Dose of Colors

erine1881

7352b19d_image.jpeg
3bb9d383_image.jpeg
1169be05_image.jpeg

Shars

I can't even believe how much shopping there was! Black Rose was still available and stone is stunning!

Lovedddd meeting everyone so far!

I didn't get to meet you :( and Sunday was so chaotic for us, I didn't see anyone then either. I'm glad they brought more than enough stock. By 3pm Sunday, all the lippies except 4 were still in stock.
I didn't see Doe...but I was also running around to the other booths as well!
OMG.... She was there. Hiding in the little office behind the booth. After we checked out, one of my friends spotted her. She poked her head out and asked one of her staff how everything was going and just as quickly ducked back into the office lol. It's funny, cause my friend was one of the people who got scammed. She was giving her full stink eye lol. The longest line was Morphe. That line never died down!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dolly Snow

That's weird, they should have allowed two for LA aswell.
Were Manny and Patrick actually kicked out?
I don't think they were so much kicked out. I think they came and people just started coming up to them and security told them if they wanted to meet fans, they had to go outside. It was so weird and dumb to me how people were just trailing behind them lol but I'm not so much in a frenzy over people like that.

Prettypackages

Yayyy! I swatched all these too. Fully intended on just getting Pinky Promise and Kiss of Fire but did not like them on me. Well more like Kiss of Fire was straight up more red than pink on me and Pinky Promise looked like just about every other fuschia pink. Berry Me 2 was sold out by the time I could be bothered to go to their booth a.k.a on the second day when the line died down substantially. I found it so weird that they didn't have a tester. I'm like, you brought all this stock and couldn't make one damn tester. *smh* Off topic, these colours look on you exactly how they looked on me so I'm using you for colour references in the future lol. I ended up with Berry Me, Purple Rain and Black Rose. I swatched them next to the LA Splash colours but did not think to take a pic for here *sigh*. If Brick ever becomes available separately, I'll be getting that. The others weren't flattering on me.

I didn't get to meet you :( and Sunday was so chaotic for us, I didn't see anyone then either. I'm glad they brought more than enough stock. By 3pm Sunday, all the lippies except 4 were still in stock.
The lines were very long on Saturday and less so on the Sunday. IMATS managed the lines a lot better this year from what I saw. By minutes to 4 on Sunday, the queue died right down. I only got in it because I wouldn't have had to wait more than 2 minutes. I only bought Riot. I hated that you had to stand in line just to swatch... what if after swatching, you don't want anything? You would have wasted so much time!

OMG.... She was there. Hiding in the little office behind the booth. After we checked out, one of my friends spotted her. She poked her head out and asked one of her staff how everything was going and just as quickly ducked back into the office lol. It's funny, cause my friend was one of the people who got scammed. She was giving her full stink eye lol. The longest line was Morphe. That line never died down!

I don't think they were so much kicked out. I think they came and people just started coming up to them and security told them if they wanted to meet fans, they had to go outside. It was so weird and dumb to me how people were just trailing behind them lol but I'm not so much in a frenzy over people like that.
same here!

montREALady

425d3a54_image.jpeg
Swatches from IMATS! (On NW45) Top row: Sephora BlackBerry Sorbet (for comparison) Berry Me Purple Rain Pinky promise 2nd row Pinky Promise Merlot Kiss of Fire Bottom row: New Terra Collection They had a slot for Berry Me 2 on the display, but they didn't bring it to the show. All the liquid lippies were priced at $15, except for Black Rose which was $20. Random tidbit: Amrezy's Boyfriend was working the register at DoC!
I love Amrezy!

mmilliance

4e78d455_image.jpeg
So supposingly, Kat Von D 'vampira' is a dupe for DOC 'Black Rose', I own both and swatched it. Vampira is definitely darker, has more of a brown undertone. Black Rose has more red in it. If you want it to be

MissElle12

@Shars I don't think they had Berry Me 2 at all at IMATs. I asked about it and they said they didn't bring it because it wasn't "ready in time". @candycoatedclos said the formula was off so they're probably working on it. Kiss of Fire did look red on my hand...I still bought it though lol

Shars

Kiss of Fire did look red on my hand...I still bought it though lol
Oh really? They made it seem as though they did because while we were on queue they were walking around with a mini blackboard which noted the items that were sold out and that was on the list. That's strange since the first release was so close to IMATS in the first place.

MissElle12

Oh really? They made it seem as though they did because while we were on queue they were walking around with a mini blackboard which noted the items that were sold out and that was on the list. That's strange since the first release was so close to IMATS in the first place.
That's odd...I got to the booth at around 11am on Saturday and it wasn't there...I refused to believe it sold out in 2 hours. They just kept saying "we were supposed to have it but it's not ready yet"...which I also thought was odd because it was just released.

Vandekamp

I haven't tried the brand, I was hoping this will be my first haul. How's the texture? Is it similar to LC?
The LC lipsticks dries much faster and doesn't transfer as easily. KVD makes the best liquid mattes IMO. I hope the Mac collection will be a winner too.