Favorite Eye shadow Primer

aziajs

Re: Paint is bad for oily lids?

I have oily lids and I love Paints. They don't crease on me whereas UDPP and Shadesticks do.

makeba

i have tried mac prep and prime for eyes and it did nothing for me. i then tried the paints and absolutely love how my eyeshadows stay in place!!! after long 8hours at work my eyeshadows did not budge!

kblakes

I have oily lids and the only way to get my eye makeup to stay is to use a layer of udpp and then a layer of paint. I can't use just one or the other it won't last the day.

sitasati

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblakes
I have oily lids and the only way to get my eye makeup to stay is to use a layer of udpp and then a layer of paint. I can't use just one or the other it won't last the day.

Really? I tried that the last two days and it did crease..whereas if I do just UDPP my shadow stays in place ..its weird. The paints crease on me..and I have three colors now. I love my artifact, will never part with it. But I guess greenstroke and delft will have to go.
weeping.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I use UDPP and Prime & Prep for eyes as an over all shadow base. If I want to intensify colors, then I'll use a Shadestick, shadow crayon, paint, etc. for that purpose and I don't get creasing.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_jelly
but I still prefer paints over UDPP (as blending with UDPP is a bit of a hassle).

Very true. I always have to use a base shadow shade over UDPP so that I can actually blend my other colors because anything going directly over that primer isn't moving anywhere.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitasati
Really? I tried that the last two days and it did crease..whereas if I do just UDPP my shadow stays in place ..its weird. The paints crease on me..and I have three colors now. I love my artifact, will never part with it. But I guess greenstroke and delft will have to go.
weeping.gif

So you used paint pots and not paints??

Doowop

is it necessary then to have a base eyeshadow over a cream eye product?

kblakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitasati
weeping.gif

I use the paints that are in the tubes. I haven't tried the paint pots yet to know how it works with the udpp.

wahine

Re: Favorite eye shadow primer

I heart ARTDECO Eyeshadow Base. This works better than UDPP for me and is hella cheap at about $7 (in the Philippines).
smiles.gif

Karen_B

I use UDPP or ArtDeco eyeshadow base with paints, shadestick or fluidline on top. My lids are super oily but this makes my e/s stay put.

rouquinne

i have really oily lids and paints work really well for me. i've also never had trouble with using a Shadestick as a base.

the only other thing i use is Benefit Lemon Aid - and i get GREAT staying power with that!

glam8babe

i use bare canvas paint and i have very oily lids - it doesnt crease either

thelove4tequila

Its weird that there's no majority about oily lids and Paints. It works for some of us but not others. :confused: