Do You Buy Items and Never Use Them?

ellesea

Everytime I find limited edition items from past collections or current collections, I buy the colors I can wear but when I bring them home, I just can't get myself to use them! I know part of the LE thing is just a marketing ploy, but still...now I have a fast growing collection of gorgeous stuff I don't use.

You?

saniyairshad

Sometimes that does happen I try them on at the store and when I come home they stay in my traincase for ages...till i realize i should wear them...i know the LE tag is hard to shake off. I'm working on it though

labwom

This does happen to me but mostly with my Smashbox items. I buy them but then they just sit in my traincase and I never reach for them. I should selll/swap it but I haven't even tried it to see if I even like it or not.

ledonatella

Yeah, I refuse to use my Barbie stuff cause it's too pretty to mess up. Same with my other rare LE MAC stuff like Playboy or Eddie Izzard. If I can get backups at a normal price I will, but at this point some of those are hard to find. Once they restock some of the Barbie I can get backups of those and then I'll use them.

claresauntie

I absolutely do not do this. I use everything I buy. I can't afford not to!
smiles.gif

heatherhoneyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
smiles.gif

I agree. After the money I dropped on the Barbie line, I can't imagine letting it all just sit there. Everything that I buy, I intend to wear, sometimes it doesn't work that way, but at least the intention was there when I originally bought it.

prinzessin784

I will almost always at least swipe it, but there is one thing I haven't even touched yet: House of Style lipstick from Couture. I just don't think it's going to look good on me haha. And I'm so in love with Couture and Influential lipsticks that I haven't felt the urge to try it out yet.

Other than that though I will definitely at least try it once. In fact, if you look at my MUA list most things are swiped one time haha. I can tell that I won't use something based on my initial feelings about it.

Joke

Quote:
smiles.gif

Yeah me too. Even when it's not that great as I thought, I'll still use it and try to find other ways to make it work.

Fairybelle

The only time this happened to me was with the Playboy line. I bought the glitter cream and never used it because the bunny was too cute to mess up. Ended up selling it on Ebay-- the bids went CrAzy (my initial price was 0.99) and I ended up making quite a bit of money from it. So, I don't have it anymore, still have the l/s which I do use, so in the end I am happy that I at least made some money to buy more MAC items which I do use.

princess

I definately use everything I buy, can't afford to splash money on makeup to display in my drawer.
tong.gif

queenofdisaster

i use everything i buy as well... after getting used to certain colors and whatnot i know what will work for me and what won't. and i can't afford to let it sit there, either :p i have bought plenty of things that just sat there, and ended up selling or swapping them. when i get something new i always try to use it within a few days... and since i have so many eyeshadows i come up with some weird color combos, but they work!!!

medusalox

Guilty as charged.
smiles.gif
I buy too much, and then some of it will just sit and do nothing. I finally realized that instead of having 18947028367 tons of makeup that I don't wear, I can sell some of it away and you know, pay my bills.
smiles.gif

I'm trying to be better about my buying problem!

stellarx1587

I've bought plenty of LE items that I don't use, but not cause they're LE, but because my ass always wakes up late and never have time to look for it and just end up wearing my quickie everyday neutrals for work... what a waste of money...
weeping.gif

Beachgrl07

LOL I do that with everything! I haven't been sucked into the LE thing yet (the only LE thing I own is a Budding lustreglass). I find that I do that more with clothes than anything else!
hmm.gif

lsperry

Quote:
smiles.gif

Look like you have a lot of us quoting you, claresauntie....

It's not so much the money, but I LOVE PLAYING w/the new colors and products too much to let them sit there. Every night before going to bed, I plan my "face" for the next day by laying out the products/colors I'll be wearing. I love incorporating the new colors in w/the old. So fun and challenging.

Yeah, I know there are a lot of people who dislike the LE thing; but I don't mind. If it's something I'm really, really loving, I'll buy back-ups. But it's mostly the lip products I buy back-ups of [autobody red, polish me pink LVs, rouge noir ls and chance encounter lg -- As an AA woman w/full lips, it's always been a challenge to find flattering lip colors and finishes. I think I've found it in w/MAC].

So, not "No" but "HELL NO" would I ever buy anything MAC and not use it!
lol.gif

redhead2000

Quote:
smiles.gif

I feel this way, too. It's a waste of money to let something sit in a drawer and spoil. I want to enjoy my makeup--all of it!
smiles.gif

liv

I agree with claresauntie, too. I use everything I buy, even if that isn't that much. I am a little sad that the cute Barbie face on the shadows I got is going to come off, but I refuse to let it sit there, because I'd rather have it be pretty on my eyes, not pretty in my drawer where no one can see it but me. =]

Corien

Since I've joined this forum, I always told myself not to get a collection that is too big. I want to be able to use every single product I have on a regular basis (even though I can forgive myself if I I have quite a lot of eyeshadows, because you don't feel like wearing the same shades every day).

I probably have some make-up I hardly ever use, but most of the time those are free samples I got with a magazine I bought or something. But I never actually bought something I never use

ginger9

I use all the makeup I buy and that includes digging into my barbie stuff without any hesitation LOL but I've come a long way, when I first got into makeup I was always afraid to use my stuff (even my brushes) because it was so precious but then I realized makeup WILL GO BAD and there's no point in saving it!

I still keep my makeup nice and clean and I'm very careful but I use everything now
smiles.gif

BUT I still have a problem with clothes....I have a lot of nice outfits that I just look at but don't wear and then my weight fluctuates and it doesn't fit any more
fool.gif
Mental note to self - start wearing the stuff in your closet!!!!