Father at 13.

Septemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I hate sounding really cold, but this story isn't special beyond the kid looking so young. 13 year olds have been having babies for awhile... It's sad and disturbing, but it's not that unique.

Very true.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
Hahaha I thought someone might <3. I always get told by my friends if I say anything about subjects like this 'you sound so middle class', thats why I said it lol, I don't think I do
ssad.gif
I know my opinion isn't gonna be the same as everyone elses, but from reading articles in newspapers etc, you just get the impression that thats what goes on. Like I said, I don't know for sure how easy it is to gain benefits etc. But, there is the argument that you can earn more by living on benefits than by going to work, I think its called the 'poverty trap'? Something trap anyway. An example of this is a girl I work with who is returning to work on Tuesday after maternity leave and originally she was going to come back full time, or work 4 days or something, but now she's only doing 16 hours a week because she'll gain income benefit, and by doing this she will earn more money than if she was to work 4/5 days a week! Its a difficult thing to discuss really, as like I've said we never know the full story behind why people do what.

I think at the moment the government are cracking down on benefit fraud. There's been an up on television adverts about benefit thieves and how they'll find you etc. On the news a couple of weeks ago there was a report on a man who had claimed he was in a wheelchair and couldn't walk and was claiming disability benefits, then his neighbour filmed him mowing his lawn and climbing on top of his garage!!
th_LMAO.gif

i totally agree with what you say! it does suck sometimes in the uk because the people who actually need help never seem to get it and the people who don't need it get loads of help! heres my personal example - when i was at uni my boyfriend who i lived with (not in student accomodation) was out of work. when he went for an interview on how to claim benefits he was told my student loan was classed as income therefore he couldnt claim anything?! wtf?!?! so for about 2 months while he was out of work we were living on hand outs from my parents, student loan and my 2 day a week job!

plus lots of people who i used to know (when i worked at iceland...shudder!!) would only do 16 hours a week too so the could claim! it completely sucks!!!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
To be honest, I don't really know for sure because obviously I haven't tried lol. I can give you examples I personally know of but I don't know how you actually go about gaining it! Benefits
That website explains some of it.

But, I'm probably gonna get slammed for saying but this is my 'middle class' views and probably my nearly 60 year old parents opinions rubbing off on me haha... I get the impression all you need to do is go to the doctor with a twinge in your back and your signed off sick for a year. I remember there was a scandal around my area about a doctor that everyone would go to because word got round he'd sign you off sick for anything hah. I know not always we don't know the full story behind everything, but theres been SO many times when I've seen cars pull into disabled parking spaces with disabled badges, and they get out of the car fine, walk away fine, and you think, wtf?! Of course there are people who own cars and are not disabled themselves, but the badge is for a member of family/friend etc who they drive around, but they shouldn't be using it without them in the car lol.

One example I have of one situation illustrating how easy it can be to get benefits in the UK is a woman who works for my mum. My mum runs a cleaning contractors company (they clean offices, businesses etc). One of their employees works under 16 hours a week and specifically asked for no more than 16 hours a week as if you work more than that you will lose your benefits (which benefits i don't know... income support i think). Her husband is the same, not working for the same company but same thing, less than 16 hours. Theres no reason for this employee of my mum's not to work more than 16 hours a week as far as she is aware - she isn't disabled etc, as far as my mum is concerned she just is lazy as horrible as that sounds. A couple of months ago, their house got repossesed as they couldn't afford their mortgage payments, which of course isn't a very nice thing to happen at all. They went to the local Borough Council about it and were put to the top of a waiting list for housing as they had children which is fair enough. They now live a 5 bedroom brand new house paying only £100 a month rent of what should be £1200 (the council are paying the rest), when in reality, this employee could go out and get a job and work full time along with her husband so they could have paid their mortgage payments in the first place! I know it sounds an awful thing to say what I just said, but its truth. People who work hard don't get rewarded, but those who don't want to work more than 16 hours a week now live a lovely house in a nice area! ughh does my brain in.

Obviously I'm not saying that everyone is like it as there are obviously individuals and families who genuinely need help and appreciate these benefits, but you read so many stories about not necessarily benefit fraud, but just what appears to be laziness, and it makes you think 'where does my tax money go?'

