Do you follow the makeup trends?

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I kinda go for the trend, if I find that I like it. Since I'm so new to makeup I look around to see what people are doing, and if I like it, I try it on. But just like everything else, after I keep doing it and experimenting, I sort of make it into my own. But if I find I don't like it, I just skip it and wait to see what other new looks come up.
smiles.gif

xsnowwhite

i dont even have a clue waht the new makeup trends are lol! But anyways i stick to what I like whether other people like it or not. Lately though i just stick to simple black eyeliner and mascara, because im too lazy to do anything else lol

righteothen

I follow the trends to see what's going on, but not really to try them. I do like to see if something I like might be discontinued because of a trend, then go out and stock up before it's all gone ^_^.

glam8babe

i dont really follow it i just wear what suits me best for the right occasion. In summer i wear lots of bronze colours and skip dark colours unless im doing a smokey eye for a special occasion. Winter i still wear abit of bronzer but just on my cheeks and keep my eyes neutral for day time and smokey for night. But like some of you said it also depends on the outfit! i like to colour co-ordinate most of the time and try different things here and there

GreekChick

As a MUA, I feel as if I have to keep up with the trends, considering I get bombarded with that question every single day. However, I don't believe in winter or summer looks. Smoky might seem more appropriate during the winter, however a gorgeous tan with a smoky eye during the summer is killer. Orange lipstick is out for some, however Morange l/s for example, is beautiful when paired with the right lipliners.

PolyphonicLove

I plan on being a MUA in the future, so I keep up with all makeup trends - but in reality, I dont follow too much! hell, while everyone is all dewy, Ive been rockin the matte look because Im tired of looking like a grease vat.

but otherwise, I wear what I want at the moment! I have fun with it! its all about taking trends, and making them your own.

Azuresyren

I follow the cosmetic trends in fashion, a whole lot more than I follow the clothing fashion trends. I don't always follow them, but I might if I like what's been done; the evolution of techniques and styles fascinate me so I like to keep up-to-date with what's going on.

Johnny Wal

i follow the trends sometimes, just seeing what other people are doing more often and saying "why dont i do that? maybe it'll be flattering on me" so i try it a few times and if i like it, ill do it, along with everyone else.

one thing, though, that i am always finding myself following is EYEBROW TRENDS! i dont know if anyone noticed, but within the last few years it was like, really really thin eyebrows were in, then really archy ones, then thicker ones to look more "natural" (even though they are still shaped and tweezed all the time, so its not really natural) and then back to thinner, but not super thin.

i think eyebrows are hard to keep up with!

ritchieramone

I don't pay attention to trends, so I'm never much aware of what they are. I just wear what I think suits me and as my likes and dislikes change subtly over time, so does the make-up I wear.

I don't understand what the point is when I see magazine articles like "how *you* can wear the new brights/neutrals/whatevers" as if you'll feel compelled to start wearing something you don't think flatters you just because it's in. :confused:

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marielle001
Anyone else sick of smokey eyes??? I like them but I'm so sick of seeing them everywhere...

Yes! It's time people embraced the lips.

Azuresyren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marielle001
Anyone else sick of smokey eyes??? I like them but I'm so sick of seeing them everywhere...

My friend of mine has been sporting the smokey-eyes look for years... I like it ocassionally, but I think seeing her wear it so often just turned me off it so now I've kind of gone in the opposite direction with the paleness.
smiles.gif

lsperry

I read, look and pick and choose some element from the "current trend" that works for me.

However, I'm still scratching my head and wondering what is so attractive about the "Queen of the Nile" look by Alexander McQueen. I know it's a play on words. But I cannot see any situation (other than Halloween) some woman can pull those looks off.....His own models don't look attractive made up like that. But, that being said, I am getting 2 of the eyeshadows for "normal" wear, lol.

And I won't be adopting or adapting any of the "dark, dark eyeshadow and liner undereye drifting towards the cheeks" smokey-eye looks.... Looks like "Night of the Living Dead"....LOL.

GreekChick

^^Keep in mind that extremes are always represented in fashion shows, especially Alexander McQueen's and John Galliano's. These makeup styles (that follow the trends) are really just for the costumey aspect of the shows. Alexander McQueen's look is showcasing, bright, boldly, and in exageration, the Taylored trend for this season: the focus is on the eyebrows and on the strong eyeliner. Women may not pull it off, and it's not a look one would wear out into the street, but it's ideal for a fashion show, especially since today's shows mesh with theatre and circus's type of special effects.

Dark_Phoenix

I follow some of them. I almost never wear blush, just highlighter... so when the whole "bright pink! blushers" were in style I skipped that.

I personally LOVE lipsticks. The heft, the pigmentation, and the velvety texture of them is more appealing to me than sticky, sheer gloss. I'm SO happy they're back in style again over gloss.

Lovin' the black smokey look instead of browns (<which made my skin look ruddy).

Latest posts