eBay's Enhanced Member Reporting - anyone else have it?

rchickos

I got an email way back at the end of May notifying me that my eBay account was selected for Enhanced Member Reporting. Basically, they acknowledged that I have "strong expertise in the area of Health & Beauty" for reporting so many fake MAC auctions. I hadn't been using eBay very frequently at that point and only recently took advantage of the new tool. It's basically the same as regular reporting, only I have options of selecting many, many more auctions at a time, including a special step to select multiple items from the same seller. Makes it a lot easier than clicking on every fake auction! I also have a lot more characters to explain my selections. They say my reports are marked as high priority as well.

I was skeptical about whether or not this would make a difference, so I reported 20+ auctions the other night. The next morning all but one had been removed! I think that's pretty awesome.

At first the email made me laugh because it made me feel like eBay was making me a non-paid employee, lol. But I'm happy that action is being taken sooner on these terrible auctions.

Did anyone else get this email? I haven't seen anything posted about it here or on the LJ communities.

MACATTAK

Yeah, I've been doing it for a couple months now. Most things I report get pulled, but sometimes they don't, which I don't get.

redambition

interesting - sounds like ebay is assembling a mod squad
smiles.gif

rchickos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Yeah, I've been doing it for a couple months now. Most things I report get pulled, but sometimes they don't, which I don't get.

Is it anything in particular that doesn't get pulled, or does it seem random? I did notice that the auctions I reported from international sites didn't get pulled, but all the ones listed on eBay US were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
interesting - sounds like ebay is assembling a mod squad
smiles.gif

Haha, yeah, it does feel that way.
smiles.gif

MACATTAK

It's just random. I only report US listings (since I live in the US, those are the only ones that I browse). It's really weird because I report the same violations, but some won't get pulled.

angi

Just thought I'd bump this to say how useful the enhanced reporting is. I used to report a lot of fake MAC, but it seemed like it never got pulled so I was starting to give up. I got the enhanced member emails, but ignored them for phishing emails.

When I finally realised the emails were also in my ebay inbox I replied to them, they asked me for my specific areas of expertise so they could pay particular attention to these areas when I reported them.

Yesterday I reported every fake MAC palette on ebay uk. Today, they're all gone, so even though ebay might not get rid of everything you report, enhanced reporting does make a lot of difference!

MrsRjizzle

Nothing I ever report gets taken down! Drives me crazy I feel sorry for the saps that get the item and it could have been avoided! glad to know there is some damage control out there now! We appreciatre you!

ticki

wow, that's awesome! yay for looking out for the little people. keep up the good work.

TISH1124

Yes...they also sent me $25 dollars in Paypal bucks to use for any ebay purchases that accepts paypal

Kayteuk

So what does everyone exactly do once they hit the report button.
I go to...

Report this item > Counterfeits and Breach of Copyright > Potential trademark infringment> Other replica or Counterfeit items>

In the description I put "Another fake mac listing, letters on brushes are off center, fake mac logo" Or something like that.

I am just curious what does everyone else put!

TISH1124

Yes I put why it is Fake... and I also may put to check their previous Feedback if there are other complaints of FAKE items...

TISH1124

OMG!!! YUCKKKKKKK

I have found that it is harder for me to have Intl items removed...Most of all the US items I report get removed in a few days...But the Intl never gets removed....What is the deal with that???

BellaItalia1969

BellaItalia1969

e701_1.JPG

Angi,Kate have a look at the above MAC LIQULID EYELINER
I reported last night and now the seller has added another 10 FOR SALE !!!Do these buyers can't see the printing error on the front of this box "LIQULID!??TRIP TO SPECSAVERS IS NEEDED
angry.gif
English is obviously NOT the counterfeiters 1st language !I did report all the others ones you have mentioned too
winkiss.gif

Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner on eBay, also, Eyeliner, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Dec-08 18:38:39 GMT)

mac_addict.gif
<<Genuine MAC ONLY PLEASEEEEEE

angi

Reported the eyeliners!

The wholesale lists have been taken down - but I'm not sure whether ebay were so quick off the mark because it infringes their listing policy.

As for that fake heatherette, that seller had already ended and then restarted the listing once..... I'll be interested to see if she does it again!