"Dying" to watch Dexter! *may contain spoilers*

VintageAqua

"Dying" to watch Dexter!

Is anyone else watching Showtime's Dexter? I just got into the show a few months back and consumed the first two seasons in a few weeks!

No one else I know has seen the show up to the point I have and I want to gossip with people about the plot line!

The writing, acting, and cinematography are pure genius! Seems like Showtime keeps getting better and better!

Makeup Emporium

Re: "Dying" to watch Dexter!

I LOVE this show. It is one of my favorites! I actually studied forensics and crime scene analysis in University so I am addicted to shows like this.

My hubby gets mad when I start speaking about cast-off, directional spray etc...
yes.gif

Not very ladylike I guess.

VintageAqua

That's wonderful. I've always found forensics terribly interesting so it's great to hear about the accuracy of the show. Seems like Showtime actually has experts on the writing staff!

My bf will watch with me sometimes but even he gets a little unsettled from time to time haha. It could also be my mini-crush on Michael Hall :)

Have you seen Bones? That's also a great one for forensics!

Makeup Emporium

Yep I also watch Bones! I also read the books that Bones is based on; the Kathy Reichs books. She is also a producer on the show.

I tend to watch all the detective and medical/forensic type shows. I was going to become a Forensic Psycholgist (like on Criminal Minds) but the job offers were all in the US. Guess it's a good thing but we don't have anywhere near the number of murders up here but it was not good for my first career choice! I was not a fan of having to leave Canada so I changed careers. Just can't seem to get it out of my blood (no pun intended
winks.gif
).

ghostsinsnow

I love that show
greengrin.gif
! I have only seen the 3rd season so far because my boyfriend was into the show and introduced it to me when he saw I had the new season on demand. But I realllyyy want to see the first two seasons. It's such a great show, I love the whole plot line of it.

achaviva

I adore this show! I whizzed through the first two seasons and now I have wait patiently for a friend to get me the third because we don't get that show on TV/cable here. Must... be... patient...

The third book is awful though, IMHO.

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaconnie80
OMG I looove Dexter!! I cant wait for the new season!!
th_DANCE.gif

same here!! Love, love, love Dexter. We don't have showtime but I could always find the newest show online about an hour after it aired. This show is addictive.

TISH1124

LOVE LOVE Dexter!!!! I walk around singing the theme song...So bad...But I love it

Two people can keep a secret ...if one of them is Dead

kaliraksha

I loooove Dexter. The end of season three kept me up til 8AM because I couldn't stop watching. Can't wait for it to come back! I think it's just so well made... I felt like season 3 was a little less gorey... which is good and bad... only good because sometimes we eat dinner through Dexter and well it can be unappetizing.

VintageAqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
LOVE LOVE Dexter!!!! I walk around singing the theme song...So bad...But I love it

The theme intro is like a piece of art! Love how it can turn mundane activities on their head.

VintageAqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
I loooove Dexter. The end of season three kept me up til 8AM because I couldn't stop watching. Can't wait for it to come back! I think it's just so well made... I felt like season 3 was a little less gorey... which is good and bad... only good because sometimes we eat dinner through Dexter and well it can be unappetizing.

I grew up in a family of nurses so the dinner table was filled with gorey and unappetizing stories so I've become accustomed to it over the years haha. I totally understand what you mean though. My grandmother fainted at the dinner table one time!

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageAqua
I grew up in a family of nurses so the dinner table was filled with gorey and unappetizing stories so I've become accustomed to it over the years haha. I totally understand what you mean though. My grandmother fainted at the dinner table one time!

Haha, that's awesome... at least there was always something to talk about at the dinner table =)

Cinfulgirl

I just started watching the first season this week
a teacher of mine had said she loved this show, and until now watched it

and wow I love this show so far I only need the last episode of the first season but ahh! this show is good!

Boasorte

OH MY GOD, thank GOD fora Dexter thread... I"m a Dexter whore lol... I love Dexter more than Law and Order SVU and Harry Potter!!!!!

Michael C Hall is sexy as hell, and a great actor.

I must admit though, I was sooo happy when Lila in the second season killed Sgt Doakes, and I wanted to CRY when Dexter killed his brother
ssad.gif

I want to start reading the books

tara_hearts

Looooooooove Dexter & michael c hall. The new movie he is in, 'gamer' looks kinda lame but I'm so seeing it bcuz his accent sounds so cute on the previews.

vica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124

i cant stop humming the theme song! lol

....and did you guys know that michael c hall and jennifer carpenter (who plays his sister) are married?! they play a very convincing brother and sis tho haha.. and i think its fun watching her because she was in that movie "white chicks"

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
oh yes I am sooo gonna see "Gamer" because of him
winks.gif

I thought Gamer would be good too...just a warning it was NOT a great movie!!