Estee Lauder Warehouse SALE - Markham, Ontario!

StarrySim

This was the worst Sunday ever. I don't usually go Sundays, and after this sale I may start skipping more of them. I'm sure it would've been great if it was my first time, but by now I already have everything I want from the sale, and the stuff I did want was sold out. I just picked up MAC Cleanse Off Oil (had to ask at the returns desk, i think this is the only way), MAC pro eye makeup remover, a box of lashes just for the heck of it, a greasepaint stick and a Lavender Whip lipstick. They forgot to charge me for the lipstick, so I'll consider that my free gift, because the free gift was a sharpener and a Pure White Linen sample (not even a mini, just a vial).

The worst part - I only really went for the charity pack, and they had two different ones:
1. TWO family silver e/s
2. Family silver, box of ugly lashes, sharpener

Needless to say, I walked out without "donating." It may be petty to be bitter, but I am.
ohboy.gif

p3chiu

Oh man that sucks!! how did you know what was in the charity packs before you bought them? Did they have a display?

StarrySim

Oh man that sucks!! how did you know what was in the charity packs before you bought them? Did they have a display?

Yes, they had them on display. Wow, I can just imagine if they didn't have the display and I ended up with 8 MORE family silvers in addition to the one I already have...

goldilocks88

I didn't get to go to the sale, but my friend did and she picked me up a charity bag. I was really nervous after reading about everyone's bags full of brow pencils but was very pleasantly surprised! My charity bag was:

- Taupe Brow Pencil
- Corsette Lipglass (from Antiquitease collection)
- White Gold pigment (in Rodarte packaging)
- Golden Crown eyeshadow (from Tartan Tale! I was so surprised by this one!)

I was so bummed to miss the sale, but the charity bag totally made up for it!

~Zoe~

Hi Ladies!
This was my first time going to the warehouse sale and I loved it! Aside from the $3 increase I bought a lot of great items (mostly pigments & eyeshadows). I went on Saturday and these were the items in my charity bags:

EYES:
MAC Palace Pedigreed Quad (Courtly, Palace Pedigreed, Quite Spoiled, Russian Blue)
MAC Refill Eyeshadow in Texture
MAC Refill Eyeshadow in Orb
Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Brown Metal

LIPS:
MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam Cyndi
MAC Lustreglass in Ornamental
MAC Lipglass in Revealing
MAC Lipglass in A Quiet Roar
Estée Lauder Pure Color Gloss Duo in Brazen Berry and Extravagant Pink

CHEEKS:
MAC Powder Blush in Raizin
MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul
MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden

FACE:
MAC MSF in Medium Dark

Suzye829

Hi Ladies!
This was my first time going to the warehouse sale and I loved it! Aside from the $3 increase I bought a lot of great items (mostly pigments & eyeshadows). I went on Saturday and these were the items in my charity bags:

EYES:
MAC Palace Pedigreed Quad (Courtly, Palace Pedigreed, Quite Spoiled, Russian Blue)

LIPS:

CHEEKS:

FACE:
MAC MSF in Medium Dark
You're kidding us right?! You got all that in your charity bags? Tell us this is just your haul and your charity bag(s) had something else in them. Everyone else got 1-4 items.

Yes that's right ladies, apparently they gave out a Lotion (probably the mineralize one) as a grab bag.

~Zoe~

Quote:
Nope no joke -- those were all items from my charity bags!
smiles.gif
(about 3-4 items in each bag) I wanted to share with everyone what I got because I didn't see a lot of the same items from other posts

StarrySim

Quote:
Hi Ladies!

EYES:

LIPS:

CHEEKS:

FACE:
MAC MSF in Medium Dark

*jaw drops* I have no words.

I seriously don't understand who plans this stuff, and why have they not yet learned to leave at least something for Sunday.

vala

didn't they used to give out all the good charity bags first? Now it seems like at different times, they have different packages!

I went Saturday morning, got there at 7am and was about 20th in line. They changed the layout a little. The powders and MSFs were in the first room, switching places with the nail polish and concealer from the third room. It confused me at first since I was going to go for the MSFs section first :D I didn't make a list, but a lot of what I wanted was there. I think I circled each rooms four times!!!

I got out around 10:30am and ask for 4 charity bags. I got two each of two different packages. The brow pencil (taupe) , lipglass (corsette) and pigment (white gold rodarte) were the same in both while one had an eyeshadow (golden crown) and the other had a blush (eversun), which I already have from the March sale. My free gift was the two sponges and a sharpener :( I kinda wanted the nail polish. oh well

p3chiu

didn't they used to give out all the good charity bags first? Now it seems like at different times, they have different packages!

I went Saturday morning, got there at 7am and was about 20th in line. They changed the layout a little. The powders and MSFs were in the first room, switching places with the nail polish and concealer from the third room. It confused me at first since I was going to go for the MSFs section first :D I didn't make a list, but a lot of what I wanted was there. I think I circled each rooms four times!!!

I got out around 10:30am and ask for 4 charity bags. I got two each of two different packages. The brow pencil (taupe) , lipglass (corsette) and pigment (white gold rodarte) were the same in both while one had an eyeshadow (golden crown) and the other had a blush (eversun), which I already have from the March sale. My free gift was the two sponges and a sharpener :( I kinda wanted the nail polish. oh well
The nail polish would have been better b/c at least you can B2M that. I don't think you can B2M those sponges and sharpeners. haha.. smart move by the MAC/EL team...:p

masaabza

From my experience over the past 7 years or so, the charity bags are always best on Saturday. Friday is a good day to go if you want to see the entire selection of products available at the sale. The way I see it (being positive here) is that no matter what is in your charity bag, it will definitely be worth a lot more than $5, so buy it if you like it, and leave it if you don't. I did not go this Sunday, but my friend did and she got MAC Mineralize All Over Body Lotion and MAC Family Silver MES. So even though there were only two items in this bag, it was still worth it in my opinion. On Saturday I noticed that the items I got in my charity bags were not packaged. In fact the packaging was slightly damaged, marked as samples, scratched, not boxed etc. It seems to me that they probably did not pass the quality test for retail so they had to get rid of them at this sale.

Overall, due to the price hike in everything, I think I will not be buying as much as I usually do at this sale. However, I will go every time I get a chance so that I may grab some charity bags.
yahoo.gif

mmarlbo

Wow, some incredible charity bags here! But you'd really think they'd spread the wealth to make people happy on Sunday as well.

Makeup Emporium

So I hear the dates for the next sale are March 11-13th. I'm a little surprised as it is normally the 1st weekend in March. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for some good prices!

SmashCakes

Yay!

First Mac/Estee Lauder sale of the year coming up!
It will take place March 11th-13th
Still at the Markham Fairground!

SmashCakes

If anyone has an extra pair of tickets for any day I'd really appreciate it! Friend and I have never been so would love the chance to go for once :)

Makeup Emporium

Just to let everyone know the ticket colours this time in case they are hunting for them online. They remind me of Halloween!

Friday - Orange
Saturday - Bright Yellow
Sunday - Green

Good luck!