Fake Mac LIPSTICK??

Aphrael

Oh gosh, I have Fresco, Overrich AND Dubonnet! I'm going to check them at home to see if they are fakes... I did get them at a cheaper price... so I'm quite wary.. darn! Thanks for the info, ladies!

Nadeshda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Also...if you take the fake cap from the fake lippie and try to put it on the Authentic ones it will not click firmly closed as all the others do no matter how I interchange them...it only clicks closed on the fake one for me

TBH, I'm not too sure if that is a sign of being fake. I've bought lipsticks at MAC on 2 different occasions, one year apart, and I noticed one of the lipsticks I got the second time I went (Sandy B) is different: the casing color is different, it's as if the black itself is duller, but the sparkles are sparklier, it feels lighter and flimsier than the other lippies too. AND yes, it won't close firmly on the others as well. Maybe they changed something in the casings, different manufacturer, maybe?

ETA - ok, I have another lipstick with the weird case - Hug Me. And the sparkles in the casing are duller too, not sparklier like I said before (bad visual memory, can you tell? lol)

Quick rundown on the batch numbers of my lipsticks bought from MAC stores, and dates (I'm not including the ones bought online, just in case):
August 2008
Angel - A17 (normal casing)
Politely Pink - A18 (normal casing)

July 2009
Milan Mode - A18 (normal casing - Milan Mode is perm in Europe, dunno if it has anything to do with it...)
Hug Me - A78 (flimsy casing)
SAndy B - A28 (flimsy casing)

I can take pictures tomorrow, if anyone wants.

Aphrael

Yup, all 3 are fake... the M on the MAC is too squeezed together and they have the excessive "rounding" at the bottom. I bought it from someone I knew.
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeshda
TBH, I'm not too sure if that is a sign of being fake. I've bought lipsticks at MAC on 2 different occasions, one year apart, and I noticed one of the lipsticks I got the second time I went (Sandy B) is different: the casing color is different, it's as if the black itself is duller, but the sparkles are sparklier, it feels lighter and flimsier than the other lippies too. AND yes, it won't close firmly on the others as well. Maybe they changed something in the casings, different manufacturer, maybe?

ETA - ok, I have another lipstick with the weird case - Hug Me. And the sparkles in the casing are duller too, not sparklier like I said before (bad visual memory, can you tell? lol)

Quick rundown on the batch numbers of my lipsticks bought from MAC stores, and dates (I'm not including the ones bought online, just in case):
August 2008
Angel - A17 (normal casing)
Politely Pink - A18 (normal casing)

July 2009
Milan Mode - A18 (normal casing - Milan Mode is perm in Europe, dunno if it has anything to do with it...)
Hug Me - A78 (flimsy casing)
SAndy B - A28 (flimsy casing)

I can take pictures tomorrow, if anyone wants.

Maybe but I have over 200 lipsticks from MAC and they all close firmly except the two fakes...maybe I got lucky then....because I store mine upside down and They are very secure

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrael
Yup, all 3 are fake... the M on the MAC is too squeezed together and they have the excessive "rounding" at the bottom. I bought it from someone I trusted too.
ssad.gif

Ugh, I'm sorry. Is it too late to contact the person? This I think scares me more, because this stuff is going on our MOUTHS!! Did you wear them?

Tish- did you wear the Milan Mode?

I can barely even think about it.
throwup.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Ugh, I'm sorry. Is it too late to contact the person? This I think scares me more, because this stuff is going on our MOUTHS!! Did you wear them?

Tish- did you wear the Milan Mode?

I can barely even think about it.
throwup.gif

No I didn't I swatched it...But I never wore it because it just wasn't swatching pretty it was frosty....then I revisted it months later and realized it just wasn't right and it was too late at that point to file a complaint and I had already left good feedback for the LOOSER

TISH1124

I finally got my lazy butt up and took a few pics of the two Milan Mode l/s

1st let me say the scarey part is the colors are almost dead on.....But the texture feel diffferent

The inner cylinder shows more or is a bit longer when the l/s is rolled all the way up on the fake....

Fake on Left
Authentic on Right (couldn't get a good shot Authentic Lot code is AC8, Fake is A18)
milanmodec.jpg

Fake on Top
Milanmodea.jpg

Fake on left Both rolled up compleletely
milandmodeb.jpg

rockin

Oh dear, I appear to have the fake Milan Mode - not only is it code A18, with dodgy text on the tube and lid, but the plastic inner in mine has also come loose from the main tube. At the same time, I bought Charismatic (A98) which also has the inconsistent writing on the lid and the lids are too loose for my genuine Russian Red or Viva Glams. I notice that the little lumps on the silver part, where the lid clicks into place, are a little bigger and rounder than on the genuine article, and when the tube is closed the silver line around the middle appears flatter than on the real thing. Both of these fakes were bought from beautycounterdirect.co.uk.

