Fake ebay item

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
That's bs about filing a non-pay dispute. If both sides agree to mutually cancel for an auction, it doesn't count against the buyer.
I really would feel sorry for her if her main motivation hadn't been greed. Even after she knew she kept defending her right to sell these items. It was only when she got busted and her buyers started contacting her that she was forced to do something. And I'm very skeptical about her "son"s surgery" story. I love how she is still trying to get money out of people in her auction:

"I have spent this whole weekend on the computer writing back and crying. I do not expect anyone to care but I am so sorry. My $600.00 is wasted. If anyone knows an eye surgeon in Southern California my son needs help! [email protected] Please don't anyone write how terrible I am. I have had it all weekend. Not even for Eddy would I cheat people. I still tried to get them an email b4 they won the bid."

And I know from people I've heard back from that she never contacted them after the auction-I did and that is how they found out that they bought a fake MAC. Certainly not from her. What a creepy individual.

i was tryin to quote the surgery bit but it wouldnt let me lol
its v confusing lol and a bit scary ive emailed her askin why she is selling a shadow for $200 wonder what she says
smiles.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
OK, for some reason this username & the New Jersey location are ringing a bell. I've read feedback for someone that had sold maybe some brushes or eyeshadows before that people were mad that it took a long time to get their product which they thought was coming from NJ, and found it actually came from Thailand. That would explain why the description paragraph sounds sort of like a translation in a couple places. I swear there's a seller or sellers that claim to be from NJ but are actually in Thailand selling the fakes.

It's also humorous the part about "I tried to think of the best names I could" type excuse for the color description names....I mean, a legit e/s HAS a name or maybe a number at least, as we've seen on some samples or prototypes, wasn't it?

*Edited to add that I just read through the seller's feedback (the one in NJ). My previous comment was irrevelant. It's still fishy, though!

a914butterfly

i wrote her also amd she wrote me back a nasty email that she stated in her auction that it's fake and she is making up the names for fun. she also said she is selling them to raise money for her son's eye operation and that she hopes that i feel better about my self for writing her and spoiling her son's health (if that's even true) and i emailed her back saying that it didnt state anything like that in her auction and when i clicked to send it, it pops up that she is a fake ebay seller (it asks you to decript some letters and/or numbers, which i know is something that once you type it in and send, it decripts your info and people can hack into your ebay and paypal account cause this happened to me before) and when i sent emails to the bidders on these fake eyeshadows, the same thing happens where it wants you to decript whats in a box. so im assuming that she has other accts and is bidding on her own items to try to get bidders and higher bids.

sindais

Hummm .. this may sound a bit mean ..

but it may be possible she does have a son and he needs surgery ... and her son needs surgery now because he had been playing with her fake mac eyeshadows...

karma.

i dont even buy discounted cosmetics and i prefer to buy LE stuff (cause then i know when it was made). cosmetics and skin care scammers are ALL evil.

Shimmer

she *says* it's real. (I asked her at the "ask seller a question" link.)

This is of course no guarantee.
smiles.gif

SMMY

The prices are so low and there have been a huge number of fake MAC eye shadows sold on the UK. If it were my money, I'd pass.

SMMY

I know, but I would be wary because if it's that cheap, as are her other items, there's a good chance that it is a fake. There have been a lot of fake brushes being sold on eBay right now.

ghostangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
i wrote her also amd she wrote me back a nasty email that she stated in her auction that it's fake and she is making up the names for fun. she also said she is selling them to raise money for her son's eye operation and that she hopes that i feel better about my self for writing her and spoiling her son's health (if that's even true) and i emailed her back saying that it didnt state anything like that in her auction and when i clicked to send it, it pops up that she is a fake ebay seller (it asks you to decript some letters and/or numbers, which i know is something that once you type it in and send, it decripts your info and people can hack into your ebay and paypal account cause this happened to me before) and when i sent emails to the bidders on these fake eyeshadows, the same thing happens where it wants you to decript whats in a box. so im assuming that she has other accts and is bidding on her own items to try to get bidders and higher bids.

I think this post is partially incorrect. There is no pop up telling you that the seller is fake. When you send an email through ebay there is always a number that you have to type in. I have emailed many sellers & bidders & I always get that. She is definately not bidding on her own stuff. I emailed her & a few of her bidders and I got replys. She was not nasty to me, and I really don't think she knew she was selling fakes. There really was a seller named tony_and_julia, and that seller was the subject of a very long thread here on specktra. That seller had serveral "lots" of MAC and its all in the feedback. tony_and_julia sold a lot of MAC fakes, chanel too, & a bunch of fake sunglasses.

ledonatella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostangel
I think this post is partially incorrect. There is no pop up telling you that the seller is fake. When you send an email through ebay there is always a number that you have to type in. I have emailed many sellers & bidders & I always get that. She is definately not bidding on her own stuff. I emailed her & a few of her bidders and I got replys. She was not nasty to me, and I really don't think she knew she was selling fakes. There really was a seller named tony_and_julia, and that seller was the subject of a very long thread here on specktra. That seller had serveral "lots" of MAC and its all in the feedback. tony_and_julia sold a lot of MAC fakes, chanel too, & a bunch of fake sunglasses.

How do you definitly know she's not bidding on her own stuff? She could have a friend or collegue do it. She could have not known what she got herself into with the fakes, et al., but once you've been contacted several times about it wouldn't you bother to research it and make sure you weren't instead of just getting defensive and crying about eye surgery. The money she spent for the "lots" of fake makeup (or wherever they are from) could've gone to help her son instead of taking a huge risk on ebay when she didn't even know for sure what she was even selling then. Regardless, who wants to buy something from someone who isn't familer with their product. She can't claim she knows for sure they are real (as one poster said she emailed to them) and then in the next breath claim to be naive to the whole situation, she's contradicting herself.

as_cute_as_pie

so i emailed her askin why her 'peachy keen' e/s was $200 and got the following reply

"So nobody will buy it. It is a message about fake MAC."

im confused :confused:

a914butterfly

but im sure if someone was stupid enough to buy it for $200.00, im sure she would have took the money real fast!!! and so also had 3 of them listed at that price, i think 1 would have been enough to make her statement if that was really the case.