Fake Mac LIPSTICK??

TheCollector

HI all!

From the things I've read here before, I thought there wasn't really any fake MAC lipsticks out there. Well I think I got one. I'll post pics tomorrow. But the first thing that threw me off was the batch code. It was for a long gone lipstick (or I could be wrong gotta check this), but a new batch code. Then I started looking at it. And I am 99% sure its fake just from having hundreds of real mac lipsticks over the years. The lettering's off. The black plastic casing is thicker? somehow. And the lipstick looks weird. Anyway, does any one know any info on if there are fake lippies (i'm sure there out there somewhere) but is there any info about them??

Thanks, too tired for much tonight, so I'll post more tomorrow.

BellaItalia1969

Hun,there are fake MAC lippies out there
thmbdn.gif
I have seen fake Fafi and HK lippies and normal ones ,the usual give away is that they have numbers instead of the shades names and the one i have seen was different shape , genuine Mac lippies are cut across so they are slightely pointed if you see what i mean.The metal casing on the fake was quite shiny too,the genuine was more like matte silver!Another point i recal that if you look closely the fake Mac lippy ,had like streaks in the actual lippy.While the genuine is made with high quality ingredients so it looked very smooth to the eye.
I haven't got the fake Mac lippy anymore,as it got melted (accidently) and chucked away but i have a really good piccy of my Mac Lippy in Myth...don't wear this no more...was a tad too much like JLo
sneaky.gif
if you want me to post this i will
Hope that helps a bit

TISH1124

I received a fake from a seller on here (don't worry they no longer sell on here) many many months ago...and I measured it against my original MAC lippies and the cylinder was slightly taller than the normal ones...I think I have since trashed it...But I will look to be sure and post it if I have it

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I received a fake from a seller on here (don't worry they no longer sell on here) many many months ago...and I measured it against my original MAC lippies and the cylinder was slightly taller than the normal ones...I think I have since trashed it...But I will look to be sure and post it if I have it

Tish,and Collector slightly off topic but my fake Mac zoom lash was slightely longer than my genuine Mac mascara,don't think the fakers measure the exact size of the genuine article against counterfeit!Post some piccys hun oh the fake Mac lippy i had looked&felt very greasy too
thmbdn.gif
Gawd knows what was in it...probably lots of petroleum jelly yuk..not being disgusting but the texture
blush-anim-cl.gif
reminded me of a lube !!

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Hun,there are fake MAC lippies out there
thmbdn.gif
I have seen fake Fafi and HK lippies and normal ones ,the usual give away is that they have numbers instead of the shades names and the one i have seen was different shape , genuine Mac lippies are cut across so they are slightely pointed if you see what i mean.The metal casing on the fake was quite shiny too,the genuine was more like matte silver!Another point i recal that if you look closely the fake Mac lippy ,had like streaks in the actual lippy.While the genuine is made with high quality ingredients so it looked very smooth to the eye.
I haven't got the fake Mac lippy anymore,as it got melted (accidently) and chucked away but i have a really good piccy of my Mac Lippy in Myth...don't wear this no more...was a tad too much like JLo
sneaky.gif
if you want me to post this i will
Hope that helps a bit

Hey,
winkiss.gif
I know there are fake "bad" ones, with the numbers and all, but this one has all the right names, bar codes, ect... I couldn't get very good pics, but I'll post a couple, and take better ones today.

TheCollector

Ok, here's the pics I got so far

web-141.jpg
web-142.jpg
web-143.jpg

The end where the name label is is "bumpy" and seems deeper than normal lippies. Here is a pic next to a new one I just got from Mac.

web-144.jpg

web-145.jpg

The logo name on the tube seems off also. Lettering is different. There were a lot of shadows, it was hard to get it clear. I will take more today. What do guys think?

panda0410

You are right.... there ARE fake lippies out there that are just like "good" fake pigments... I have a list of colours here somewhere that are floating about with the newest fake lipstick colours on it... I remember being shocked to see Milan Mode on it, but its there and its counterfeit
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
You are right.... there ARE fake lippies out there that are just like "good" fake pigments... I have a list of colours here somewhere that are floating about with the newest fake lipstick colours on it... I remember being shocked to see Milan Mode on it, but its there and its counterfeit
ssad.gif

That is the one I received Milan Mode...and the base looks just like the one on the left it is wider and where the label is yif you run your finger across it it fills rough on the lip...and there is more of a lip on the fake one...I will see if I can get a good picture

TISH1124

Also...if you take the fake cap from the fake lippie and try to put it on the Authentic ones it will not click firmly closed as all the others do no matter how I interchange them...it only clicks closed on the fake one for me

panda0410

Thanks Tish!!!

I also had a fake lippie early last year and the cap was the same as you are saying, it wouldnt clip on to any other authentic lipsticks I had. But the colour range has expanded hugely, I think buying lipsticks off ebay is going to get really dodgey too, and now with news of the propans I think ebay is even too scary for me
wtff.gif

TISH1124

Ebay is off limits for almost any MAC for me....I may grab a thing of wipes here and there
lol.gif
but nothing else...

TheCollector

Oh, I'm so glad you guys responded! I just came on here to post some better pictures of the one I have. And Tish- I think its the same as yours. I haven't tried the lid thing though. I got 2 good pictures of the base.

This pic also shows the difference in the 'M' in the logo on the lid, and the base is more sunk in or something:

web-146.jpg

and another of the base:

web-147.jpg

Panda, were you able to find the list you had of the fake ones floating around? I just had no idea there were also "good" fake lipsticks!! This is crazy! I feel so bad for the people who aren't familiar with Mac who think this crappy stuff is the real thing!

TISH1124

Yeah it SUCKS!! That is the only one I have gotten from Ebay...but I knew it was weird because when I got it I was like the color seems off..it looked more like a frost than a Lustre and not even close to the swatches....so as soon as Eurisocrats came out here I knew it was bad after I compared the colors...the tube still had me fooled...the colors were the only thing that alerted me

TheCollector

The tube on this one is really weird, but not glaring. It was the batch number that first threw me for a loop cause I thought I was getting the La Mode from Madame B (or D'bohemia), and then the logo just didn't seem right.

panda0410

Yep, heres the list. I need to make sure my thanks are passed on properly to the wonderful lady this came from, so if you read this honey, thank-you!!

LIPSTICK
Fresco
Overrich
La Mode
Flowerplay
Charismatic
Entwined
Dubonnet
Milan Mode
Bronze Shimmer
Hue
Brave Red
Crosswires

These lipsticks have the correct tubes and packaging detail, but only numbers on the base, many sellers arent including pics of the bases so beware ~
All the HK
All the Fafi
All Heatherette

TheCollector

Wow, thats great information to have! It seems like I've seen more of those on ebay lately than I thought should be around (like Entwined, which I almost bought too, thank God I didn't). You are the best Panda!! Thank you!

I wonder, what an odd assortment to pick. Why pick those colors??

panda0410

shrugs.gif
I dont know? The Cremesheens are popular, so are the LE special packaging, as for the others, I really couldnt say
shrugs.gif

TISH1124

Yeah the member on here sent me a Wonderful tube of Fresco...But it was trashed so no pictures of that one