Dry paint pots

abbyquack

Are plastic sample jars ok to store the paint in?? I want to sell parts of mine (so they don't get wasted b/c I'll never use them all) but I don't want them to dry up on my buyers! Help?!
smiles.gif

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Are plastic sample jars ok to store the paint in?? I want to sell parts of mine (so they don't get wasted b/c I'll never use them all) but I don't want them to dry up on my buyers! Help?!
smiles.gif

Should be fine. People sell half their jars in sample jars all the time and I've never heard complaints.

billy_cakes

My nice vice is doing this as well, it appears to be shrinking inside the pot as well
ssad.gif
however i dont keep it anywhere weird. just on my desk with the other paint pots :S and yet this is the only one

coquetayloca

I had a paint pot that shrunk. What I did to bring it back to life is first I microwaved it to soften it up and then I sprayed it with Fix+, a couple pumps. Then I stirred it up and got some wax paper to press it back down so it looked like normal. I screwed the lid on tight and let it sit for like an hour... I'm impatient and probably should have let it be for a couple days, but I didnt
smiles.gif
. I opened it back up and there were a couple water drops sitting on the paint and I just wiped it away. Its now back to the same consistency that it was before.

andrrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
try adding a few drops of mixing medium and stir a little

Second this!

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
First thing I ask customers when they come in with dry fluidelines (haven't had anyone bring in a dry paint pot) is "Do you keep your makeup in your bathroom or your car?" Most of the times it's one or the other. The constant temperature/humidty change can spoil products. People seem shocked when they find this out, it only seems like common sense.

How long should they last before drying out? Mine are all starting to dry out and I keep them in my walk-in closet in a closed drawer, in my makeup desk. I always make sure the lids are on tight.. but it may just be a matter of them getting old? I guess I have had a couple of them since launch
winks.gif

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
How long should they last before drying out? Mine are all starting to dry out and I keep them in my walk-in closet in a closed drawer, in my makeup desk. I always make sure the lids are on tight.. but it may just be a matter of them getting old? I guess I have had a couple of them since launch
winks.gif

I still think this is messed up! Why should customers be expected to use a single product up at break neck speed? Paint pots need to have a decent, reasonable shelf life, like any other product. I personally haven't experienced one drying out (yet). I'm betting that my Rubenesque will dry out first, though, since it was drier from the time I bought it than any of my others.

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
I still think this is messed up! Why should customers be expected to use a single product up at break neck speed? Paint pots need to have a decent, reasonable shelf life, like any other product. I personally haven't experienced one drying out (yet). I'm betting that my Rubenesque will dry out first, though, since it was drier from the time I bought it than any of my others.

I got a sample of Rubenesque and it dried out within two weeks. I thought it was just because it was in a sample jar.. but if the solution is to put it into a sample jar, then I think the formula needs some re-work!

slipnslide

Maybe they should make Paint Pots smaller and a little less expensive! That way they won't dry out and will still last like a year.

L1LMAMAJ

my painterly p/p is drying up a little bit. i use that color the most. there is pretty much a tiny centimeter with no product along the edges.

bwella

I just got Constructivist and I think it's really dry! Is it just mine? I have read that it should be as creamy as Rubenesque, but it nothing like it :(

shescoolie

I always felt like the pain pots were a little dry off bat. You can try adding a little makeup remover oil (I use the one from Julep) and it will loosen it up without ruining the product.

mango13

I just got Constructivist and I think it's really dry! Is it just mine? I have read that it should be as creamy as Rubenesque, but it nothing like it :(
I bought mine last December and it's still very creamy. You should exchange it if you can.

Latest posts