Favorite Eye shadow Primer

makeupgrl8

Re: Favorite eye shadow primer

I have just started using Beige-ing Shadestick, Stilife and Bare Canvas paints and the Bare Study paint pot. Love them all!

glam8babe

For ages i was using MAC bare canvas and i thought it was great but it doesnt seem to make my eyeshadows POP
then i got the trial sized version of UDPP with my deluxe palette and im never going back to bare canvas again!
seriously the stuff is amazing now i know why everybody loves it so much
smiles.gif

PRETTYGIRL26

Hi ladies, I use Vaseline. It's cheap and works fine for now. If you look at my profile picture, I used Vaseline on my eyes first then applied the shadow.

blueyeliner

I use Urban Decay Primer Potion and it works great for me.
However theres not a lot in one bottle.
I end up using them quickly.
ssad.gif

JustDivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyeliner
I use Urban Decay Primer Potion and it works great for me.
However theres not a lot in one bottle.
I end up using them quickly.
ssad.gif

Do you cut it open and/or remove the stopper? Otherwise you are losing/wasting a LOT of product!

damsel

i use mac paint in architecture. i've tried the udpp and it did nothing for me. i still had creasing. the packaging of the paint is better imo. i can get most of the product, and i only need a small amount i've had one tube for close to a year.

mustardgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldhian
The packaging is ridiculously dumb.

Check out this thread. There's so much more left in there: http://specktra.net/f280/how-get-mor...ts-pics-88268/

Agreed on the poor packaging
thmbdn.gif
It's eye-pleasing and cute but I would rather have "standard" packaging if it means I won't waste my money.

Actually I did this whole "cut open the bottle" thing only to the very bottom portion of the tube (where it is the most narrow) and used the applicator wand to remove the primer inside and it worked in getting the extra primer out. Just make sure you have a sample jar or some kind of container with a lid ready to store the extra primer. There's also several youtube videos on getting the primer out and how much you get:

YouTube - URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION...IS IT REALLY EMPTY???
YouTube - Getting Primer Potion Residue Out
YouTube - Face Washing Brush Cleaning Liquidlast Liners & UDPP
YouTube - Maximize the Amount of Your Urban Decay Primer Potion!!

ModestMouse

Urban Decay probably keeps the packaging like that in hopes that people don't figure it out, so they have to go buy more quicker, making them even more money.

I just recently got UDPP, and I really do think it's great. My eyelids crease a lot, so shadesticks and paints don't do it alone, so I normally put them on top of the UDPP.

VDUB*BELLA

I find that MAC Cream Colour Base works wonders (in Shell) otherwise I stick with Beige-ing shadestick or paints. Depending on the look I am going for and what eyeshadows I'll be using

soulstar

I used UDPP! It goes on so smooth. I used MAC bare canvas paint for a little bit but wasn't as smooth as UDPP and it made my eyelids look a little dry! =P

soulstar

I use UDPP! It goes on so smooth. I used MAC bare canvas paint for a little bit but wasn't as smooth as UDPP and it made my eyelids look a little dry! =P

alien21xx

I love UDPP to control the creasing but boo for the poor packaging and the fact that it makes blending very difficult. I also love using MAC shadesticks and the new Pure Luxe Eyeshadow Primer! Yippee on the PL one, I love it!

Susanne

I definitely love "f.y...eye" by Benefit cosmetics! It is the best eye shadow primer I have ever used.

baybehbekah

i like the smashbox lip & lid primer, but i want to try the UDPP, benefit f.y.eye & someone said the loreal hip shadow extender?! i might have to try that!
smiles.gif