drug use, and the one you love.

ForgetRegret

I'm glad he's decided to get help, and that you were finally able to make him understand that him using wasn't only affecting him, but the two of you as a whole. It's not going to be easy, and I'm sure that you'll probably hit some bumps in the road, but you being there to support him is going to be the best way to get him back on track. Just don't get too frustrated if he falls a few times (I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but coke is VERY addictive), be there to help pick him up, and as long as he's willing to be helped, I know you two can get through it. You guys will be in my prayers, and I wish you both the best of luck.
th_hug.gif

Strawberrymold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_my_apple
im not sure if im understanding you luv. so youre saying that i shouldnt bring his drug use that was being done under my nose in MY house to his attention? im sorry but he is NOT building a life with me based on me considering "his feelings" and making him not feel critizied. so yea im gonna point out every fact about his drug use to him. im not gonna ignore the fact that he uses by taking him bowling every weekend to show him life is fun without the drug, because at the end of the day when im sleeping he could be in the bathroom blowing our future in so many ways than one. i'm not feeling pity at all. i just want him to be accountable for himself/actions. as of right now he's trying with every fiber of his being to kick this habit, i thank my lucky stars that he realizes that he could loose everything.

I wasn't trying to upset you. I was just speaking from personal experiance. I have been through what you are going through more than once and I just wanted to share what had worked for me. Every situation is different because every person is different. As I said, I was only trying to offer advice, not make you mad. I am happy that he is getting better and I wish you and him the best of luck.

hello_my_apple

update to the update: just for anyone who was concerned, things have been up and down mostly up thank God. he's seeing a drug intervention therapist and our pastor aswell, but when he goes to his therapist he goes alone. he says there are some issues that he's not ready to share with me yet and as long. as he's trying to stay sober i'm ready to wait until he's ready. but i couldnt be more happy that he's willing to try for us!

Latest posts