Ever had a flat wash-board like stomach ?

Holy Rapture

Okie, so after blowing major $$$ on a gym membership last year, I realized that gyms are not meant for me
greengrin.gif
But, as of now, I've lost 15 pounds and maintained it well. Infact, am losing more
yes.gif
Thankfully, it's all coz of some sensible things I did.

Anyhow, now the thing is, no matter how much weight I've ever lost, I have never been able to get a flat stomach
crybaby.gif
Why oh why ??!!
cry.gif
While I was at that gym, the instructors were able to help me with all areas except the bust and stomach of course! I've lost weight on the bust and the stomach but, the friggin tummy won't still go in
ssad.gif

For those of you who don't have naturally flat stomachs, how do you manage it ? I mean, how do you make your stomach flat ?

P.S - Ab crunches etc. all done and nothing worked
smiles.gif

TISH1124

I do lots of crunches and leg lifts....My stomach is the only part of me that is consistent..and I have had a kiddo and a c-section

TISH1124

Actually No...sad to say...I just do crunches during the day...I do as many as I can at least 2x a day....not at any certain time...But I do go to the gym religiuosly 3-4x a week and I alternate between spin class and water aerobics....I also do weights 3x a week but I work mostly my arms and back and I do lots of squats and leg lifts...
I used to have a routine...But I bore easily and I just keep doing what works ...and I drink no soda ...soda used to bloat my stomach really bad. But I think alot is genetics too...

These are my abs before I started working out religiously....I don't have a new pic ... I'll have to take one ...But I'm 40 so they may not get much flatter than they have recently gotten

My obliques are my trouble spots

Holy Rapture

OMG
th_drool.gif
Now, that is what I'm talking about!! I'm 24 and my tummy cannot ever be in the same range as yours
crybaby.gif
I think there's something in my genes coz I did a lot of crunches and leg-lifts but, nothing worked except my legs shaping up better
yes.gif
I'll start doing crunches again ... Let's see how it goes though I highly doubt my tummy is gonna listen to me
nonono.gif
lol.gif

TISH1124

Yes it will...Just keep doing them....Your stomach will eventually respond...But make sure you are using the correct form...if you are not then they won't....Have a trainer at the gym verify you are doing them properly...the more you do and the more routine you do them is what works....Also if you have fat around your belly you are gonna need to loose that with exercise and proper diet...If you don't loose the fat you won't see the muscle firming up underneath it.

florabundance

Congrats on your weight loss!
At my heaviest weight (140), I always had a small waist and flat stomach. Now i'm at 120 and the weight i've lost is off of my thighs, butt, boobs. I think it's a matter of individual fat storage and genetics, but i'd say (with my completely unprofessional opinion --where's Shimmer at ?lol) to keep working on it. I think that there are dietary changes you can make, like less sugar.
Good luck
smiles.gif

Holy Rapture

You know, I have an idea Tish .... Why don't you become my instructor ??!!
greengrin.gif
If I even get half near what you have, man, I'd be the happiest person on the planet
yahoo.gif
yes.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Rapture
You know, I have an idea .... Why don't you become my instructor ??!!
greengrin.gif
If I even get half near what you have, man, I'd be the happiest person on the planet
yahoo.gif
yes.gif

Ahhh No...I have to force my own butt up...I used to Train when I was in my mid 20's and that was a long time ago...hell, I can't even remember the basics.....I just remember what worked for me....

I agree ask Jamie (Shimmer) for some pointers she is current and does this daily.....she always gives good advice on fitness

Holy Rapture

Thanks Flora
smiles.gif
I think I need to tell you guys how I lost all the weight first. Okie, so, what was happening at the gym was that I was gaining muscles and not losing weight. My weight shifted from part to part but, didn't actually go! That was horrible plus I got a major backache
ssad.gif
I had to leave ....

Anyhow, I don't have sugar
smiles.gif
None whatsoever ... If I really need some, like maybe for my cereal, I add some sugar-free (zero cal sweetener like Equal etc.) ... So, no sugar, no cheese, no butter, no soda .... I walk whenever I have the chance to ... I dance ... The best part, I drink 5-6 litres of water everyday
greengrin.gif
Yea, all this is easy to do and it works coz it's not like I sacrificed something. This is how it has been always. The only major addition being WATER
thmbup.gif

I'll wait for Jamie to come on ... Let's see what she suggests for my fat-ass fat
th_roll1.gif
lol.gif

TISH1124

^^^ You are doing great!!!! and that is wonderful....Again I think genetics plays a part in certain muscle structure....But I could be wrong....But hopefully you will be able to get on a routine that gives you the results you desire....

Do you have extra skin there from loosing all the weight or is your belly just not firming up?

Holy Rapture

I have extra skin ... Yes ... Plus stretch-marks
ssad.gif
It seems like firm skin just sitting there doing nothing
greengrin.gif
A round stomach
crybaby.gif

TISH1124

Ok Lets ask Shimmer...But with my aunt she lost like 80-100 lbs but she did have to have a tummy tuck in order to get hers firm from that much weight loss...I hope this is not the case for you...But she had tried everything as well...I am not sure when it comes to this....so.... I back peddles out before I give incorrect info....

But just keep working on it...Have you asking a doctor if it could be firmed up by exercise....I went to a PS right after I had my c-section and he said no you do not need a tummy tuck this can be firmed up by exercise...Maybe you should get a professional opinion....most consultations are free..at least they were 6 years ago

Holy Rapture

My height is 5'4" and my weight is 130 pounds as of now (Will check again later). The gym I went to, was a HE kinda place. They had doctor consultations before taking up people. When she checked me, I told her my problem areas. She told me that I have the easy-kinda fat (maybe she coined the term for me
tong.gif
). She said drinking lots of water alone will make you lose all the excess weight (turned out to be true). She said your tummy should go in with crunches and you don't need any procedures.

TISH1124

^^^ Great!!! you just need to find the right exercise then....Thats great news....I had the easy fat too LOL

Latest posts