Do you have family members you just DON'T get on with?

User93

Well, see, I and your Mom think the same way
winks.gif

I think that sub-coinscidence (damn florabundance, help me to spell that!) jealous lies there, and honestly, I wasnt talking only about you. I think she jealouses to you aswell, just on a very deep level, it can cause a tension to see a man you love showing brother love or care to another woman, no
matter that you are a part of the family.

Considering what you told about that little fight, she does have a hard temper. And why really did she talk that way with you? But whatever. Lets say she had a PMS.

I do agree completely with above posters that you dont have to have good relationship with her. You dont, so what? But I would try to work it out. Family means a lot really, and I dont think that having tough relatioship with anyone is a good thing. You two gotta do it at least for your brother!

How old is she btw? I think that as she will get older she will get better really! Maybe she is also nerveous of entering the family.

I think you should take baby steps, just try to smile to her, laugh with her, even agree with her in some parts! That would help definitely. Just try not pay attention to her attacks if she starts. Its just business man, just diplomacy!

anita22

I really don't get along with my aunt. Not only is she bossy (in a rude way), she's made it clear she thinks my husband is a loser because he's 35 and "doesn't have a job", and even though he is studying, "he isn't studying anything worthwhile". (I should probably mention that my husband is doing a PhD at Oxford).

I pretty much just ignore her... and am extra nice to her kids, because they are so sweet and I feel a little sorry for them having such a rude and small-minded mother!

kristina ftw!

I really, really don't get along with my younger sister, none of my siblings do (there's five of us, her being the youngest), and it causes a lot of tension in the house.

AdlersMommy22

omg i do NOT get along with my cousin...

Ever since we were little she has been extreamly competitive with me... she always had to "one-up" me.. even when we were 4-5 years old.. its insane...

Now shes all of a sudden turned into a crazy christian (haha does anyone else watch the secrete life of an american teenager? because if you do you'll get that)

now dont get me wrong-- Im catholic. I love my religion... but i dont consider myself HARD CORE catholic... Then again. I dont consider Jenn "hard core" either.. I consider her "im going to pretend to be totally obsessed with my religion in order to get attention."

she didnt get confirmed until she was older and she fainted i guess durring the ceremony. Give me an effing break. One night she called me and told me that she passed out at home and when she woke up the angel Gabriel was sitting at the foot of her bed and all these cherubs were playing with her hair

I cant decide if shes just EXTREAMLY full of shit, crazy, or just a really bad attention whore.

Even her own mom cant stand her.. they havent talked in over 2 years... and I havent talked to jenn in 3 even though she stalks me on facebook.

when i got pregant she was telling some of my older cousins that we talked every day and she went and saw a sonogram with me..... LOL... I was like. .wtf? I havent talked to her in over a year and she KNOWS im going to find out she's lieing about this shit.

shes just nuts. whatev.

NutMeg

My older brother and I don't get along. We've made our peace with it, we both recognize that we love each other and think we're neat people... We just fight like cats and dogs if we spend any length of time together. So we hang out when I'm back in Alberta, and chat on the phone every once in a while (he's still my brother), but we aren't close.