Favorite Eye shadow Primer

contrabassoon

Re: Eye primers

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy

Bare canvas paint is the best for me personally in making my shadow last the longest ..but it doesn't give me the color payoff in my shadows like vaseline does.

If you wish to have a good colour payoff try patting the eyeshadow on, rather than "brushing" or sweeping it on, especially with shadows that are Veluxe, Matte, Satin, or Velvet.

Moxy

Re: Can anyone rec. a good e/s base/primer?

Have any of you tried Art Deco's Eye shadow base? People say it's not as good as Urban Decay's Potion but... i put it on in the morning and in 15, 16 hours the eyeshadow is still there and looks like it's been applied 10 minutes ago. You can't get any beter than that, at least in my case. And it's not that expensieve either.
smiles.gif

thelilprincess

here's something on primers (UDPP, Artdeco e/s base, and Lumene eye m/u base), mac paints, and WnW eyeshadow....http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._creasing.html

i've never tried primers. I've used Mac Paint in Bamboom but still got e/s creasing. I've used shadesticks - which is fun because it can intensify e/s or change the color a little, too - but again, i still get some creasing. i don't think i have greasy lids, but i do get a little oily there as well as my t zone.

i have someone here who offered to CP me the Artdeco - that article i linked to states that it makes the e/s waterproof! that's kinda cool if i decide to go to the pool or beach and don't want to go "naked face"

Cruzpop

Re: Favorite eye shadow primer

My eyelids get really oily and so my eyeshadow tends to crease like crazy but lately (since I ran out of UDPP ) I use Frostlite fluidline with Beig-ing shadestick on top of that, as a base. My eyeshadow lasts REALLY long.

What I do is:
1. Use a small (clean) fluff eyeshadow brush and grab a little bit of the fluidline and gently pat in on your eyelids and pat more of the fluidline on your crease.

2. Then take your shadestick and gently stroke it over where you over the fluidline.

I use to only use fluidline as a base and I use to apply it with my fingers but I found out the natural, oils in your fingers, kind of 'melts' the fluidline and that's probably why my eyeshadow use to crease.

so by using a brush to apply my base, my eyeshadow really sticks on for a long time. yeah i hope that helps!

s0damnbeautiful

I've used both shadesticks & UDPP and both work very well for me! I wait tables, and my make up still looks great after a 12 or 13 hour day of sweating and smiling at people! haha

xsnowwhite

i really like using revlon eyeglides as a base. It makes my shadows last all day.

lipshock

Going to sound like a broken record here: Urban Decay Primer Potion and MAC shadesticks. I use the PP as a base coat allover my eye area and then a shadestick of a colour that goes with my eyeshadow on the eyelid/slightly in the crease area to intensify the colour.

MisaMayah

Another Vote for Urban Decay Primer Potion!!!
I bought it after reading so many good reviews of it on Specktra..definitely worth it. My eyeshadow usually slips off during the day and disappears especially in the middle of my eyelid but when I used this it stayed on all day =0)

I don't think foundation/powder/concealer alone can do the same.

jilliandanica

i use MAC Paints in Stilife and Base Light regularly and UD Primer Potion on occasion (still skeptical about all the silicones that may possibly break me out). I recently went to a MAC Technique class and we were told that Frostlite fluidline works as an excellent base as well.

Vespcat

Re: Favorite eye shadow primer

Urban Decay Primer Potion is my HG product, my eyeshadow stays vibrant and perfect aaallll day!

PolyphonicLove

I really like diorskin icone.

_5133791.jpg

my apologies for the large image >.>

but I love it. I have in in transparent [001],
and my eyeshadow will last for ages.

I also like Wet n Wild's Mega Eyes Cream Eyeshadow in Champagne Toast.

megaeyes_lrg.jpg

it lasts a REALLY long time,
and its cheap! I got mine for 1.99 at kmart. =D

hth!

hunnybun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary peterson
urban decay primer potion works great

ditto. i guarantee it will make your eye make up budge proof.
thmbup.gif

NaturalSister19

I've been doing some experimenting on myself these days - inspired by all this discussion of eye shadow primer/base.

I tried this today and it has worked like a charm.

>>>I based my eyes with MAC Gloss (after foundation, but before powder as I am a staunch foundation before eyes person). I applied Studio Fix over it then did the e/s.

It has lasted all day, I did my make-up just before 3 this afternoon and I'm posting at nearly 4am and it's still in place, no creases. The color pay-off was incredible! Try it!

type.gif