Estee Lauder

fur4elise

Foundation_Comparison_Mar_16.jpg

The result of my recent foundation trial! Samples of Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra, Clinique Beyond Perfecting and Estee Lauder Double Wear were tested. Ultimately I went with the Double Wear. Full coverage, long wearing, transfer resistant and remained fresh all day, with me only having to minimally blot during what is typically 12- 13 hours of wear. So long wearing I could just refresh everything else and go out for drinks & dinner in the evening, adding another 2-3 hours of wear. :heart: Love it!

Still searching for my HG (I am planning go back & get another sample of the Lancome in hopes we can find a match) but this is a great work day foundation!

Last edited:

awickedshape

TraceyMc

I nabbed the Modern Mercury highlighter off Estee website this morning , they had everything in stock @ 8am , Selfrdges had everything except the highlighter and the red lippie . I thought the eye palette at €84 too much as well as €48 for a single shadow !!! Anyone get anything ?

eepeepburrah

I grabbed the highlighter and the ES palette. Cringed inside at the prices, but worth it. Plus I got a ton of freebies through the EL site.

rockin

I spotted on ebay this morning that someone has the Victoria Beckham Modern Mercury up for £85 plus postage!

Just ordered mine from the EL site, though, expensive though it is, as I missed out on Modern Mercury when it came out before and I've only seen it at silly prices on ebay since.

awickedshape

The palette looks like an easy skip. I got Bitter Clove and Charred Emerald, but now I'm wondering why. Like I don't have enough jewel-toned greens and metallic browns?!? :crazy:

Ain't that the truth?
Getting BC was a knee jerk reaction lol I had to curb the urge

Pixiwoo's swatch of CE was gorgeous.
The bronzer and highlighter look great

Last edited:

boschicka

Ain't that the truth?
Getting BC was a knee jerk reaction lol I had to curb the urge

Pixiwoo's swatch of CE was gorgeous.
The bronzer and highlighter look great

I just really like overpaying for makeup, apparently. :p

I didn't see the Pixiwoo swatches, so I'm excited to hear that!

fur4elise

Truth is I was lusting after the Chilean Sunset lipstick :yumyum: Coz....you know #teambuyallthered...
el_sku_RJK501_558x768_0.jpg
Until I saw the $45 price tag!
:shocked:Uh...no!

Latest posts