Unfortunately my Lovemate AC5 also bears these hallmarks, and I got that one from someone on here. This one appears a little battered on the silver ring around the middle, and has what appears to be a drilled hole in the lower section of the tube, which I took to mean maybe it was intended to be a tester or something. Now I'm convinced it's fake.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

TISH1124

I am not sure about the LOT Code making it fake...That is a Panda no more than me call....

Sometimes a drilled Hole means it was given in Gratis/sample...does not mean it was a fake

rockin

Quote:
I am not sure about the LOT Code making it fake...That is a Panda no more than me call....

Sometimes a drilled Hole means it was given in Gratis/sample...does not mean it was a fake

That's what I assumed at the time, but the lettering on the two sides of the cap are different thicknesses, the gap in the M is different on each side, and the dots/dashes between the letters on each side are different sizes, too.

Unfortunately I can't find my camera, or I'd put up some pictures

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Yep, heres the list. I need to make sure my thanks are passed on properly to the wonderful lady this came from, so if you read this honey, thank-you!!

LIPSTICK
Fresco
Overrich
La Mode
Flowerplay
Charismatic
Entwined
Dubonnet
Milan Mode
Bronze Shimmer
Hue
Brave Red
Crosswires

These lipsticks have the correct tubes and packaging detail, but only numbers on the base, many sellers arent including pics of the bases so beware ~
All the HK
All the Fafi
All Heatherette

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Oh dear, I appear to have the fake Milan Mode - not only is it code A18, with dodgy text on the tube and lid, but the plastic inner in mine has also come loose from the main tube. At the same time, I bought Charismatic (A98) which also has the inconsistent writing on the lid and the lids are too loose for my genuine Russian Red or Viva Glams. I notice that the little lumps on the silver part, where the lid clicks into place, are a little bigger and rounder than on the genuine article, and when the tube is closed the silver line around the middle appears flatter than on the real thing. Both of these fakes were bought from beautycounterdirect.co.uk.

Unfortunately my Lovemate AC5 also bears these hallmarks, and I got that one from someone on here. This one appears a little battered on the silver ring around the middle, and has what appears to be a drilled hole in the lower section of the tube, which I took to mean maybe it was intended to be a tester or something. Now I'm convinced it's fake.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

According to Panda's list, Lovemate was not one that was faked. It sounds like a gradis drill hole, and just a banged up lippie. But can't be sure till we can see some pics. But your other 2, sounds like you're one of us! Oh we're so lucky...

TheCollector

Quote:
I finally got my lazy butt up and took a few pics of the two Milan Mode l/s

1st let me say the scarey part is the colors are almost dead on.....But the texture feel diffferent

Crazy how the color's are almost the same. Sometimes I wonder if someone steals the "formula", and makes their own cheaper. Kinda like generic drugs. I wish we could only know whats in 'em!

TISH1124

Well actually there is a lipstick company that you send them a sample of the lipstick and they will make you one exactly like it...so I am sure they do the same... use a company that matches the colors almost exact...The lab I worked at we used to send out fragrance samples and they would send us what the exact match would be for companies that wanted to knock off other scents like the fragrance in shampoos etc....

TheCollector

I just saw a seller I got a fake pigment from a while ago, is now carrying "La Mode" and a couple others on that list. So they're making the rounds!

LittleMaryJane

Ok, so I received a lipstick from a seller on lj.. A reputable one.. But I'm seriously questioning authenticity. I'm pretty sure it's a fake but I'm pretty new to this mac business and maybe there's just something I don't know..

The questionable one is in the middle.. The tube and writing look different... Then comparing a Cherish I bought from a MAC counter with the questionable Lavender Whip.. Plus "Made in U.S.A."???

fakelippy.jpg

fakelippy2.jpg

The second I opened the envelope and took out the box I was skeptical.
Edited to say that I just thought to smell it and I do smell a difference.

I'm right, right guys? haha ugh..
ssad.gif

LMD84

well i don't have a lavender whip lippie but none of my lippies have a different coloured tube like that... they are all the same. and i have about 30
th_dunno.gif

marusia

I have two Lavender Whips from Markham...Same batch code, look the exact same, made in USA. You're safe.
yes.gif
thmbup.gif