Ever had a flat wash-board like stomach ?

Lapis

I used to but not anymore, it was natural and aided by lifting weights, playing volleyball and swimming, plus I walked a lot after I had my first child my body bounced back, then work/play etc, I gained.
Before I had my toddler I did belly dancing that worked pretty good altho I still had a layer of tummy fat.

reesesilverstar

Well the things that worked for me are:

Running
Tae-Bo
Pilates
Free weights

And as soon as my lil bun's done cooking, I'm right back on them with a vengence. I want MILF status, LOL!!!

I bought Belly Dance dvd's too cus I did it in high school, but I didn't find they did anything to help my abs... It was just a fun workout...

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Rapture
So, no sugar, no cheese, no butter, no soda ....

shockt.gif

thud.gif

X4biddenxLustX

I have never ever had a flat stomach a day in my life. Not even when I had a eating disorder and only weighed 75-80 lbs at age 12 1/2. I was skinny every but I still had that layer of I guess what you could call baby fat on my belly. Wasn't that bad but it was still there to me and I just wanted it gone.

Fast forward 6 years, I'm out of shape right now but trying to get more daily activity in my life and then start working out (starting a new job has me worn out!). I doubt I'll have an amazing stomach ever really unless I go under the knife or something. It's just not in my genes either. We (my mom and the females on her side of the family) to have most of our fat around our belly, hips, and thighs area.

purrtykitty

I did once have super flat and defined abs, but it was due to self-deprecation, and in no way healthy.

In college I did have pretty sweet abs, although nowhere as killer as they were a couple years before that. Pilates, yoga and cardio was responsible for those sweet college abs.

obentick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
I have never ever had a flat stomach a day in my life. Not even when I had a eating disorder and only weighed 75-80 lbs at age 12 1/2. I was skinny every but I still had that layer of I guess what you could call baby fat on my belly. Wasn't that bad but it was still there to me and I just wanted it gone.

Fast forward 6 years, I'm out of shape right now but trying to get more daily activity in my life and then start working out (starting a new job has me worn out!). I doubt I'll have an amazing stomach ever really unless I go under the knife or something. It's just not in my genes either. We (my mom and the females on her side of the family) to have most of our fat around our belly, hips, and thighs area.

You know I have the same problem, its like I know its there but others can not notice. Oh well lets love our bodies.

obentick

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
Well the things that worked for me are:

Running
Tae-Bo
Pilates
Free weights

And as soon as my lil bun's done cooking, I'm right back on them with a vengence. I want MILF status, LOL!!!

I bought Belly Dance dvd's too cus I did it in high school, but I didn't find they did anything to help my abs... It was just a fun workout...

You know I love the Tae- Bo and my mission is to own all of the dvds. But so far I love the book camp one.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX

You just have a predisposition to store fat there, but you can control it mostly. If you do want a really flat stomach, it's not impossible, so don't give up if it's what you really want. You'll just have to work harder than some other girls. I have the same thing and it's not impossible for me to have a flat stomach.

obentick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
You just have a predisposition to store fat there, but you can control it mostly. If you do want a really flat stomach, it's not impossible, so don't give up if it's what you really want. You'll just have to work harder than some other girls. I have the same thing and it's not impossible for me to have a flat stomach.

That is true, becuase some days my stomach is in the best shape and flat, and some days I feel like i am bloated and like I am gaining weight but my weight is the same.

