Do You Have A Friends That?

LMD84

my friends think i am crazy for having so much make up. a couple have made comments about how much i spend on it, others just leave me to it. the thing that gets me the most is the ones who bitch about my collection are the ones who beg me to do their make up before a night out! oh and i have been accused of having no confidence because i have so much make up! which is rubbish
girl_devil.gif

on the other side of the coin my hubby is very supportive and doesn't bat an eyelid at what i have. he buys his games, i buy my mac!

Ethlinn

They don't understand it but they just smile at it. I think 75% of my friends don't own more than 5 make up items.

DILLIGAF

I guess Im lucky. I have a sister that's almost as much as an addict as I am. She's into makeup but not loyal to any one brand. I also have a cousin that works for MAC store operations. Here in South Florida I have two good friends and addicts that I can call to go collection shopping with me. I never knew they were as addicted to me until one day in the mall we all made a bee line for the MAC store. As a matter of fact we have a date to go to Spring Collection unveiling on Feb 2nd
yahoo.gif
. To all the haters I would say we all have our vices. I know some women that have more $$$ in their closets than I have in my traincases.

krijsten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I guess Im lucky. I have a sister that's almost as much as an addict as I am. She's into makeup but not loyal to any one brand. I also have a cousin that works for MAC store operations. Here in South Florida I have two good friends and addicts that I can call to go collection shopping with me. I never knew they were as addicted to me until one day in the mall we all made a bee line for the MAC store. As a matter of fact we have a date to go to Spring Collection unveiling on Feb 2nd
yahoo.gif
. To all the haters I would say we all have our vices. I know some women that have more $$$ in their closets than I have in my traincases.

Haha, I would love to have a few friends like that! Instead of rolling up to MAC alone!

Mabelle

It's very annoying to have someone make comments like that.

My aunt does it. She works for a cosmetics company, but is constantly calling MAC and other brands i like crap (her company is very small, and i only like the foundations tbh). She always makes the "this has a shelf life comment to me", to which i explain to her about creams/liquids going quicker but powders lasting a long ass time. She ignores this information. She constantly asks me "why do you spend money on all this crap?" To which i ask her why she went and bought a hot tub, a boat, a truck to tow the boat, which she goes to mexcio, why she redid her beautiful living room. Cause she likes it and it makes her happy. She spends her money irresponsibly (and she does) one way, and i will spend my money irresponsibly my way (and i do). It's none of her damned business and i would appreciate it if she quit harping on me and the things that bring me joy. That shut her up.... for now.

iaisha26

It's more like I'm changing everyone around me...sisters, friends; everyone's coming on the dark side. Lol

With regard to expiration-
Yes everything expires, I'll get rid of liquid/cream products, but I hold on to all of my powder products. If you don't have skin disease and you don't let other play in your makeup, you should be fine.

Can you imagine me throwing away Pleasureflush or Metal Rock? I'd had those since 04' or 05', I'd hear an ear full if I posted something crazy like that on here.