Face Primer Recommendations? All Brands Welcome!

mizuki~

Re: Darn! I ran out of primer! Any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asela88
this might sound crazy but Ive used monistat chaffing gel and it works great as a primer..I would of never bought it for a primer until i searched it on google and ALOT of people love it..its REALLY cheap like 6 bucks and its supposedly compareable to smashbox photo finish primer. hope that helps :-D

I 4th this! great stuff..

Simply Elegant

If you can't just squeeze it out, cut the packaging open and see if you can scrape up the last bit of it. I did that with one of my foundations.

Lollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
If you can't just squeeze it out, cut the packaging open and see if you can scrape up the last bit of it. I did that with one of my foundations.

I'm afraid that's just the problem... I can't cut the package open because the bottle is made of very hard plastic... I was thinking of breaking it open with a hammer, but I'd like to keep the bottle for Back2MAC.

I hurried to a rather nearby drugstore yesterday evening and got me a Gosh primer. I saw on Makeupalley that a lot of people like this product. I used it this morning and I must say that the application was very smooth; it felt a bit oily and satin-like. I really hope this will give me the same effect as the prep and prime because it's about €7 cheaper. I even got a 30% discount ;-)
Thanks for the help though ladies!

Lollie

Just to let you all know that the Gosh primer has so far succeeded in my test! I applied my make-up this morning (9 hours ago) and still no sign of powder/foundation stuck in the fine lines next to my lips and in my neck, which is always a problem. I guess I'm done with prep and prime! I always had a hard time spending €21 for that primer. It's only 30ml and it's a product I use almost every day. The Gosh one was €16,50 which is more affordable (but still more expensive than my daily moisturizer!).

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asela88
this might sound crazy but Ive used monistat chaffing gel and it works great as a primer..I would of never bought it for a primer until i searched it on google and ALOT of people love it..its REALLY cheap like 6 bucks and its supposedly compareable to smashbox photo finish primer. hope that helps :-D

I 5th this!

PBunnieP

Hi Everyone

I'm on the hunt for a face primer. I usually dont use them because I dont like the feeling of it on my skin...probably all the silicones. It just feels really kinda gross.

I've got combination skin thats prone to breakouts and easily clogged pores, so I feel like I shouldn't put anything extra on my face under foundation but so many of you guys use one that I think I should give it another go.

So far I've used:
QUO face primer [silicone based, kinda like Smashbox Original]
MUFE HD Primer...not loving it...still feels gross under foundation

I've been considering NARS primer but I'd love some suggestions from you all, it doesn't really matter what brand as long as its pretty skin safe [no breakouts!] It doesn't even have to be specifically a face primer, just any skin product that works good as a primer!

Thanks bunches
smiles.gif

mdjmsj

Re: Whats a good face primer? All Brands Welcome!

I just fell in love with Fyrinnae's new Silica Gel Primer-It is like $4 for a big tub of it. It made my foundation go on and look flawless all day. I used to use MUFE'S HD primer and this one is way better and so much cheaper.

urbanD0LL

i use smashbox photo primer light and im liking it so far . you have to put it lightly because the first time i used it i applied a decent amount but it still made my powder foundation come out really light .

anshu7

Monistat anti chafing gel. Its awesome as a primer!

mac4less

yah...monistat chafing gel...great primer...and cheap too..

PBunnieP

v.v I can't get mostat anti-chaffing gel in Canada unfortunately.

miss_bailey

I really hate the silicony feel of some Primers too but I know use the NARS one which feels much more like a light moisturiser and I love it!

It's the white one for refrence, not sure how different the other one is (apart from the SPF)

mac4less

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBunnieP
v.v I can't get mostat anti-chaffing gel in Canada unfortunately.

the shoppers drug mart close to my home has it on clearance for 5.49 or something..original price was 9.99..
ive seen it at walmart too...

if you don't want to go with the chafing gel...at shoppers there is a line called dermaglow...and there primer is really nice..try that one...

Miss Redgal

Recommendations for foundation primer -woc friendly

Im a nc45 mac fluid fix - oily skin

i have the prep and prime series but i was told only to put it on the t=zone, soooo what happens to the rest of the face????

i also have the fix+...not really sure im using it right
th_dunno.gif

ive done it after moisturizer...didnt notice a difference
use it after make up....didnt notice a difference

any recommendations would help
yes.gif

my problem is it just doesnt stick...ie i put concealer under eyes in an hour its already creased and nonexistant

Miss Redgal

Re: Recommendations for foundation primer -woc friendly

Quote:

thank you!
i tried doing a search and got soooo confused with all the information
ssad.gif

Latest posts