Face Primer Recommendations? All Brands Welcome!

Simply Elegant

Re: A good face primer?

Primers are usually just to keep your makeup on longer and make it glide on smoothly and fill in pores and lines but there are tinted ones like green to get rid of redness and ones for sallow skin too. Some of them are supposed to brighten and some make the skin more matte.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley
Not saying that money is an issue for you, but I've found that the older I get, the more annoyed I get about buying products that I end up using only once or twice and they end up sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Woooord.
girl_devil.gif

Selkie

Smashbox' Photo Finish primer makes my skin look and feel really smoothed-out, so my foundation goes on (& looks) super-smooth! Nothing else I've tried yet comes close.

MakeupMusic

I got smashbox photo on Ebay for $20, but the seller doesn't know if she can get it out to me by this friday (ordered it yesterday).

Where do I get monistat chafing gel? It's powder, right? Does it look cakey?

Thank you!

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeupMusic

Where do I get monistat chafing gel? It's powder, right? Does it look cakey?

In the same aisle you'd get your tampons and condoms!
Try looking in drugstores, K-mart, Wal-mart and supermarkets.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Re: **Best Face Primer**

Quote:

And I'd suggest compiling a list of possibles, and then heading off to Makeup Alley and reading reviews. That's what I did and how I ended up with Bare Essentials' Prime Time.

aeroSOUL

MAC prep & prime face all over my face, not eyes or lips. and MAC Matte Cream in my Tzone for oil control!

moonlit

Quote:

Thanks so much for the list.. I tried the search option and ended up with loads of posts.. and was short of time.I couldnt find a sticky for face primers
ssad.gif
anyways thanks for the links
thmbup.gif

moonlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
And I'd suggest compiling a list of possibles, and then heading off to Makeup Alley and reading reviews. That's what I did and how I ended up with Bare Essentials' Prime Time.

Yeah you are right
yes.gif
, I went through all the links suggested by browneyedbaby and found alot of people use monistat and smash box.Very few people said they use prep and prime so am still confused
ssad.gif

*Heads off to Makeup Alley to narrow down the search for a good face primer

Thank U Twinkle_Twinkle

may014

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
smashbox photofinish primer with spf, makes my makeup last forever

i tried smashbox foundation primer spf 15 and light...cant decide which one i should stick with
th_dunno.gif
put half on each side of my face...noticed the spf 15 was a tad bit greasier, and ive got oily skin
ssad.gif
have u tried both??

Renee

Perfekt"s Skin Perfection Gel! pricey but worth every penny!

Latest posts