Enkore's Makeup Brushes

Twinkle_Twinkle

Has anyone else seen or tried these? I am really interested and may order a few of the set in a few days, although I am not sure how useful the eye brushes are actually going to be.

Here's the link to his website: Makeup Brushes

Dayjoy

I ordered only the Skinfinish brush. I ordered on 5/30 and had it on 6/1.
yes.gif
It feels really soft and when I washed it it didn't shed a single hair. I would have used it today but it was still wet--I'll be using it tomorrow and should have an update then. So far I really like it (as much as I can without actually using it!). Have you seen this video?

YouTube - Duo Fiber Brushes: Video Response

Civies

Duo fiber brushes are definitely cool, I love how they look.

But realistically I probably wouldn't invest in any of these until at least I heard some reviews.. I mean I don't want to drop $20+ on a product that I've heard nothing about. But who knows right, I'll definitely keep my eye out for these
smiles.gif

CandiGirl21

How are they able to make money off of youtube like this? Do they call out a brand name or something?

First Laura Luke, Michelle Phan and now him?
I gotta get on this YouTube hustle! LOL

makeup_queen81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiGirl21
How are they able to make money off of youtube like this? Do they call out a brand name or something?

they really don't make money for reviewing products, they just get it free usually.

he is selling his own brushes and brush rolls..

i saw more power to the them..i think its awesome that Lauran luke has her own products out..wish i had my own cosmetic line..lol

Twinkle_Twinkle

^^^ I am definitely not hating on him. He saw a void for makeup brushes of this type and quality and hopped on it. Kudos to him. Anyway I went ahead and ordered the brush set. I added it to my cart yesterday or the day before when it was still priced at $49 even though the sale ended on May 31st and it was still there tonight so I decided to take advantage of it while I still could. I will definitely let you all know how they all work out. I feel a youtube review coming on...

Dayjoy

I used my new Enkore Makeup Duo Fiber Skin Finisher brush today for the first time and I really like it. It is really soft against my face with no scratchiness at all. Even though it feels so light and soft against my skin, it picks up the MSFN and deposits it down on the skin. It seems like the MSF isn't going on, but when you look, it is. I think I used a lot less product and achieved the same finish I got with my 134 as well. There was not a single hair shed on my face.

Visual Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiGirl21

People make money on youtube with the partnership program. YouTube - Partner With YouTube Basically, youtube gives you a portion of the profiits from advertisments on the side and during your video.
smiles.gif
It makes a lot of sense that youtube would do this- it encourages active members and high quality videos. It seperates youtube from all the other video sharing sites out there- they have their own vloggers who are mostly loyal to the site.

------------

These brushes looked really great to me, but as others have said I wanted to see a few reviews before purchasing. Has anyone bought the whole set?

spacegirl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual Edge
People make money on youtube with the partnership program. YouTube - Partner With YouTube Basically, youtube gives you a portion of the profiits from advertisments on the side and during your video.
smiles.gif
It makes a lot of sense that youtube would do this- it encourages active members and high quality videos. It seperates youtube from all the other video sharing sites out there- they have their own vloggers who are mostly loyal to the site.

------------

These brushes looked really great to me, but as others have said I wanted to see a few reviews before purchasing. Has anyone bought the whole set?

some also make money through referrals - if you use a "discount code" or click on a link, they MAY (not always) get a % of the sales.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
------------

I ordered the 4 piece set and they were shipped yesterday so I may have them as soon as tomorrow, Monday at the latest. Yippie! I'll be sure to post a review and maybe make a video.

CandiGirl21

Quote:
smiles.gif

Okay great! I'm glad you told me this...

I mean Koren is a make up artist and he probably did some celebrities up.
So is Lauren Luke..She was interview on BBC and had a spot on t.v.. Which got me to thinking, these ppl already had a foot in the door.

LMD84

lauren had a bbc interview and such because she got famous on yourtube! it was her leona lewis look that made people take notice of her i believe. once the bbc took notice of her she started doing spots on this morning and such. but i think she would have been popular anyway because she seems like such a nice person and very genuine.

once more reviews start coming in for these brushes i'll looking into getting some. the duo shader one seems cool!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I recieved my brushes today! Crazy fast shipping. I think I ordered on Wednesday and my order was shipped on Thursday and it arrived today. I wish all companies shipped priority mail. Anyway, I like the way they look for sure. The Skin Finisher Brush is large and dense for sure. The blush brush is smaller than I though it would be. Not small per say, but smaller than the MAC 129 which is kind of my gold standard for blush brushes. The standout for me is the Pointed Blender Brush. I can't believe how pointed and small it really is! It'll be perfect for blending the crease and I already want another one! Seriously, if he has another sale, I'll probably get another set. The Shader brush is nice, but not as essential as the other 3. Also, mine got a little mis-shappened (I think I made up a word??) during the shipping process (it got a little smushed in the brush sleeve) but it's nothing a washing wont cure. I am going to use them today.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I used a few of the brushes yesterday and today. They are interesting, especially the blush brush because it's more of a flat shape, not rounded like the duo-fiber brushes that we may be used to, so you sweep the powder on, like a face broom and as a result you get a heavier concentration of color because you're using more of the black hairs.

I haven't used the powder brush yet, but I just visually compared it to the MAC 187 and the 187 is just denser with more white fibers, which one of the reasons it's good for liquid products, because it is actually firm and dense. The Enkore powder brush on the other hand is not sparse or anything, it's just not as full of white fibers, but the cool think about this brush is it's shape; the black bristles are shaped just like a normal powder brush (the MAC 150, but less dense than that) and then there are the white fibers, so apply powder differently because it is white fibers are tapered and in the same way that the black fibers are as opposed to the 187 where all of the white fibers are the same length, meet at the same point, and have the same shape. The 187 is basically flat topped, whereas this is not. I would use the Enkore brush for my MSFN or a finishing powder, but I don't/wouldn't ever use my 187 for finishing powder.

And my favorite of the bunch is the Pointed Blender Brush. It's great for blending the small area of the crease or laying down a very concentrated color. I want multiples of this brush and I can't wait to try the other crease brush that'll be released later this month.