Enkore's Makeup Brushes

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegirl2007
so more private label stuff, then?

Isn't it always.

Astro, girl, I knew you'd be up on it. =]

fahzybear

hey! i did a review of the brushes on youtube. my username is fahzybear or just look up enkore makeup brush review

im kinda upset i didn't know about the arolameigh brushes sooner cuz i could have saved about $12 bucks. the one brush i dont really like out of enkore's 4-set is the blush brush. its just too small and flimsy for my taste. i think i am probably using it on the wrong kind of makeup because im sure if I used sumthing that needs a much lighter hand like mineral makeup i would be loving the brush. anyone have input on that? also i feel like the white hairs on the blush brush are SOO short and barely there. it dusnt look like the picture on his website at all.

does anyone know if enkore's brushes are EXACTLY like the aromaleigh ones? ie. same brush different buyers? thanks!! PLS LEMME KNOW WHAT you guys think about everything cuz i feel a bit clueless as to what to do with the blush brush and i guess kind of the face brush. they just seem a bit flimsy for my liking and they were expensive too! i paid $62 for the whole set after tax and shipping.

edit*: ok i thot about it and i guess i dont feel that bad spending extra money cuz well...i love enkore and his makeup videos. he puts so much effort into giving us helpful hints, tutorials, how to make expensive things for cheaper (brush cleaner, etc) that honestly i really don't mind giving him some of my business. its all i can do to thank him!

aeroerin

Okay, bumping this up!

I'm really interested in EnKore's brushes, especially since I missed out on the 131 brush (which I'm still kicking myself for!). Are there any dupes in his line for the 131, or is his Skin Finisher brush a good substitute for the results of the 131?

tyger

I just bought a brush roll, and was considering a duofibre kabuki, but until I hear more reviews I'm just really not willing to buy a brush I can't touch and rub all over my arm first. I'm really hoping that the brush roll will finally be the way I can keep all my brushes put away together, 'cause my three random cases jammed full just really aren't doing it for me anymore.

Anyone try the eye gouache from that site? I'm intrigued, but not entirely convinced that the texture will be as amazing as the blurb wants us to think it is

kariii

wow I'm looking at lauren luke's make up line. Good for her! that's amazing.. I actually do wanna try one of her kits lol

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegirl2007
so more private label stuff, then?

Of course it is - it's not like he's sitting in his kitchen binding these himself.
winks.gif

So, does anyone have a good idea for which supplier these come from? EnKore, Aromaleigh, Morgana Minerals and The She Space have or have had these. I don't think it's Crown. Ideas? I'd rather go directly to the source, if possible.
sneaky.gif

trawler

Hi Guys,
I bought the duo fiber kabuki and baby kabuki set as part of his 2 year anniversary sale deal and have had them for about 2 weeks now. Here's my impression of them as I am sure alot of you want to know whether its worth forking out the money for them.

Both brushes came in a re-usuable clear plastic pouch which were sealed in disposable plastic.

Large Kabuki:
Pretty dense bristles, there is probably more than enough fibre optic (white) hairs there but I compared it to my mac fibre optic, and it is ALOT thicker and definitely not as soft. In fact they are so firm, they didn't give the luxurious feel at all. The black hair didn't look like it was natural bristles either, although they must be as there was a fair bit of initial shedding on these blackies (and if they were synthetic, they wouldn't be shedding, or so much anyway).

After washing to break the brush, there were no further shedding. My brush was sort of dome shaped. I say sort of because for some reason, I can't get the brush to shape properly, I don't think it was well manufactured or the hair was not evenly distributed from the base and it looked like it was squished and the hair just didn't bounce back into shape. Part of the reason I think the hair couldn't bounce is due the the stiffer fibre optic hairs.

Application wise, it does pick up product lightly and so gives a sheer application which you can build up and get that airbrushed look ( I use this exclusively for mineral makeup only). It was only slightly scratchy despite such stiff hair, but defintely not as soft as the MAC 187 or 131 (which I love). If you don't mind it being bit stiff, then it could be worth considering.

Baby duo fiber kabuki:
The hairs (both black and white) on this little thing was less dense the its big brother. Size wise it was almost identical in size to MAC 181 brush o 4.5cm.

Shape wise, it was more a flatter dome than the larger kabuki. The one thing that really annoyed the crap out of me about this brush was that the hair was very unevenly cut. It looked like it was finished by a lawnmower gone nuts! It also suffered from uneven distributed hair at the base, so one side was alot more dense than the other. Again initial shedding but that has stopped since washing twice.

Application wise, again, slightly scratchy so I would not recommed using it to buff your face too much. I use it to apply my mineral makeup and then buff with my MAC182 brush, cos that is so much softer (only prob with the 182 is that it sheds and leaves hair all over my face). The one positive about this brush is that it is small enough and I keep it in its sealable pouch and throw it into my handbag to used on my pressed powders for touch up.

VERDICT:
Highly disappointed with Enkore's Kabuki range. I either had dud brushes or I think its a mistake that such thick fiber optic hairs were used to make these kabuki brushes. They didn't feel soft against the skin at all.

Yes, you do get the air brushed look, but you are sacrificing the luxurious feel of a normal duo fibre brush that one usually gets. If you don't mind that, then definitely consider it in the next sale (I wouldn't buy it full price, esp with the high shipping to Australia).

Will post pictures onces I get the camera batteries charged.

PS. I also ordered his 4 set of false lashes. IMHO, they are not worth the price as they looked very plastic-y and were made in Indonesia (rebranded by himself with his label). I could have bought similar quality ones at the local $2 shops in Australia, so was utterly disappointed by them.

I also bought a set of large (6) brush gaurds and they are pretty good, if you are willing to pay that price for them. I know electrical companies sell similar plastic sheath used to bundle cables together, so maybe look into that as a cheape alternative.

Given this experience, I doubt I would make anymore purchases from Enkore anytime soon.

user79

I would assume most of these new brands of cosmetics and brushes that are sold privately by Youtube people with a few exceptions like Lauren Luke and Michelle Phan who developed their own lines in partnership with companies that provided the capital behind them, most of these things are private label. It is just too expensive for one person to design, develop, manufacture and sell a brand new item without a large capital behind it.

Nothing wrong with that though. That's what these private labels are for. Usually you can't buy "directly from the source" as an end consumer because you have to buy the products in bulk. So unless you want to buy 200 brushes or something at once, you will usually have to buy them from one of the rebranded labels who do a mark up.

Which is actually fair, since additional costs are incurred through packaging, shipping, customer service, returns, etc. The best you can do though is shop around and see which new brand offers the products cheapest.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Usually you can't buy "directly from the source" as an end consumer because you have to buy the products in bulk. So unless you want to buy 200 brushes or something at once, you will usually have to buy them from one of the rebranded labels who do a mark up.

Which is actually fair, since additional costs are incurred through packaging, shipping, customer service, returns, etc. The best you can do though is shop around and see which new brand offers the products cheapest.

I get all of that, but for example Crown does sell directly to customers, and also some of their brushes are available from Coastal scents without a huge markup. So I guess I was after that type of supplier for these.

user79

Yeah, Crown is one of the exceptions. I always tell people to buy at Crown if they want really inexpensive brushes.
smiles.gif