Quote:
Hahaha I thought someone might <3. I always get told by my friends if I say anything about subjects like this 'you sound so middle class', thats why I said it lol, I don't think I do
ssad.gif
I know my opinion isn't gonna be the same as everyone elses, but from reading articles in newspapers etc, you just get the impression that thats what goes on. Like I said, I don't know for sure how easy it is to gain benefits etc. But, there is the argument that you can earn more by living on benefits than by going to work, I think its called the 'poverty trap'? Something trap anyway. An example of this is a girl I work with who is returning to work on Tuesday after maternity leave and originally she was going to come back full time, or work 4 days or something, but now she's only doing 16 hours a week because she'll gain income benefit, and by doing this she will earn more money than if she was to work 4/5 days a week! Its a difficult thing to discuss really, as like I've said we never know the full story behind why people do what.

I think at the moment the government are cracking down on benefit fraud. There's been an up on television adverts about benefit thieves and how they'll find you etc. On the news a couple of weeks ago there was a report on a man who had claimed he was in a wheelchair and couldn't walk and was claiming disability benefits, then his neighbour filmed him mowing his lawn and climbing on top of his garage!!
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i totally agree with what you say! it does suck sometimes in the uk because the people who actually need help never seem to get it and the people who don't need it get loads of help! heres my personal example - when i was at uni my boyfriend who i lived with (not in student accomodation) was out of work. when he went for an interview on how to claim benefits he was told my student loan was classed as income therefore he couldnt claim anything?! wtf?!?! so for about 2 months while he was out of work we were living on hand outs from my parents, student loan and my 2 day a week job!

plus lots of people who i used to know (when i worked at iceland...shudder!!) would only do 16 hours a week too so the could claim! it completely sucks!!!

It sounds like it's much easier to get benefits in the UK than it is here in the U.S. I took a quick look over the link for info on benefits and it seems like the UK folks have it better and easier over there than here.

Filing for disability/SSI (not sure exactly what its called, sorry lol) from what I heard is a bitch to get here. Most people get denied after they file claims and can hire attorneys to help them. But you have to prove and have like tons of documentation from doctors stating that you can't work because of a disability and that you have tried many treatments but still aren't able to work. It's a very long process too and can take a while.

I was down at the Welfare office downtown in my city in the summer, my family had to refile yearly for Medicaid benefits. I had some serious fears about having my Medicaid being cut because I had just graduated high school, was about to turn 18 in the Fall and didn't have a job yet (still can't find one grrr!). There was a section of the paper I had to fill out that said that Medicaid benefits can not be denied to people who have disabilities. My caseworker asked if anyone in the family had a disability and I mentioned to her that I had been disagnosed with depression and anxiety but not currently seeing a doctor. She even went on to recommend that I receive treatment just to get disability benefits. I'm currently getting help and seeing a therapist NOT for disability benefits (I didn't even apply) but because I had a lot of issues going on and couldn't deal with it.

Not to sound selfish but I'm choosing to not work full time when I do get a job but to just work part time (20 hours) in order for my Medicaid to not be cut. I'm again worried that the extra income I make may just be that enough to put us over the limit. My family and I truly cannot go without medical insurance right now because were such a sickly bunch lol. We definitely don't make enough to cover the endless cycle of doctor visits, tests, procedures and medications.

I've been in contact with a work agency and hopefully something will come up and I'll finally have a job. But if not, I may have to file for some kind of other temporary benefits to help pay for my share of living. I rather not have to deal with all of that and just make my own damn money without feeling guilty or unproductive.

I think it's a good thing that they are cutting down on frauds. Frauds just drain the money that could be spent on people who actually need benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Did you guys hear the updates? Apparently... two other young boys, 16 and 14, are coming forward and saying that they slept over at the girls house and slept with her. So now, little Alffie, has to take a paternity test - you couldn't even make this stuff up...

Where were this girls parents?

Perez Hilton: A 15-Year-Old Slut Who Is NOT Miley Cyrus!

I read another article that was about the same thing. Yep, where were the parents?
nonono.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyWellRight
That couple has nothing on this.

I've read about that case before. It's actually really sad and disturbing because she was raped. The girl was only 5 years old during the birth of the baby! Ugh...don't get me started on child molesters/rapists!

kimmy

i didn't even know boys could like...get it up at twelve. i obviously should have paid more attention in family life studies haha!

so many people these days are seeing kids as accessories and that's really disturbing to me. almost all of the girls i went to high school with are either expecting or already have kids...but very few of them actually have jobs or ambition, they just like to say "i'm a mommy!"

Septemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i didn't even know boys could like...get it up at twelve. i obviously should have paid more attention in family life studies haha!

so many people these days are seeing kids as accessories and that's really disturbing to me. almost all of the girls i went to high school with are either expecting or already have kids...but very few of them actually have jobs or ambition, they just like to say "i'm a mommy!"

