Favorite Eye shadow Primer

labellavita7

Re: Favorite eye shadow primer

I've only used UD Primer Potion. I got a sample of it in a swap and I think it works pretty well. Though I have read that the full size bottles are oddly shaped so that you can't even use some of the product! The brush can't reach the remaining product because of the way it's shaped. So it does work well, but that's also something to consider.

stefanieeee

Re: Can anyone rec. a good e/s base/primer?

I purchased Wet 'n Wild's concealer stick for $2.. & it works wonderfully. I apply it directly to my eyelid & browbone & then blend with my finger [to make sure I get everything covered]. My shadow doesn't fade, crease & it lasts all day.

I tried L'Oreal's De-Crease but I find that this concealer stick actually works better!

Get it. It's cheap & you will not be disappointed. & if you are, you only wasted two bucks & now have a concealer stick for undereyes or wherever, haha. ♥

aboe

Artdeco Shadow base

II don't know if someone more use it, 'cause in the States it's not so easy to found this brand.
It's the best eye shadow primer I've ever try!!

Here is the Url, if you want to take a look....
http://www.artdeco.de/index.php?id=54&L=1

I hope it helps!!

kyashi

I use mac paint in stilife , i like the extra glimmer & shimmer xD.. but might give bare canvas or bare study a go for my neutral looks ..

is UDPP available in australia ?

NadineSz

Paint Pots (Painterly, Black, Rubenesque)- the best i have ever testet and i tried a lot (also ok are the paints)- i don´t like the prep and prime and the urban decay is too expensive.
thmbdn.gif

erynnj

i have a few favorites..ok first want to say i don t like ud pp, its very sticky and uneven on me, maybe i got a bad batch?? now after using
after using 20,000.
the best are:
1.paula dorf
2.all mac paints.
3.I'm lovin the painterly pots right now and using fluid lines as bases
4.revlon color stay primer (dont know if they make it anymore)
5. Shadesticks.
6. vincent longo concealor.

mello

(should say PAINTpot in title lmao sorry)
I'm going to MAC tomorrow and I don't want to buy all three lol
I was thinking either a shadestick in beige-ing, paintpot in painterly or paint in bare canvas...
which one would be the best choice for a base?

newagetomatoz

Re: MAC Paints, Shadesticks or Painpots for base?

Bare canvas is a pretty good base; I haven't tried painterly yet, so I really can't comment. But I think beige-ing is my favorite because it makes shadows look nice and is the least messy IMO. But because MAC is DC'ing shadesticks, beige-ing might not be available so you might be able to get it. HTHS!

Hilly

Rubenesque paint pot actually looks good. I didnt like it at first, but it's really good.

mistella

I use Bare Canvas paint. i only use Beiging shadestick when I'm in a hurry but it seems to work just fine. i havent used the paintpots

gigglegirl

I vote for Painterly paint pot b/c to me it seems closest in texture (cream) to the paint tube I'm used to (Bare Canvas). I'd say go for the paintpot, I honestly love them so much more than shadesticks (which I find to be dry though they slide better when you have a base underneath like a paint or paintpot but to me I wanted to use it as a base itself) or the paint tube which is just not convenient packaging (yucky metal tube....I hate it!).

red

I love the paints more than anything else
greengrin.gif

I have Painterly, and I found that its best used with light colors on top. When you apply darker colors it changes them slightly (dulls them).

From the paints, I use often Stilife & Shimma.

mello

Thanks a lot for your replies! Ah, it's going to be so hard to choose!

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynnj
i have a few favorites..ok first want to say i don t like ud pp, its very sticky and uneven on me, maybe i got a bad batch?? now after using
after using 20,000.
the best are:
1.paula dorf
2.all mac paints.
3.I'm lovin the painterly pots right now and using fluid lines as bases
4.revlon color stay primer (dont know if they make it anymore)
5. Shadesticks.
6. vincent longo concealor.

you must have got a bad one because udpp is not sticky at all.

noahlowryfan

i hate shadesticks. they don't glide so smoothly. paint pots are ok. i really like the Paints.