Dior Fall 2015- Cosmopolite

GreenEyedAllie

As promised (c. Pink, r. Pink, coral; inside, outside shade, outside sun)...
81860a79_IMAG2142_1.jpeg
77269749_IMAG2141_1.jpeg
7111ab57_IMAG2140_1.jpeg
Coral IS bright and orange, but not nearly as orange as it looks in pics. I've gone from apprehensive to excited to try it. I tried to blend them a little at the top, but I swatched them too close to really do it. Can't wait to see how they wear and compare to rosewood.

awickedshape

I read the review. She seems to like the powder but I wondered where it lost to get B+. The texture was nice, did not accentuate pores etc etc... bec it doesnt look universal?? (not a fault finding exercise but a genuine doubt)
The scoring shows slightly lower scores on texture and longevity but other than that...

GreenEyedAllie

I read the review. She seems to like the powder but I wondered where it lost to get B+. The texture was nice, did not accentuate pores etc etc... bec it doesnt look universal?? (not a fault finding exercise but a genuine doubt)

Quote: Originally Posted by awickedshape

The scoring shows slightly lower scores on texture and longevity but other than that...
I honestly do not understand how she reviews a lot of the time. There are definitely biases that play into them, but no one's perfectly objective. She was pretty stoked about the CT highlighter that she reviewed recently, so maybe she was unconsciously comparing it to that. The CT is one of the finest milled, most beautifully textured highlighters I have, so very little would perform well against that.

On me, at least, the powder lasts quite well. I'm able to use it as a traditional highlighter or all over.

Vineetha

Exactly but the review mentions

"The highlighter wore well for eight hours on me before fading"
" and the powder’s texture was soft without being powdery"

Well not a big deal but when i read the review i thought the rating was gonna be better is all!!
winks.gif

awickedshape

I honestly do not understand how she reviews a lot of the time.  There are definitely biases that play into them, but no one's perfectly objective.  She was pretty stoked about the CT highlighter that she reviewed recently, so maybe she was unconsciously comparing it to that.  The CT is one of the finest milled, most beautifully textured highlighters I have, so very little would perform well against that. On me, at least, the powder lasts quite well.  I'm able to use it as a traditional highlighter or all over.  
Exactly but the review mentions "[COLOR=2B2B2B]The highlighter wore well for eight hours on me before fading"[/COLOR] [COLOR=2B2B2B]" and the powder’s texture was soft without being powdery"[/COLOR] [COLOR=2B2B2B]Well not a big deal but when i read the review i thought the rating was gonna be better is all!! [/COLOR];)
:dunno:

Medgal07

Wearing it today....again...LOVE! Can't wait for coral and pink to arrive, too! It will look gorgeous on you. What I love about these based only on Rosewood at this point is that they're super pigmented but also really blendable. So fair-skinned ghosties a la me can sheer out the color and little bit, but WOC have a product that packs a punch and looks lovely on their skin, too.
You have me so excited about Rosewood. It arrives tomorrow so I'll definitely have to wear it on Friday. I typically wear my cream blush UNDER my foundation so I'm
glad it's very pigmented. Sounds like Dior did a good job with these!!! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the others!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by JerseyGirl

I've been wearing Rosewood with Alezane and the Dior Cosmopolite highlighter, love the combo. I'm enjoying it so much I don't want to change it..
Sounds like a really beautiful combination.

Medgal07

Why try to figure out why and how T arrives at her decisions. Phooey! We got the products because they appealed to us and I'm not interested in second guessing myself ourselves!!!
th_wiggle2.gif

Medgal07

Exactly but the review mentions

"The highlighter wore well for eight hours on me before fading"
" and the powder’s texture was soft without being powdery"

Well not a big deal but when i read the review i thought the rating was gonna be better is all!!
winks.gif
I think we should stop putting so much emphasis on these and giving them thought beyond what they're worth----perhaps something for someone looking to purchase the
product but trying to analyze them after we already have the product is pointless. I stand by my choices-------period!

peace2.gif

Medgal07

I honestly do not understand how she reviews a lot of the time. There are definitely biases that play into them, but no one's perfectly objective. She was pretty stoked about the CT highlighter that she reviewed recently, so maybe she was unconsciously comparing it to that. The CT is one of the finest milled, most beautifully textured highlighters I have, so very little would perform well against that.

On me, at least, the powder lasts quite well. I'm able to use it as a traditional highlighter or all over.
I'm glad you're loving your purchase, as am I
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif
That's all that matters!!

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF] Once I've already purchased the product, these reviews lose their relevance---good bad or indifferent!!!  Especially since my  our purchases are not based on them.[/COLOR]:happydance: [COLOR=0000FF]Why try to figure out why and how T arrives at her decisions.  Phooey!  We got the products because they appealed to us and I'm not interested in second guessing myself  ourselves!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]:wiggle: [/COLOR]
  [COLOR=0000FF] I think we should stop putting so much emphasis on these and giving them thought beyond what they're worth----perhaps something for someone looking to purchase the[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   product but trying to [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]analyze them after we already have the product is pointless.  I stand by my choices-------period![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    [/COLOR]:peace:
Haha I wasn't meddy!! I really really love the powder and when I read the review it sounded really positive as well!! The scoring looked different from the review points was all!! Lol :haha:

GreenEyedAllie

[COLOR=0000FF]   You have me so excited about Rosewood.  It arrives tomorrow so I'll definitely have to wear it on Friday.  I typically wear my cream blush UNDER my foundation so I'm[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   glad it's very pigmented.  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] Sounds like Dior did a good job with these!!!  I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the others!!![/COLOR] Hope I haven't oversold it...I love it for me. So I don't know if you saw my swatches of all 3 from earlier, but I played around a little tonight. Right now, I'm not enthusiastic about c. pink. It's pretty, but not in love yet, and I'm not sure how it will perform on darker complexions. The coral? A second love and must-buy IMO (if you like the product). Beautiful! Rosewood is still my favorite.

GreenEyedAllie

Has anyone bought metropolis or cosmopolite nail colors? I'm debating it...After a terrible time with an OPI sample from their Venice collection, I took it all off and replaced with CD Lady from the spring...forgot how much I love the formula. Was a dream compared to the OPI.

Medgal07

Hope I haven't oversold it...I love it for me. So I don't know if you saw my swatches of all 3 from earlier, but I played around a little tonight. Right now, I'm not enthusiastic about c. pink. It's pretty, but not in love yet, and I'm not sure how it will perform on darker complexions. The coral? A second love and must-buy IMO (if you like the product). Beautiful! Rosewood is still my favorite.
I did see those beautiful swatches, thank you!!!! I'm sticking with Rosewood which was endorsed by you and several of the other enablers ladies here, who know who they are!!!

Medgal07

Has anyone bought metropolis or cosmopolite nail colors? I'm debating it...After a terrible time with an OPI sample from their Venice collection, I took it all off and replaced with CD Lady from the spring...forgot how much I love the formula. Was a dream compared to the OPI.
I purchased just one from this collection------Metropolis (green) 701 but I'v not yet worn it. Prior to that I picked up Sunkissed and Sundown from the Tie & Dye Collection.

Latest posts