Fake pigments again

elle25

I went into the mac store in Chapel St today and the Silver pigment there had a batch code of A75. How is that possible?? Did they start a new batch or something?

panda0410

It would have been the metal Silver that you saw, not the original Frost. There was a frost version of that pigment (which was utterly beautiful and the clown that decided it should be Dcd needs a reality check!!), but now there is only the metal
ssad.gif

BellaItalia1969

Panda, sorry to be a pain in the butt but would you be able to check for me that my Mac Pigment in Silver is genuine...i got it ages ago in a swap with a workmate who did not like this particular colour but im a bit concerned now reading all the above info you have posted...especially as both of my daughters use this shade
ssad.gif

The shade has AB3 Silver,printed on the silver sticker..
I have tried to take some photos but it is nightime now in UK,and so will post the piccys tomorrow when i will take them in natural daylight.
Thanks a lot and to the Pinkbasset,don't be so harsh on yourself ,i have used Mac brand for ages and yet bought a fake Mac Zoom lash mascara and only realized once it arrived that it was counterfeit
thmbdn.gif
<sigh>lesson well learned

elle25

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
It would have been the metal Silver that you saw, not the original Frost. There was a frost version of that pigment (which was utterly beautiful and the clown that decided it should be Dcd needs a reality check!!), but now there is only the metal
ssad.gif

Ah, that explains it
greengrin.gif
Thanks panda! I was thinking that maybe my Silver wasn't a fake because it looked identical, the sticker on the bottom was even a little foggy. But mine has what I assume would only exist in fakes in that there is a space between the dot and 26. Which is for the weight I think.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Panda, sorry to be a pain in the butt but would you be able to check for me that my Mac Pigment in Silver is genuine...i got it ages ago in a swap with a workmate who did not like this particular colour but im a bit concerned now reading all the above info you have posted...especially as both of my daughters use this shade
ssad.gif

I have tried to take some photos but it is nightime now in UK,and so will post the piccys tomorrow when i will take them in natural daylight.
Thanks a lot and to the Pinkbasset,don't be so harsh on yourself ,i have used Mac brand for ages and yet bought a fake Mac Zoom lash mascara and only realized once it arrived that it was counterfeit
thmbdn.gif

LOL, yes of course
smiles.gif
I actually had a batch of the AB3 Silver frost myself - I'm willing to bet yours is authentic, but I'd still like to see a pic
winks.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
ssad.gif

thmbdn.gif

Thanks, that's very sweet of you! I think the first time somebody realizes he/she has a fake item it comes as a shock. Good thing is I'm not sad about this anymore, I just learned the same lesson so many others have unfortunately learned too.
yes.gif

Latest posts