Favorite Eye shadow Primer

Kuuipo

Re: Favorite eye shadow primer

Urban Decay's is very good,but it tries out my lids and makes them itch. It smells like house paint. L'Oreal's base made my shadows look duller. I use Two Faced First Base on all my shimmer shadows. Not only does the color stay on and not fade or crease,but I don't wind up with dust on my glasses.....Sometimes I use layers of Rimmel crayons with powder shadow atop-especially in the crease and under the eye for a Stevie Nicks look. I also like contrasting creame shadows under powder shadows

lil.white.lie

Maybe I should try UDPP since it's such a HG for so many people, but I'm really pleased with the results I get from Bare Canvas paint and various shadesticks...I spend a lot of time drawing so I guess the feeling of a "pencil" in my hand feels good and natural hehe.
smiles.gif

mzkrizzlerocks

I use Neutrogena soothing eye tints. It works really well but i definately wanna try some urban decay PP. I'll probably get some this weekend while i'm out in the bay area.

aprilprincesse

I use UDPP but seeing as how I'm running low and people have been raving about the new paint pots as bases, I'm going to give that a try next.

xxluverxx

i bought MAC paintpot in 'Painterly' yesterday and it is just awesome, its definately better than the previous paints, does not crease and it brings out your e/s' colors vibrantly, its a musthave. I also use Urban Decay's Primer Potion. For those who have undereye circles and also a darker shade on the eyelid this stuff lighten's up your eyes. It's a light formula and lasts through the day.

TenaE

Have to agree w/everyone on the Urban Decay primer potion and the Mac paints. Can 't wait to try the new paint pots too!

CantAffordMAC

Primer Potion--I don't know how to apply!!!

i know this sounds retarded, but i got the primer potion...probably almost a year ago (wow) and i hardly ever use a primer on my eyes anyways, but i have trouble using this.

the first time i put it on, i let it dry first, which makes me a retard I guess, because my eyeshadow looked the same (no more vibrant...it was like i hadn't put nething on my eyes)

the second time, i applied the primer, and rushed to put the eyeshadow on so the primer wouldn't dry but after i was all done, my shadow wasn't smooth and perfect, it was kind of lumpy looking in certain spots...it looked vibrant but gross, in a way.

i have only used it maybe 3 or 4 times because i'd rather go without it since I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong lol. It shouldnt be THAT hard to use a freakin primer, but in my case it is

help me please lol thanks!

MACATTAK

Re: Primer Potion--I don't know how to apply!!!

You just need a little dab...not too much. I don't know if it helps with making the colors more vibrant, but it's used to prevent creasing & helps your shadows adhere better. Also, wait a minute or so until it drys, don't use it wet.

me_jelly

Dab only a THIN layer on the eyes, then smooth it out with your fingers - I find that this works the best for preventing creasing and helping the colors intensify as much as possible

MiCHiE

I agree with the above posts. I use a tiny amount and rub it in completely.

panda0410

Agreed above from both posters - just use a little bit and dont use it wet. If you use too much you wont be able to blend very well and goes a little chalky, if you use it wet you will get lumpy muddy looking eyeshadow. Use it dry and use less of it is the key
winks.gif

Lollie

Hi Cantaffordmac...I'm glad you posted this question as I've been having the same problem! I guess I just use too much, because applying my e/s is very difficult when I've applied the primer! Pigments are ok, but e/s...

CantAffordMAC

thanks everyone!! now i can finally put that year old primer to good use lol

Doowop

Paint is bad for oily lids?

I was at MAC the other day and I told a BA how shadestick doesn't work for my lids as an eye shadow base as my liner smudges. I asked about paint and she said creamy products don't work on oily lids. Is that true? Because I am interested in buying Sephora's fixing base and it's creamy, will it work for me? What about UDPP which is great for all lids type?

AfricanaEyes

Re: Paint is bad for oily lids?

This is soooo true. When I first purchased my Bamboo paint, I didn't know that it wasn't for oily lids....but it really is. I found better success with Shadesticks though, but if that doesn't work well for you either then the UDPP is definitely the one for you. I keep playing around with different primers and bases and UPDD is the one I always go back to. It just doesn't fail! I've got oily lids and lasts alll day in Florida's humidity.

Hilly

I have oily lids and I prefer paint over shadsticks. But my favorite base has been either vasaline or Two Faced- First base. HTH. UDPP is ok too

thelove4tequila

I have oily lids as well and for the past 4 days I have been experimenting with different bases. 1) Paint 2) Shadestick 3) Fluidliners and 4) UDPP. My results:

Best out of all four was UDPP. After at least 8 hours out and about, my e/s didn't crease or fade in the crease area at all. Color was still vibrant on entire eyelid.

Least best was the Paint! After all day out, it creased. Not as much as if I didn't use a base at all, but it was def noticeable.

Shadesticks and Fluidliners I would give a tie. (Well maybe Shadesticks alittle better than f/l) Niether creased but color did fade near the outer crease of my lid. Not a major fade but it was there none the less. I probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking.

Tomorrow I'm gonna do the Paint Pot and then Liquidlast Liners.

So I would got with UDPP for oily lids, then Shadesticks and or Fluidliners, and lastly Paints.

It sucks because I have a brand new Paint that I don't want to use now. Poo.

**Edit**
Paint Pots creased major on me! Still not as bad as Paints but my e/s faded and had creaseage! (I know that's not a word but I like it. lol) I'm soooo sad because I really like the idea of Paint Pot because there are so many nice colors!

Anywho, not surprisingly Liquidlast Liners didn't crease or fade at all. Even though its not marketed as a e/s base it works well. Kinda tricky/tacky to work with but I like it.

me_jelly

I have extremely oily lids and I actually LOVE paints - e/s never crease when I use it - I've actually heard a lot of people with dryer lids say that Paints dry out their eyelids. UDPP is also good, but I still prefer paints over UDPP (as blending with UDPP is a bit of a hassle).

Taj

I hv oily lids as well, and here are my solutions:
I use powder shadow over shadesticks, and they stay put all day + the colour *pop* as well.
Painterly is so matte and works wonder for the oily eye lids.