early early early pregnancy signs??

joey444

Don't worry, try to stay calm. With my first daughter, I took a pregnancy test two days before my period was due and it came out negative. I remember being so bummed that I wasn't pregnant and when my period still hadn't shown like five days later, I took another one and it was positive!!

Girl about town

have you tried the ovulation predictor strips? i got some off ebay and they tell you 24-48 hours before you ovulate, i also tried charting temperatures etc and its pretty accurate, sometimes people can ovulate earlier or later than they think and just pinpointing the exact day makes a difference xx

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
ugh!! i was wrong about my period due date. its actually due the 24th. i took an early test anyway but it was negative :/. im crampy and my boobs hurt but im also nauseous and been that way for a week now. i dont think i am though, im sure its just pms. why would this time be any different. im so mad right now, at the circumstance.... like i wanna cry and scream and hit things, im so frustrated... why us???

th_cheerup.gif
I know it's WAY easier said than done, and I'm sure everyone has told you this already, but try to relax...like I said before, it's less likely to happen for you when you're stressed and aggravated over it not happening.
th_hug.gif
Please don't cry...it may sound trite, but it'll happen for you guys...and when it does, it'll be the right time. We're all here for you to vent and get all the negativity out...and we're all rooting for you and your hubby!
th_kiss.gif

II3rinII

i appreciate all the advice and well wishes. thank you all so much. i started my period today, as scheduled. so i guess its back to the drawing board. its just hard, its been 2 yrs since we had the "lets stop preventing pregnancy and see what happens" talk. he thinks its him and he feels like hes failed me, so even though im sad and want to cry, im being strong for him and trying to make him feel like the man he is. the whole thing... its just very hard...

joey444

=(...My heart goes out to you and your hubby. I know you said that you guys haven't been to a doctor but maybe it's something you could start thinking about. Maybe there isn't bad news at all and you can let go of that stress as well. My co-worker was trying to get pregnant for like three years and when they went to the doctor, turns out her husband's "swimmers" swam too slow, they were lethargic (sounds kinda funny but it's a true story). So they put him on a regiment and they were pregnant within two months. I'm sure everything is fine with you guys and wouldn't you rather just know?

Either way, I wish you both the best because I can only imagine how stressful it is to want something so badly and be let down every month. Relax (both of you), stay positive and it will happen for you when you least expect it. Good luck!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey444
=(...My heart goes out to you and your hubby. I know you said that you guys haven't been to a doctor but maybe it's something you could start thinking about. Maybe there isn't bad news at all and you can let go of that stress as well. My co-worker was trying to get pregnant for like three years and when they went to the doctor, turns out her husband's "swimmers" swam too slow, they were lethargic (sounds kinda funny but it's a true story). So they put him on a regiment and they were pregnant within two months. I'm sure everything is fine with you guys and wouldn't you rather just know?

Either way, I wish you both the best because I can only imagine how stressful it is to want something so badly and be let down every month. Relax (both of you), stay positive and it will happen for you when you least expect it. Good luck!

^^^ Mmmhmmm, what she said! It could be something like slow swimmers, or hell, even something as simple as perhaps you ovulate a week earlier or a week later than you think...either way, though, it's probably not a bad idea for you guys to go to the doctor, at the very least, when they tell you everything's ok with the two of you, it'll be one less thing to worry about, and will probably put you both at ease a little more.
th_hug.gif
GL sweetie.

II3rinII

so an update of sorts;
we've started a hollistic approach with herbs and vitamins. the hub quit drinking alcohol and caffeine and cut down on the junk food (he eats nothing but crap and doesnt gain a pound... typical). hes taking a mens multi-vitamin, vitamin c, vitamin b6, syberian root gingseng, saw palmetto, zinc and hes drinking lots of juice. for me im taking vitamin c, vitamin b6, dong quai, evening primrose oil, red clover, folic acid, and i drink red raspberry leaf herbal tea every day. i took a fertility test that was positive and i should be ovulating on the 10th. ive been taking the ovulation test this week, no LH surge yet, but we've already started sex a thon week 2. so fingers crossed this time it happens for us.

joey444

LOL...have LOTS of fun on your sex-a-thon and I have my fingers (and toes AND eyes!) crossed for you!! I'm positive that it will happen for you guys soon..=)

Girl about town

i would stay away from Rasberry leaf tea if you are hoping to be in early pregnancy soon, as it can cause uterine contractions that are risky for an early pregnancy. I took this in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy to help bring on labour!!!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
i would stay away from Rasberry leaf tea if you are hoping to be in early pregnancy soon, as it can cause uterine contractions that are risky for an early pregnancy. I took this in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy to help bring on labour!!!

