Early Buzz Regarding MAC Collections/Products Coming in 2011 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckyBenett

rasta.gif

Oh, and I BELIEVE the Fashion Flower collection will have special packaging......

luvlydee

So if fashion flowers has special packaging does that mean surf baby will not because They come out the same month! Or does mac allow two collections with special packaging within the same month??

BeckyBenett

i believe bronzing everyday is in normal black packaging (according to some samples in the "Bronzing Everyday" thread). Perhaps Surf Baby won't be in special packaging after all. And we were all speculating the colours and patterns for Surf Baby (my favourite being a robin egg shell colour).. sad.. but I guess it depends on how cute the packaging for this collection is..

So if fashion flowers has special packaging does that mean surf baby will not because They come out the same month! Or does mac allow two collections with special packaging within the same month??

katred

Specktra Bestie
MAC - Possible Summer/Fall 2011 Collections!

This would be fantastic, there are so many things I wish I had gotten before I was into MAC! I hope they do some awesome eyeshadow repromotes too! I remember on the runway they used Angel blush, and I believe that's an old color, so maybe that's part of the repromotes collection! I think I'd really love if lipsticks like Lightly Ripe, Vivacious, Sweet Thing or Fun and Sexy, and Lollipop Loving returned. And I'd be really excited for repromotes of Parrot, Waternymph, Mancatcher, and Firespot!
My memory isn't perfect, but I believe you're right. Seems to me it would make an exceptionally popular blush, if it's anything like the lipstick.

What I'd really love to see repromoted is Jet:

http://blog.automaticjacket.com/blog5.php/2009/05/29/flashback-a-la-mac-jet-lipstick

It's useful both as an edgy colour on its own (but sheer enough not to look too extreme) and also makes a great layering colour, to add darkness and depth to others. I had it for years, but it eventually wore it to a crayon-scented nub. I have a feeling I'm out of luck on this one, though. I wish I'd picked up a second one, since it was in the perm line for years.

laylalovesmac

^I would love if they repromoted Jet! I had never seen that before today, and now I'm totally drooling.
th_drool.gif
Thanks for the link katred!

LMD84

^I would love if they repromoted Jet! I had never seen that before today, and now I'm totally drooling.
th_drool.gif
Thanks for the link katred!
oh wow! i have never seen this lippie either! i'd totally be interested in jet! great for layering! and if mac did bring lollipop loving back it would make me super happy. i'm on my last one! although i am not sure if it would be classed as old enough?

BeckyBenett

oh wow! i have never seen this lippie either! i'd totally be interested in jet! great for layering! and if mac did bring lollipop loving back it would make me super happy. i'm on my last one! although i am not sure if it would be classed as old enough?
lollipop loving looks so great.. too bad i missed out on it..
cry.gif
lets hope they bring it back..

spunky

i doubt surf baby will be boring black seeing as it's supposed to be the two-part summer badboy collection. maybe we will get two snazzy packaged collections in one month, MAC seem to be shaking things up a bit with all these new products and formulas, why not try adding bright packaging to more collections? the novelty means that us suckers will buy more :p

LMD84

i doubt surf baby will be boring black seeing as it's supposed to be the two-part summer badboy collection. maybe we will get two snazzy packaged collections in one month, MAC seem to be shaking things up a bit with all these new products and formulas, why not try adding bright packaging to more collections? the novelty means that us suckers will buy more :p
lol! this is so true! i try not to let packaging effect me, it's what inside that counts afterall, but sometimes i just cant help it!

LMD84

its my favourite lipstick ever! the green sheen that it has is so unique. and the fact it is a glaze means it feels so good and smooth on the lips!

spunky

if they're doing a repromotes collection, my wishlist would have to be:

Queen's Sin l/s
Black Knight l/s [and jet!!]
Blast O' Blue l/s
Hollywood Nights l/s

Firespot e/s
Top Hat e/s
Amethyst e/s
Night Owl e/s
de Menthe e/s
and a few more from palettes/quads.

Tippy Blush
Shimmersweet Blush
Afterdusk Blush

Lightscapade MSF
New Vegas MSF

sure they're all from the last 5 years or so, but so what! it's a long time to wait for a queen's sin back up!

spunky

same! i keep telling myself not to be lured in, but i want to get something from all the pretty ones - like wonder woman!

rockin

I would love to see Queen's Sin repromoted, as I've seen so many rave about it, and love the swatches I've seen. It's one I'd grab, for sure.

I have quite a list now of older products I'm on the lookout for, so a repromotes collection might be dangerous for my bank account lol

luvlydee

I hope they are both in special packaging... i never bought a summer collection from mac because i just started getting into makeup this year so my first special packaging collection i got was Liberty of London and i only got lippies which i regret now. And mac to the beach colors didnt really interest me all that much so i didnt get anything from there. But i will make sure i get my hands on a couple of things this summer ^_^

OctoberViolet

I would love for Jet to be re-promoted. This was before I really became a MAC addict. I actually started my addiction last year. Jet is a color I've been thinking of it's a blackish-grey to me & though I may not be able to wear it to work. I would definitely wear it on the weekends.

My memory isn't perfect, but I believe you're right. Seems to me it would make an exceptionally popular blush, if it's anything like the lipstick.
What I'd really love to see repromoted is Jet:

http://blog.automaticjacket.com/blog5.php/2009/05/29/flashback-a-la-mac-jet-lipstick

It's useful both as an edgy colour on its own (but sheer enough not to look too extreme) and also makes a great layering colour, to add darkness and depth to others. I had it for years, but it eventually wore it to a crayon-scented nub. I have a feeling I'm out of luck on this one, though. I wish I'd picked up a second one, since it was in the perm line for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.