I know, isn't it a weird feeling when girls we were hanging out with as kids/early teens are all of a sudden mothers?

I've been checking The Sun for results of the DNA test, I hate myself.
lol.gif

kristina ftw!

I didn't read the whole thread yet, but ... His voice hasn't even cracked yet, and he impregnated her? I'm thinking a paternity test is in order here ...
ETA: Ah, I guess they are way ahead of me.
smiles.gif

SolarWhite

You know, there are way worse things going on in the world. Children are very special, beautiful gifts. Thirteen isn't the ideal time, but life doesn't always work out ideally. I am glad this baby wasn't aborted and is going to be very loved.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
I know, isn't it a weird feeling when girls we were hanging out with as kids/early teens are all of a sudden mothers?

I've been checking The Sun for results of the DNA test, I hate myself.
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristina ftw!
I didn't read the whole thread yet, but ... His voice hasn't even cracked yet, and he impregnated her? I'm thinking a paternity test is in order here ...
ETA: Ah, I guess they are way ahead of me.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrao
not to be mean but i just keep picturing the boy and girl skrewing eachother.

Is there any news on the paternity test yet??? I'm like dying to know...this is much more suspenseful than an episode of Maury.

I still can't believe he could of gotten her pregnant too! He just looks sooo little! Considering he's 13 now and so is my little brother, that's sort of like my little brother getting some girl pregnant right now. Which would be all too weird to me right now. He doesn't even really like girls yet or know much about sex! lol

blindpassion

He looks to me like he wouldn't be able to ejaculate yet. Usually boys at the brink of puberty like that, don't have the ability to generate sperm and ejaculate. I bet it was an older boy who impregnated her. This story makes me lol, like I said before, you couldn't even make this stuff up.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
He looks to me like he wouldn't be able to ejaculate yet. Usually boys at the brink of puberty like that, don't have the ability to generate sperm and ejaculate. I bet it was an older boy who impregnated her. This story makes me lol, like I said before, you couldn't even make this stuff up.

That's exactly what I thought about little Alfie!! He doesn't seem to even have hit the tip of puberty yet. I feel bad for the poor kid either way, whether or whether not the baby is really his. If it is his, he's just way too young to understand the depth of the whole situation. And if it isn't, well it'll probably be kind of embarrassing since the whole world knows about all of this already. Plus he'll be so heartbroken =[ I seriously feel bad for these kids.

SparklingWaves

I think the DNA test was a good idea. I know it's physically possible for a boy that age to father a child, but there's the idea he is still shooting some round of blanks too. I am hoping in the back of my mind that he is not.

People don't think as much as a girl that age getting pregnant. It's a bit more commonplace. I knew of at least 10 girls in school that got pregnant at 15 and younger. They either had the kid, gave it up, or had an abortion.

The teen female is very young here as well. The whole situation is twisted. I have images of them playing doctor going too far. ... feeling sickened...

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I think the DNA test was a good idea. I know it's physically possible for a boy that age to father a child, but there's the idea he is still shooting some round of blanks too. I am hoping in the back of my mind that he is not.

People don't think as much as a girl that age getting pregnant. It's a bit more commonplace. I knew of at least 10 girls in school that got pregnant at 15 and younger. They either had the kid, gave it up, or had an abortion.

The teen female is very young here as well. The whole situation is twisted. I have images of them playing doctor going too far. ... feeling sickened...

Yeah girls physically develop much earlier than boys do, which is why it's getting even more common hearing about girls who are like only 10 and 11 getting pregnant. Heck, I got my first period at age 11 and it kind of freaks me out that I could of gotten pregnant at that age if I had been sexually active.

Yep Alfie has a slimmer but still possible chance of being the father compared to the older boys (and who have gone further into puberty and development) who are also claiming that they could be the father of the baby.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
I've been checking The Sun for the results of the test. *cringe*

Do tell us! I'm dying to know even though I'm a bit scared...of the results.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
They haven't published it yet, I'm dying to know too!! I'd think they would do the test pretty quickly and if he was the father then they'd be wanting to get that out to stop the rumours, etc?

This came up in a search which is related somewhat - Unmarried mums having most kids | The Sun |News

Ughh, this is killing me! How long do DNA tests usually take? Yeah, you'd think that they'd want the results asap.

I think that teen pregnancy is on the rise pretty much everywhere these days. I think a part of it does come from the education they are receiving and how easy the access to where they live is for protection, birth control, etc.

My old school district the other day changed their sex education to abstinent only just the other day. Psssh. Yeah that's gonna help, yeah right! They need to make birth control easier for girls to get here and everywhere else.