"Dying" to watch Dexter! *may contain spoilers*

mjalomo

Is anyone else watching this show?
lol.gif
I love it, but I'm afraid to buy the book version and ruin my fun.

CincyFan

I only watched the first episode but I really liked it. I've been Tivo-ing the rest of them and burning them on DVD. I'm planning to do a marathon some weekend this winter when the snow and cold turn me into a shut-in.
greengrin.gif

Lexxiii

"Dying" to watch Dexter!

No, not Dexter's Laboratory. I'm talking about the Showtime show about the serial killer. xD Anyone else completely obsessive about it? We don't have cable so we watch it on regular TV, but we're a season behind Showtime. We rented half of the second season and watched it all in one night.

It's so in-depth but easy to follow, the characters are fantastic and it's such an interesting thing to talk about because it's almost a moral dilemma!

fafinette21

Re: Dexter

Um love it! And Dex is a hottie.

But don't tell me anything! I'm only half way through the second season.

revinn

I love Dexter!! I've only seen the first season, but I plan on picking up the second one soon. I thought I was weird for identifying with him, but apparently a lot of my friends feel the same way.

laperle

What do you girls think about these rumours regarding Michael C. dating Jennifer Carpenter??

snowflakelashes

I absolutely heart Dexter. I know, but its that whole wierd dark-hero thing going on with him. I think its the same reason you could cheer for a mobster in The Soprano's etc. They make the character human, i'm sure you're suppose to relate to them. I do have issue watching any of the killing scenes, i'm squemish like that and just cover my eyes until they're over.

Lexxiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafinette21
Um love it! And Dex is a hottie.

But don't tell me anything! I'm only half way through the second season.

Hehe, we're at the same stage of the story then.
smiles.gif
I thought there were only two discs so when I saw the end of the last one I was like... "WHAT?!" but there were two more to go, lol.

Lexxiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by laperle
What do you girls think about these rumours regarding Michael C. dating Jennifer Carpenter??

Terribly, Michael C. is MINE dammit!

vividdreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieann07
It's the only reason I keep my sub. to showtime

Ditto that! Well, and Weeds. And Californication. And The L Word.

If it weren't for their series shows, I wouldn't have Showtime.

silverblackened

After I saw the first episode, I refused to watch any more until I got my hands on ALL the rest of the first and second seasons, because I knew I wouldn't be able to stand being made to wait to see what happens next, LOL. I think I finished both seasons in like, a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laperle

Am I the only person who thinks that she is distinctly not-hot?
th_dunno.gif

chocolategoddes

HAAHAHA! Dexter's Laboratory! I loved that show and all those other Cartoon Network shows:
Powerpuff Girls
Cow and Chicken
that Baboon and Weasel show
Johnny Bravo (etc.)

I don't watch the other Dexter, though.
ssad.gif

laperle

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblackened
Am I the only person who thinks that she is distinctly not-hot?
th_dunno.gif

I like her and think she's very pretty in a non-conventional way.

Plus, she was dating the actor who played Rudy (I love his voice) before Michael C.

Lucky girl!

Nadeshda

I absolutely LOVE Dexter! My bf and I are countdowning for the season premiere... although other people think I'm nuts for liking a show about a serial killer lol

There's a trailer for the 3rd season going on youtube, I'm going to leave the link here
winks.gif

YouTube - Dexter: Season 3 Trailer

I also love Rita's character, she's so pure and naive, but at the same time, strong it's impossible not to like her. Lila (the british chick from the 2nd season), though, I just couldn't stand her! I kept cussing and insulting her whenever she popped out! LOL And Debra, she's just adorable!

laperle

The first episode of season 3 leaked in the internet. It's the pre-screening to the press.