LMAO I tried this, and everything else I could think of to bring on labor...I danced 7 minute salsas trying to get my kid out...and the little bugger still hung on...he didn't make his grand entrance until the day after he was due. ...I guess he wanted to REALLY make a grand entrance, and keep everyone waiting. Maybe he'll be some kind of musician or actor or something. Hehehe

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town

oh yeah i know, basically im drinking it until i ovulate, then i stop all the vitamins and herbs, because they too can be harmful if we do conceive. if my period comes again, and im not preggo, i start them back up. now im thinking my calculations were off. ive been tracking my period since dec and keeping a log of them. my period is not a 28 day cycle its actually a 32 day cycle. going by that it would make the 16th day my ovulation, meaning this month, today (the 10th) i should ovulate, but i took one of those ovu test this morning and there was no LH surge, so now im worried ive been miscalculating this whole time and we may have missed our window. plus our schedules are so so different, and unfortunatly we havent had much nekki time this week
ssad.gif

Girl about town

apparently its a common reason for not conceiving missing the fertility window, i did those ovulation sticks and got an LH surge 4 days before i even thought i was going to ovulate,which was surprising and i have a 28 day cycle.
Fingers crossed for you xxx sending you baby dust!!!

ForgetRegret

^^^ It'll definitely be annoying if you were calculating wrong, I'm sure you'll be frustrated, but like you said, at least you'll know that miscalculations were probably your issue! I got my fingers and toes crossed for you!

II3rinII

so just another update, my ovy date was around the 10th or so, after which i quit taking the herbs because they could be dangerous. since friday the 17th my tatas have been on fire. now usually boobs get soar a few days before my period, but my period isnt due until the 26th, and this tenderness is really severe. its the sides and around the nipple that are the most soar. i really hope im not looking to much into this. i guess it could just be pms, but i never remember it being this bad before. fingers toes and eyeballs crossed!!

joey444

Quote:
so just another update, my ovy date was around the 10th or so, after which i quit taking the herbs because they could be dangerous. since friday the 17th my tatas have been on fire. now usually boobs get soar a few days before my period, but my period isnt due until the 26th, and this tenderness is really severe. its the sides and around the nipple that are the most soar. i really hope im not looking to much into this. i guess it could just be pms, but i never remember it being this bad before. fingers toes and eyeballs crossed!!

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I'm no expert but this symptom sounds VEEERY promising!!

ForgetRegret

Quote:

I agree with joey, this does sound promising...I know my girls huuuuuuuuuuurt like crazy when I was first preggo...it almost felt like someone used them as punching bags. Ow. Good luck hunnie! Lots of baby vibes coming your way!!!

cazgh

Fingers crossed for you!!

My sister couldn't get pregnant and she was so upset about it - it took over her whole life. She started down the route of treatment and reached the top of one waiting list, tried the procedure and when it didnt work she went to the bottom of the next waiting list, for the next procedure. She found it all so hard and frustrating and really couldn't relax about it at all - despite everyone telling her she needed to.

She finally made it onto the IVF waiting list and reached the top, starting the preparation for the drugs and the process and we all went on holiday, went scuba diving, eating Thai curries every night, drinking and when we got back she got a call from the nurse to ask how she was feeling as her latest blood tests were showing she was pregnant...

She didnt believe it and put it down to the drugs she was taking, but did test after test that night and it kept coming back 'pregnant' and over 3 weeks. She arranged a scan and discovered she was 11 weeks gone - almost the whole way through the 1st trimester and needless to say was overjoyed - as were we all.

She found out along the way that she had polycistic ovaries and that this had made her infertile and despite all that I have a beautiful 12 week old niece and my sister is the mom she always wanted to be.

So - don't give up, don't despair too much if you can help it and hopefully - everything will work out in the end!!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazgh
Fingers crossed for you!!

My sister couldn't get pregnant and she was so upset about it - it took over her whole life. She started down the route of treatment and reached the top of one waiting list, tried the procedure and when it didnt work she went to the bottom of the next waiting list, for the next procedure. She found it all so hard and frustrating and really couldn't relax about it at all - despite everyone telling her she needed to.

She finally made it onto the IVF waiting list and reached the top, starting the preparation for the drugs and the process and we all went on holiday, went scuba diving, eating Thai curries every night, drinking and when we got back she got a call from the nurse to ask how she was feeling as her latest blood tests were showing she was pregnant...

She didnt believe it and put it down to the drugs she was taking, but did test after test that night and it kept coming back 'pregnant' and over 3 weeks. She arranged a scan and discovered she was 11 weeks gone - almost the whole way through the 1st trimester and needless to say was overjoyed - as were we all.

She found out along the way that she had polycistic ovaries and that this had made her infertile and despite all that I have a beautiful 12 week old niece and my sister is the mom she always wanted to be.

So - don't give up, don't despair too much if you can help it and hopefully - everything will work out in the end!!

Awww...that story just gives me warm fuzzies all over. I love hearing about women who try and try and try to have a child, and then it happens for them when they least expect it...it's so heart-warming, and you just KNOW those women are going to be great mothers, and appreciate their kids that much more. My best friend's sister-in-law went through the same type of situation, but she unfortunately went through a huge series of miscarriages, and she was on the verge of giving up...but then she got pregnant again, and now she has her "miracle baby"...such a sweet, loving little girl. *sniffle* I'm getting all sappy now...
Caz, congrats to your sister on the birth of her little darling, and congrats to you on becoming an Aunt. 3rin, dear, it'll happen for you...and we've all got our fingers (and anything else we can!) crossed for you that now is the time.
greengrin.gif
heart.gif

Latest posts