Fake ebay item

Nikki0211

Can't you report items or report a seller? That really sucks that someones going to get suckered into buying it and be disappointed.

xiahe

"I got an email from someone saying this line may not be from MAC, I own many many MAC shadows and these are the Exact Beautiful, Vibrant Long Lasting Shadows. I do not think a fake would be this Quality! I am not trying to deceive anyone!"

pfft. =/ was there even a shadow called Peacock's Tail? o_O;

divaster

I tried reporting that lady and I guess they don't care. I also messaged her on there and told her they were fake (as if she didn't know, I know, lol) and she wrote back and said " I tried them and they are exactly the same, so what's the difference ". I must be the person she is talking about up there. I hate Ebay scammers.

Are all the name she's using fake? I know she has a Parrot and that's a real name, otherwise in addition to Peacock's Tail she had one listed called Cotton Ball and some other crazy names. Also, she describes Parrot as looking just like a peacock's tail, so I guess that's where she's coming up with her names. What a kook.

SMMY

I just sent her an email in response to her email back to me informing her that I had reported each of her fakes individually to eBay:

"Aren't you responsible for your own listings? If so a quick inquiry to MAC would confirm this. You aren't a victim here, you are victimizing others. Here's a list of people you have sold counterfeit MAC products. Should I contact them and let them know that they have bought counterfeit items from you? I think I should. And I noticed that you haven't cancelled your listings for these yet.
*off to email wassi1107, **muskoka**, lrv714, mornsky, blbo1109, bluemetrogirl and 123havranek to let them know that you defrauded them and that you owe them a refund for these auctions.*"

laurenmo88

an eye shadow called cotton candy? lol this makes me laugh, she's not even smart enough to use REAL mac names!

divaster

I just looked through her ended auctions. The good news is a lot of her stuff hasn't sold. She did have a listing for "Parrot" a few days ago that was at around $36, but I see that's missing, it's not in current or completed. Maybe that one got taken down.

eta: I notice the ones called "cotton ball" are down too. Someone was laughing at the name at MUA so I know I didn't imagine it. lol.

eta again: I guess cotton ball ended and so did the Parrot. She got $51 for it. I don't know if it's real, though it is the only one that had a real MAC name afaik.

SMMY

I am contacting all of her completed auction buyers of these to let them know they've been scammed by her.

Ambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
No, and it says it's labeled Prismique, which isn't blue, it's whitish!

All [or most anyway?] the fake shadows say Prismique in the back, like "Prismique lustre 05", "Prismique lustre 12" etc.

Ada

"Golden Egg", "Mudslide", "Coffee Bean", "Cotton Candy", "Princess Pink" are names of other supposedly "European exclusive" MAC colors.... yeah, riiiiight...

I reported all her fake auctions-- here's the link if anyone else wants to report them too: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html

I'm such an ebay narc. Whenever I see stuff like this, or people selling used makeup, I always report it.

This is totally f'ed up because the seller has so much good feedback, and a history of selling what seem to be authentic MAC items. The sad part is that almost all those auctions have bids, and they're all ending tonight-- so even with us reporting them, I doubt that ebay has people on call on sunday nights to take care of this kind of thing.

Ada

There's a thread somewhere on here that talks about fake vs real MAC stuff with pictures and everything. The big giveaway there (other than the ridiculous color names) is that the selller says they have a pop-up mirror. All MAC shadows, regardless of where they are released, have the same packaging. MAC has never released any shadow pots with mirrors. If you find the fake MAC thread on here you'll see the fake shadows have a pop up mirror and a little applicator that comes with them-- most fakes seem to have that. Another giveaway is when they are described as having color numbers instead of names-- again, the seller will claim that's how MAC released in Europe or Asia or wherever looks-- but we have girls on here from all over the world, and they can tell you that's not true!

ledonatella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada
This is totally f'ed up because the seller has so much good feedback, and a history of selling what seem to be authentic MAC items. The sad part is that almost all those auctions have bids, and they're all ending tonight-- so even with us reporting them, I doubt that ebay has people on call on sunday nights to take care of this kind of thing.

Well, I went and reported her too so maybe if more people do it then they'll do something about it. I don't mind so much used things as long as it's stated that way, but fake things are just illegal. Thanks for the link BTW.

SMMY

I have already heard back from some of her victims. They are going to be getting there money back very soon. I also encouraged them to report her to eBay. And I sent out another email to her:
"Just so you know, I've emailed all of the people I found that you sold these to and let them know that they are fake. I have already heard back from some of them and you will be too, very soon. As far as you not knowing, here's a quote from you to someone else regarding these being fakes: I tried reporting that lady and I guess they don't care. I also messaged her on there and told her they were fake (as if she didn't know, I know, lol) and she wrote back and said " I tried them and they are exactly the same, so what's the difference ". I must be the person she is talking about up there. I hate Ebay scammers.

Seems like you weren't being very honest and still haven't contacted all of the people you sold these to, like you said you were. So glad I could help correct that and let your buyers know so they could get their money back and report you to eBay."

I am not a vindictive b***h. I just hate scammers.

Parishoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada

I'm such an ebay narc. Whenever I see stuff like this, or people selling used makeup, I always report it.

me too, I feel so bad for ppl who buy fakes w/o knowing it esp b/c it's like ooh they have good feedback, it's real.

ledonatella

I wonder if MAC or Estee Lauder couldn't do something, I mean it's misrepresentation of their products. Like send a cease and desist letter or something. Oh, I reported all her other auctions too. Did you notice how all her pics are real out of focus, etc. Probably because if you see them up close you'll know they aren't right!

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmo88
an eye shadow called cotton candy? lol this makes me laugh, she's not even smart enough to use REAL mac names!

Actually, the unfortunate part of it is that she is smart...she knows enough not to use MAC's Trademarked names for her fake stuff (otherwise she'd be liable for suit by Estee Lauder [MAC])...if she makes up her own names, she can at least talk her way out of trouble if she's questioned. What she's doing is sooooo
th_remoteImage-61.gif