Favorite Eye shadow Primer

yummy411

Re: Paint is bad for oily lids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
i've noticed that sum ppl who use eye primer also use a base for eg like using udpp as a primer n shadestick beiging as a base??

i'm not sure why someone would use both a primer and udpp, unless they just like the results (some say that udpp makes their shadows more vibrant). however, i would think that a shadestick is used not only to base, but to again make the color of their shadow more vibrant.. just a guess, as i don't need to use multiple bases/primers to make a shadow work/standout for me.

in my experiences with the bases:
1. shadesticks- crease on me. i've used piants to prime then s/s and that works
2. paints- last but dries super fast so i dont use them much
3. paint pots- work pretty good
4. udpp- love it. blends well and the colors come out pretty good

sometime i do use 2 primers just to try it out
ccb- crease on me unless i used prep and primer or something

dollbabybex

i love paints
i have the oiliest skin EVER
and i dance for a living
and after 8 hours of dancing working in a humid club
the paints are still ALWAYS there perfectly

Shadow

I have very oily lids and the BEST primer is by Smashbox. It has an eyelid primer on one end and a lip primer on the other end, which is also great. MAC paints comes in second, and UDPP comes in third. Yes, I actually have all three. I kept trying different products to find the one that works the best.

Lisa J

Re: Favorite eye shadow primer

Canadian girls and boys: can we get UDPP in Canada? If so, where?!

I really want to try it, as I love the new MAC Paint pots, but unfortunately I am finding that they crease on me big time! Has anyone else found that the Paint Pots crease way more than the paints? The paints are really quite good actually.

Polina

Lumene base is excellent, and the tube lasts forever. Too Faced Eyeshadow Base also does a great job for me.

airy-fairy

Ardeco and Urban Decay,
eyeshadow glides on a little easier on Artdeco brush-on-base, but it stays put even longer when I use UDPP

melliquor

I love UDPP. I also am really liking the paint pots right now but I still use my UDPP first.

Keysten

I use BE foundation, and after I put that on, I use a shadestick in Beiging (sp?) and it works wonderfully! I almost bought UDPP the other day but thought it would be pointless since I put foundation on my eyes before applying shadows.

mochajavalatte

I've also heard GREAT things about UDPP, however someone noted it might not be great for drier skin (which is totally me).
I LOVE StillLife MAC paint. I use it almost daily.

Dawl

Hmm.. definitley Urban Decay Primer Potion.

My makeup is a mess without it gahh.

Revlon Cream Eyeshadows are a good primer too.. well kindof, if yur going for something cheap. It promises no creases.. but jea.. it creases.

Keysten

Yea they definately do crease...I remember trying them when they first came out. They gave good color but creased like crazy.

xphoxbex

i used to use mac cream color base, but it didn't really work out on me. but i think i'm going to try UD. and if it helps for u gals, they also have UD at ulta!

Lorelai

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - eyeshadows not only stay vibrant, but there are absolutely no creases present! It goes on smoothly, takes seconds to dry, and blends into my skin quite well. Just remember, a little of this product goes a long way, so be sure not to put too much on.

8)

araisin

I actually like Bobbi long-wear cream shadow in Bone as a base. Works very well. But I'm waiting for my first tube of UDPP to arrive. I can't *wait* to try this stuff. I hope it lives up to all the hoop-la, because I've built it up in my mind so much! But Bobbi's long-wear cream shadows are really very good as bases, IMO.