Disappointed with Nars

beautycool

Hi I recently done a first order and I have a nars artist discount account Firstly I placed my very first order it was not going through on my ifone and I did it again and again pressed the button to place order Said in red order has not been accepted or something along them lines Anyhow I did it again and again thinking why isn't it taking my money No email was showing up either to say order placed confirmation Nothing I thought what's going on Anyhow I tried with a different card my credit card Weird that wasn't going through Without me knowing The orders were going through but I was none the wiser The bank and nars have a hold on my money so it's showing me my full balance and then showing me what I can get out the bank Hopefully it be sorted out in 3-5 working days I should have my money back ATM I am waiting for a lady to speak with her manager to see what sort of apology they can give me In a way to say sorry for any inconvenient caused being its my money and cannot get at it for bills etc I had been charged 8-10 times which I really am furious Nothing to do with my bank But nars web was down mmmmmmmm :((( Has caused me nothing but stress As I had put more money in my account for my car to be serviced and hadn't got that money now lol !!!!!! Anyhow I'm waiting for nars to get back to me at some point :) Anyone else had this happen before its do upsetting knowing you got funds and you cannot get them out as the company is holding them Actually nars has declined them so it will go through soon and I get a return on my money in full It was 54.00 x 8 or 10 So we talking about alot of money here Oh and I'm not even having any orders placed ATM :( very disappointing So I have to wait for the funds to turn up then order off another card or something the lady told me to do :(

Yazmin

Sorry that happened to you. They recently revamped their website and it's presented all sorts of problems. I placed an order on March 21 and it only just shipped this Monday, which is not the norm for NARS. Still waiting for tracking information to be posted. The last rep I spoke with also cited warehouse issues for the reason for delay. Hopefully, those authorization holds will drop off quickly for you.

beautycool

Hi Hun thank you :) I hope so too I wonder what goodies I will get Lol :)))) what did you order I now have to wait I suppose to order from them again till all is dropped off But could use my other card :)))) But I think I wait xx

walkingdead

Hi I recently done a first order and I have a nars artist discount account Firstly I placed my very first order it was not going through on my ifone and I did it again and again pressed the button to place order Said in red order has not been accepted or something along them lines Anyhow I did it again and again thinking why isn't it taking my money No email was showing up either to say order placed confirmation Nothing I thought what's going on Anyhow I tried with a different card my credit card Weird that wasn't going through Without me knowing The orders were going through but I was none the wiser The bank and nars have a hold on my money so it's showing me my full balance and then showing me what I can get out the bank Hopefully it be sorted out in 3-5 working days I should have my money back ATM I am waiting for a lady to speak with her manager to see what sort of apology they can give me In a way to say sorry for any inconvenient caused being its my money and cannot get at it for bills etc I had been charged 8-10 times which I really am furious Nothing to do with my bank But nars web was down mmmmmmmm :((( Has caused me nothing but stress As I had put more money in my account for my car to be serviced and hadn't got that money now lol !!!!!! Anyhow I'm waiting for nars to get back to me at some point :) Anyone else had this happen before its do upsetting knowing you got funds and you cannot get them out as the company is holding them Actually nars has declined them so it will go through soon and I get a return on my money in full It was 54.00 x 8 or 10 So we talking about alot of money here Oh and I'm not even having any orders placed ATM :( very disappointing So I have to wait for the funds to turn up then order off another card or something the lady told me to do :(
This just happened to me at Sephora on Monday. Charged me twice on an order. It is very upsetting and inconvenient. The credit is still not showing in my bank acct. CS said I should call my bank it's not showing by tomorrow. Why do I have to call them... It was Sephora's mistake. It sucks! This is our hard earned money!

elegant-one

Just had this happen to me at the nars site. After I hit place order, it says in red 'check payment settings' I checked & everything was correct but I did it 4 more times thinking that maybe I entered a number wrong. Aggh...so ticked. I left them a nasty phone message & email.

Also, I think that a law needs to be passed about banks holding the money when things like this happens. If they can take it out of your account in seconds - they should be able to put it back in seconds. Maybe a lawsuit against the banks or something.

emilinaloveMAC

yes this happen a few weeks ago for me on the nars site. it took 5 days to get my money back and order never went through. I recently placed another order through nars BUT over the phone and it went through. I suggest you order over the phone with Nars

elegant-one

yes this happen a few weeks ago for me on the nars site. it took 5 days to get my money back and order never went through. I recently placed another order through nars BUT over the phone and it went through. I suggest you order over the phone with Nars
Geesh. I wish I would have known. I haven't had a problem ordering from there before. So sorry it happened to you!

I am going to demand that they shut the site down until this is fixed so that no one else goes through this.

walkingdead

Now I'm scared to order on Nars. I want to get that blush. I'll probably just call now. I agree [@]elegant-one[/@] they need to shut the site down

elegant-one

You would think someone as big as NARS would at least be able to have a functioning website & available customer service!

valkolak

Woah how awful! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to watch out if I order from their site. I hope you get your funds back soon.

beautycool

Hi girls I can't phone nars myself the phone number don't work for me I'm in the uk Even when I do dialling code etc it still don't work I cannot believe it as I had nars call me on my home phone as I had wrote them a email to say i want someone to call me as this has happened is girls in the uk ain't got no way of contacting :((( dangerous I think ) Anyhow s the lady on the phone guaranteed me the site was up and working and that Sunday it had technical faults x So I'm very shocked to hear this ladies Where people still have had problems. If you get the little note in red saying about the payment not working its not any of your cards it's there site x Just be careful I so wanna order something two things and I cannot I suppose ATM x :( gutted make up artist discount customer grrrrrrrr) The only way I can contact them is by email That sucks

beautycool

Elegant one and walking dead You will get your monies back and explain to the bank x But I think personally its nars even though they declined the money they still have hold of it I don't know as its pending out your bank You need to contact nars and get them to see if these payments are declined like I did They sent me a email over and it all shows declined Hun x

MarieMary

You would think someone as big as NARS would at least be able to have a functioning website & available customer service!
That's the thing though. It is a big company with a humongous website. Despite extensive testing, troubleshooting and debugging before the launch of a website, errors are bound to slip through the cracks of thousands of lines of code. It's just that in this case, the error generated is causing quite an inconvience to customers. I hope their developers find the issue soon.

Taking the website offline even for a couple of days is not the best idea for them, because then 100% of the customers cannot pass an order, when maybe 0.5% of the customers are experiencing a problem. Responding to a few angry customers is less trouble than responding to thousands of daily emails / FB PMs / FB wall posts / Tweets asking Why is the website down? / Is my order going to be impacted by the website being offline? / When will the website be back? / How can I track the order I made before you took the website offline? / You took my money and now the website is closed, this is outrageous! I'm going to sue you! / etc...

As for banks, well... They demand that you pay them back immediately (and if you don't, you get penalties) but they always take their sweet time to pay you back (with no penalties for them).

I hope every issue gets resolved soon! :)

elegant-one

The thing with Nars is that they did know about it for a long time with the same issue still happening several weeks later. Its kind of a serious issue when it involves people's money.

I called first thing this morning & they called my bank. For me, I have no pending charges so nothing was taken out of my account or any holds.

Monsy

I am really surprised this is something new from nars. they never had these problems before and they customer service is always helpful and amazing

i placed an order two days ago and it's still "shipping soon"
I also checked my cc online and it's fine, only one pending charge

elegant-one

They did an update & it really messed with things. But they knew it was an issue. I guess when you go to check out, something is not passing the cc info so it can mesh with the bank, therefore it defaults to telling you to check your payment settings - which is not the problem. It makes you think that you entered something incorrectly hence trying it again & then the multiple charges.

beautycool

I think it's awful It's upset me totally only ever company that I have had this is the body shop Omg they didn't even know what I was chatting about at least nars did lol I hope I get some reimbursement compo Using phone numbers to 0845 premium numbers to my bank Wasted time on phone to nars when they called me for half a hour Laying in bed at night worrying wondering when I'm getting my money back And I put money in my bank from my pp account for my car tax which was due next day I couldn't even drive my car As nars/ my bank had hold