Ever gotten wrongly matched?

elektra513

ITA, the in-store lighting totally sucks. I have to go outside after trying on foundation, it'll drive me nuts going back and forth to the store if I don't.
thmbdn.gif

They always want to match me darker, two shades or so. I try to come in with a tank top or v-neck top on so they can see how ridiculous it looks to have an NW 45 face on an NC45-ish body
angry.gif
*sigh* MAC doesn't match me perfectly so I don't even let them try to talk about foundation when I am there. I am always in between two shades for most makeup companies)...Story of my life
th_dunno.gif

LAW0MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
depending on how much is used, take it back and exchange it for the right color.

hey erine1881!!!

i bought it the day fafi came out my nw20 foundation.. does it matter if i waited that long to return it or exchange it?

what i mean is that will they tell me something like i shouldnt have waited that long or the 30 day thing? i've never returned something at mac thats why!

oh and i've only used 1 pump for my whole face!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW0MAN
hey erine1881!!!

i bought it the day fafi came out my nw20 foundation.. does it matter if i waited that long to return it or exchange it?

what i mean is that will they tell me something like i shouldnt have waited that long or the 30 day thing? i've never returned something at mac thats why!

oh and i've only used 1 pump for my whole face!

it depends on where you bought it. was it a store? if so, they have a 30-day policy, and you need the receipt. if you got it at macys, you can exchange it with no prob. not sure of nordies policy tho.

LAW0MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
it depends on where you bought it. was it a store? if so, they have a 30-day policy, and you need the receipt. if you got it at macys, you can exchange it with no prob. not sure of nordies policy tho.

dang, i got it at 3rd street in santa monica... mac .. and the receipt is looong gone.. lol thats why i wanted to get ideas of what i can use it for !

Kuuipo

Yes!!! Thats why I bring a mirror along with me, go outside, take a look, come pack in and pay for my purchases.

nibjet

yes! my first mac purchase, the MA matched me up to NW15, I happily wore it for a MONTH until I was in my boyfriend's car and pulled down the visor mirror to discover that I was an oompa loompa. The lighting in my house is bad, so I really hadn't noticed, plus it was my first foundation ever, so I had no clue what I was doing anyway. I went back and got re-matched to NC15.
smiles.gif

damsel

definitely. i got matched for nw43 when i was obviously warm and not cool. i looked horrible, my skin looked blah and lacked that glow that it normally has.

k.a.t

Well i didn't actually get missmatched, but i was wearing fake tan (this was also my very first time in mac) and the MA matched me to NC40, but i'm actually NC20/25 lol. Anyways the tan soon faded and now i'm left with a foundation i can't use (tht was smart of me..)