Holy Rapture

Honestly, I don't even know if I could ever have a flat stomach ... The time I'd spent gymming, I'd worked really nice and hard ... And everytime I've really lost weight, every part has been pretty okie except you know what
greengrin.gif
My problem areas - boobs too big for my body, the muscles exactly at the back-side of the boobs (that area is weird - lots of fat/ muscle there!) and the stomach. Haven't been able to get these to work with me
cutey.gif

Kayteuk

I blame this topic for not being able to move my stomach without it hurting this morning
graucho.gif

I did some pole dancing last night, running, and pilates...Phew!
yahoo.gif

Paramnesia

I so do not lol... but I'm on anti-depressants which have made me gain about 15kgs.
I'm fairly active though, I do 5 weight classes a week, ride most days and also walk the dogs (which isn't very far for the moment, we just got a puppy so he can only really last 10 minutes). Not to mention I'm completely addicted to the wii fit board.

n_c

Never. I was a teen mom. Before I had my child i was not into exercising so no. I do however have excess skin and stretchmarks...so pretty
ssad.gif

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
I so do not lol... but I'm on anti-depressants which have made me gain about 15kgs.
I'm fairly active though, I do 5 weight classes a week, ride most days and also walk the dogs (which isn't very far for the moment, we just got a puppy so he can only really last 10 minutes). Not to mention I'm completely addicted to the wii fit board.

lol hoola hooping the abs into shape, lol
love me wii fit, hate the sound it makes when I step on hooooooooooo

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia

OMG me too....I got a wii fit board for Christmas and I love Pilates on that thing!!!

GlitterGeet

Oh my goodness, I never have because I've always been on the heavier side BUT since end of October I've currently dropped 30 lbs.
th_DANCE.gif

All due to the right way to eat and working out like there is NO tomorrow. I just decided that I wanted to change myself for health concerns etc.
So I actually don't do basic crunches at all and I haven't done them ONCE during this change. It's partly due to the fact that they won't benefit me at this point.

I have to work HARD on them. I LOVE using the exercise ball for multiple tummy exercises. Well I love and HATE them. I mean they are a solid workout and you really feel these exercises and it's not much fun in the beginning because of the sore factor but now I strive for that soreness because I KNOW it's working.

My Ileum body fat measurement (the portion above the hip bone) went from 55 to 25 so far!!!! =)
yahoo.gif

Here are some of the core exercises that I do.

Jackknife with ball
Kneeling roll out with ball
Modified plank
Ball curl
Oblique crunches (but ON the ball!)

I say some because I can't remember what the other ones are called lol
nope.gif

These are awesome to do and you can do them at home as well! I'll figure out what the other exercises are called if your curious to know them. =)

I WILL have a fit healthy body! (one daaayyyyyy fo shooo) lol

Kayteuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterGeet
Oh my goodness, I never have because I've always been on the heavier side BUT since end of October I've currently dropped 30 lbs.
th_DANCE.gif

All due to the right way to eat and working out like there is NO tomorrow. I just decided that I wanted to change myself for health concerns etc.
So I actually don't do basic crunches at all and I haven't done them ONCE during this change. It's partly due to the fact that they won't benefit me at this point.

I have to work HARD on them. I LOVE using the exercise ball for multiple tummy exercises. Well I love and HATE them. I mean they are a solid workout and you really feel these exercises and it's not much fun in the beginning because of the sore factor but now I strive for that soreness because I KNOW it's working.

My Ileum body fat measurement (the portion above the hip bone) went from 55 to 25 so far!!!! =)
yahoo.gif

Here are some of the core exercises that I do.

Jackknife with ball
Kneeling roll out with ball
Modified plank
Ball curl
Oblique crunches (but ON the ball!)

I say some because I can't remember what the other ones are called lol
nope.gif

These are awesome to do and you can do them at home as well! I'll figure out what the other exercises are called if your curious to know them. =)

I WILL have a fit healthy body! (one daaayyyyyy fo shooo) lol

Wooo go girl!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Anyone on spark people? Need some buddies on there!
greengrin.gif

Holy Rapture

You go GlitterGeet!
th_DANCE.gif
30 pounds gone ??!! Wow! Well, if I lose 30, I'll be malnutritioned
lol.gif
Thankfully, my weight is at a wonderful point and I feel great. The only things I'm looking towards are body toning stuff
yes.gif
That's how maybe my stomach is gonna lose what it has
greengrin.gif

Kayte, what's Spark
th_confused_new.gif