think)

Did they redo them? I know the six that were done a year ago.
001 and 002 are the "same" colours as those from glowing gardens.
003 (gold) and 004 (bronze) and 006 (transparent) have more beautiful versions (slightly different but close) in those backstage palettes. at least i thought so when i swatched them side by side.
005 (the one you say) is the only one it hasn't a close version.

Monsy

Yes that is what I meant a year ago (they didn't redo them again). Sorry I was not clear.
Ok so I will have to get 005

shadowaddict

Life has been a bit more crazy than usual so I’m way behind.

Monsy, how do you like the glow foundation? I’ve played around with it & can’t decide. The lightest shade is a bit dark. I might can deal with that but haven’t found a good primer match. Any suggestions? It doesn’t help that with all the stress my skin is extra prone to breakout.

The matte in the same color is lighter. I’ve also played mix & match with them.

Perhaps neither isn’t going to work for me. It seems as soon as my skin gets clear & smooth life commits a blatant pass interference with no penalty.

elegant-one

Life has been a bit more crazy than usual so I’m way behind.

Monsy, how do you like the glow foundation? I’ve played around with it & can’t decide. The lightest shade is a bit dark. I might can deal with that but haven’t found a good primer match. Any suggestions? It doesn’t help that with all the stress my skin is extra prone to breakout.

The matte in the same color is lighter. I’ve also played mix & match with them.

Perhaps neither isn’t going to work for me. It seems as soon as my skin gets clear & smooth life commits a blatant pass interference with no penalty.
Not sure if it would work for you, but I got rid of all my other skincare because of Darphin. My daughter in law started with the Intral Toner and said it made her skin completely clear.

shadowaddict

I’ve seen you guys rave about it. I need to give it a try. When my skin gets like this DE not kicking in enough even when I add or switch products out. Thanks.

elegant-one

I am so happy you love Darphin. it's such an amazing brand. I wish it was more popular in the usa as it is in europe
I missed this but SO happy you posted it my dear!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it so much. I've purchased almost everything to try & have not been disappointed with anything! The holiday tins are adorable too. I'll never ever use anything else.

The new pearl eye cream is wonderful!!! And, I already loved the Stimulskin plus eye cream. The only eye cream that actual shows results & doesn't bother my contacts. I use the pearl during the day because of the blur effect and the Stimulskin at night.

I wish it was more popular too.

SlugPower

The Holiday Collection

The brown eyeshadow is well done, but very common. Three of the colours are about 1:1 with three of their monos (Fire, Reflection and Delicate), the one in the middle is close to the taupe one of the yellow eyeshadow from fall, and the black one is just black I mean everyone has black eyeshadows. Kinda meh, but I get that it had to be done to balance the other one, plus a good choice for someone who never had one of these.

The colourful eyeshadow is a treat, because while the colours are all quite different, they somehow work together. I doubt the majority would work more than two of them together (I certainly wouldn't), but they're nice on their own or combined with other eyeshadows. The three "colours" are really good, the green one is the most common (I feel like I have it already but then I really like greens) while the pink and the blue ones are really different from what's usually seen. The gold and the silver colours are common, but they are versatile enough. I might go back for it, I'm still undecided.

There were no liquid eyeshadows besides a lonesome tester from fall stuck there to trick clients. This was at a "Sephora", not a Dior counter, so it's not the brand's fault. I've been told they received mixed reviews? Some say they're really nice, some say they're really bad. I can't talk about those.

The diorific lipsticks are really pretty, I recommend everyone that likes lipstick to swatch them at least because there might be one that suits their tastes. I'm not a fan of staturated lipsticks so didn't get any.

The nail colours are pretty standard. The red is close to Pandore, the magenta one is more saturated than their standard Mirage but around that shade (therefore pretty), the beige-peach one is a colour I'm against on principle so I shouldn't comment on it.

The glitter topcoat is really cute and nice though, so I got that. I tried it at home, very colourful (pink and blues mostly) and still somewhat sheer at 3 coats (but getting there), plus it's their really good top coat. I hope I'll have the patience to stack up 5 or so coats of this for New Year.

Poison Perfume

On other news, apparently the Poison perfume line is going to be discontinued on "Sephora" types of stores outside of France? I went to buy one for my mother since it's her favourite since the 80s, but they told me that and I really couldn't find more than EDTs on it (which were also the last ones). I asked at the flagship store and they told me they will continue to sell it there, but can't really say what's up on those stores.

Spring Makeup

On yet other news, there are so pics on instagram for the spring collection, apparently called Glow Vibes. I'm not sure what to think of the eyeshadow (too colourful for me to even begin to know how to use it), there's some new lip glow glasses with oils too.

SlugPower

The print of the eyeshadows is too sweet, I love it. Not sure if I like these colour combos though, too much colour for a single look, and I am a lover of colour.

The rest is meh.

JerseyGirl

The only lip oil I ever tried was YSL and it made my lips peel. So, I’m not going to try this...or any other lip oils!

SlugPower

The swatches for the new collection:

I wanted the blue eyeshadow but it's too light according to these shots. The other looks better in swatches than the promotional images, but even so it's not enough to tempt me.

The blush look fantastic and in a package that is really nice for me. Too bad I don't use blush... even if I want to try now.

I do like that pink and that blue nailpolishes.

Meh. I hoped better from a 2020 collection. :(

r0mini0n

Is that Asia Exclusive or their general spring collection? I like the two blushes! I like the eyeshadow quad with the purple shade in the middle (such a lovely shade) but I would never wear those shades.

Latest posts