Ever had a flat wash-board like stomach ?

Holy Rapture

Well, I'm 5'4" and weigh 130 pounds right now ... I checked this more than a week back and I feel I've lost more, so, I'll check again
tong.gif
I'm not stressing over losing more though coz I look and feel so much better
yes.gif
How much do you wanna lose based on your stats ?

cupcake_x

Wow, that's great! It's SO much better to feel better then just look aestetically pleasing. I've felt a little bit better, hopefully when I start doing more weights I'll feel better.

I'm 5'1" and was 133 at my heaviest. I'm now about 120 and wouldn't mind losing a few more pounds. My mom was 5'2" and 102 pounds back in the day- I'm pretty jealous!

Holy Rapture

Wow, you're doing pretty good yourself
thmbup.gif
Don't even compare to moms, they were like always WOW
lol.gif
You know, weights really help IMO. Back in my gymming days, I'd lost amazing inches on my triceps and I was mighty pleased
greengrin.gif

Miss QQ

I'm lucky because I'm in my 20s and I'm thin, so my stomach is very flat. After my surgery, I lost weight and never put it back so it remains flat. However, once I have a meal, it will be bloated and takes a while before it goes flat again. I swim leisurely and have a healthy diet. The one tip I personally find useful is to hold in your stomach whenever you walk and sit. This will tone your muscles and improve your posture too. This is how I got my muscles at my stomach (are they called abs). They are just barely visible.
greengrin.gif

Paramnesia

Yeah I'm only 21 and my body recovers quite well so I really enjoy weight training. If I could I'd do it every day I would, I find it really energizes me.

Holy Rapture

I don't recommend weight training everyday
smiles.gif
Esp, if you're not planning on building muscle but, intend to lose weight
yes.gif
Alternately works good enough though
thmbup.gif

Paramnesia

Yeah that's exactly why I don't lol. I'm thinking of starting pilates too. Though had a pretty lazy one today lol.

Kayteuk

I got some protein tablets through the post today, I am only taking 1 a day because...Well...I have seen what they CAN do to you in Med school, but they are okay for a supplement after a muscle work out, in extreme moderation. But I am trying to get most of my protein from food, however I am not much of a meat eater, thank god for fish and veg :).

Also decided to cut out carbs a little, and it seems to have worked.
smiles.gif

I am working so hard on getting a flat tummy for the summer :) Wieee....

Anyone on sparkpeople?! I need buddies on there :-( Im all alone!

cupcake_x

Oh, I thought I'd throw this out there.

I read in Fitness magazine that women who eat nuts compaired to women who don't had a lot less belly fat. Apparently there's some sort of nutrient or what-not in nuts that help lose specifically belly fat. They recommend eating an ounce of nuts a day- that equals to about a handful of almonds.

I've been doing it for a little while (wanted to try it before I posted it on here) and noticed a difference, along with eating well, cardio and exercise. I'm going to continue doing this, I'll let you guys know how it is long term.

Holy Rapture

Am glad for you ... I guess we all somehow end up finding that one weird thing that works for us
thmbup.gif
th_wink3.gif
I drink water as if it's gonna leave earth forever in a second
th_roll1.gif

Shimmer

Point of note:
In order to tighten in and support the area where a woman most usually has her 'pooch', exercises that work the lower transverse abdominal muscles have to be done.
smiles.gif

cupcake_x

I try to drink as much water as I can and I rarely drink soda.

And Shimmer, that's where my pooch is!
ssad.gif
I always try to do lower ab exercises- they're always the hardest.

Holy Rapture

Umm, thanks Jamie, but ... I think I'll have to google "lower transverse abdominal muscles" first ... I'm so bad at this
ssad.gif
tong.gif

Holy Rapture

Oh, okie so that means lower ab ... Gotcha
yes.gif
I don't know Kelly, the doc at my gym had told me water works readily for people with the "easy-fat" ... I drink 5-6 litres of water per day ... How much do you have ?

Kayteuk

So today I did 2 sets, with 20 reps in each of the following:

Squats
Modified Plank
Reverse Crunch
Dumbbell Side Bends
T Stand
Hip Flexor
Calf Raises with Chair
Bicycle Crunches
Crunches
Bridge-Ups
Banana
Modified Side Plank
Back Extension
Lying Leg Curls
Dumbbell Crunches
Airplane Pose
Hip Flexor & Extension
Lying Adduction
Dumbbell Squats
Lying Abduction
Forward Lunges with Dumbbells
Standing Abduction
Standing Adduction
Wide Leg Squats with Dumbbell

Allready starting to feel the burn! And I think some of these are lower body exercises, but if you use the pilates videos, pull in your core while doing these and you will notice a difference.

I think drinking water is one of the best ways to encourage weight loss and help to build up. When it comes to weight loss, water can also help you feel fuller and when you lose water through increased sweating, you need to replace it.

"Most people today drink way too many of their calories from other beverages like soda, juice, flavored coffees and teas, sports drinks, fruit drinks, artificially-sweetened drinks, etc. Drinking 8 cups of plain water a day—in place of, not in addition to—these caloric beverages can help with weight management. Plus, most of these beverages don't offer any health benefits, while water does."

Paramnesia

I went to my body pump class today, was so good. Really got me sweating. Though I'm not losing weight at all, which is kind of annoying me but I know my body, it takes a long time for me to lose weight and hopefully gaining muscle.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
I went to my body pump class today, was so good. Really got me sweating. Though I'm not losing weight at all, which is kind of annoying me but I know my body, it takes a long time for me to lose weight and hopefully gaining muscle.

Weight loss comes mostly from your diet. You could have the best work out day, but if you eat too much, the work out is not going to show on the scale.

Jumping rope is a really good exercise. It's fun and burns tons of calories and it's cheap.