eek! I love pigments... but they hate me :(... 2nd FOTD

~Crystal~

Hello!

This is the second time that I've posted a FOTD here... and this time, I tried my hand at using PIGMENTS!

It seems that they hate me
lol.gif

How do you girls handle them?! I made such a mess...
ssad.gif
AND it seems i barely got any colour out of it
ssad.gif

Anyways, here you can see that I've done half my face again- because I had to remove it straight away like last time (especially since I'm meant to be studying for the THREE exams I've got coming up on monday and tuesday! uh oh..)

ec6cf148.jpg

ec6cf146.jpg

Criticism is VERY welcome- someone please tell me how to use pigments lol -___-

Goldenaire pigment was used here, along with Mulch eyeshadow.

UPDATE:

Did what was suggested- here are the results! Full face this time
greengrin.gif

ec5b5758.jpg

ec5b5753.jpg

ec5b5288.jpg

No flash:
ec5b56fc.jpg

~Crystal~

hehe i DID use one
smiles.gif
I tried to use Goldenaire, but it barely shows, does it?
ssad.gif

It was a HUGE mess too- i ended up with glitter all over my face! lol! It was a good thing I hadn't put anything else on my face beforehand- so i went and actually washed my face to remove the glitter before putting a little bit of foundation on that side -.-'
Any way of avoiding this that you girls may know of?
greengrin.gif
(because it really is a pain to have to do that every time I try to use pigments.... especially since they're so damn PRETTY to look at!!!
eyelove.gif
)

Firebabe

You need the primer or a water based stuff MAC has for pigments.
I do have a recommendation
Use a short firm small brush ,not a long one,press down and slide, apply more as needed..!!
I have 29 pigment samples mini's now and I just discovered MAC 3 months ago

mia88

I find that if you pack the colour on the colour shows up more! Also, if you mix them with a bit of cake sealer / water / medium mix you can paint them on! Good blending in your photo tho ! Do the other eye next time
smiles.gif

duch3ss25

you blend well so that's no problem. but i think you need something that will grab the pigment like paint/ccb/shadestick underneath. so put any of this first then pack on the pigment w/ your brush.

also, as mentioned, you might want to try mixing mediums or fix+ and apply the pigment. i personally used water w/ the pigments before i found fix+. i just put a bit of water to make the brush damp then grab the pigment and apply, hth.

btw, you have nice skin & you did good on your fotd. keep it coming!!

ashley_v85

Pack on the color and use a shadestick underneath. Beige-ing is a good one to start with, because you can pair it with anything.
smiles.gif
I get a lot of fall-out too, but I just wipe it away with a makeup wipe.

MacVirgin

i think it looks pretty... i agree with the ladies. Try to damp your brush and paint on the color, next you can apply the same color again but this time dry... shadesticks are love. Good luck!

YvetteJeannine

Besides using a 'base' under the Pigment, you know what I find helps??? I got one of those long-handled sponge-tipped applicators from Sephora (MAC has one too...but why pay over ten dollars when you can pay four at Sephora
winks.gif
)...I use that dipped in juuuuust a lil' bit of Visine or H20 and dip the applicator in the top of the Pigment jar, and kind of pack it on with tapping motions...NOT strokes..if ya know what I mean
winks.gif
I really found this to help with the 'fallout', and it helps the Pigment adhere better
smiles.gif

n_c

no, no, no...I think it looks great...your blending is perfect...I'd suggest just using a base before the pigments and you should be fine...as for fall out use powder below your eyes and just brush it off later...the makeup looks good
smiles.gif

kimmy

oooh i love pigments! Goldenaire is one of my favourites
smiles.gif
try using a shadestick and packing the colour on like Ashley said, that always works for me
winks.gif

i actually like the kind fo washed out look you've got going on here with the eye makeup, it looks fabulous as is!

Kim.

This is really nice. To help with fallout dab a lot of powder under your eyes and do your eye makeup and then wipe it away when you're done.

fairytale22

I like how this turned out, I would only suggest to curl the lashes.
smiles.gif
For pigments, make sure you use a base for them or they will get all over the place. For a cheap but awesome base, try the Wet N Wild Cream shadow in Cafe Latte. Urban Decay Primer potions, MAC Paints, and MAC Shadesticks will also do the job.
smiles.gif
Also, use a brush that isn't too "fluffy" for applying so that pigment won't get everywhere, for example, use the MAC 242 and "press" the pigment into the brush before applying. Hope that helps!

~Crystal~

Thank you for all the suggestions!!
greengrin.gif

I think I definately need to invest in something that will act as a base
lol.gif

Pigments are just so pretty!!
eyelove.gif
It'd be a shame to not use them and just let them sit there in their little sample jars
lol.gif

I'll try what everyone suggested, and post again with the results sometime
greengrin.gif

Thanks again!!
smiles.gif

~LadyLocks~

Looks great! What I do when I use pigments is use Bare Canvas paint as a base then use ccb on top of that to help "grab" the product. I love 242 for piggies like some already mentioned. Patting the product on instread of using stokes also helps with the fallouts. Keep up the good work
th_wink3.gif

natalie75

pigments

I've had better luck since I started pressing my pigments. I think I found the tutorial here, I'll see if I can find it. Very easy! NO fallout.

Luxurious

i love your mu. i think pigments really hate me. i'm sure. actually eyeshadow hates me, too. it's crazy. i really love your mu. the eyes and the lips look great