Favorite Eye shadow Primer

Angels_Decay

Re: Favorite eye shadow primer

I’ve tried a bunch of them but I must say my favorites have been:
*M.A.C paint pots (they seem to be a little smoother then the old paints in the tube. I also like that they don’t come out on there own like the tubes tended to do)
*Urban Decay Primer Potion (great product worst product packaging ever!)
*M.A.C Cream color base (though it seems to tend to crease if you apply too much, I don’t use this one as much)

Paramnesia

I use MAC paint pots. I love the texture and you only need a little bit. I'm pale so I use Bare study and sometimes if I want a matte/neutral base to start with I'll apply a little concealer over the p/p. (I find bare study to be a little peachy on me)

IvyTrini

I use paint pot in Quite Natural. I wear about NW 45. There's no creasing and shadow does not budge! I also use Paint in Deep Shadow. I dance and my makeup does not move.

breeknee

I use Mac Bare Canvas paint, or L'Oreal Decrease ( I took the stopper out with pliers so I can get all of it out of the container! lol) or Borghese cream shadows.

Julzie

I'm currently using Mary Kay Signature Eye Primer which works for me
smiles.gif
My lids get quite oily but with this primer, the eyeshadows and pigments stay on well. I currently have a sample of UDPP on the way to me
greengrin.gif

spectrolite

I just started using Too Faced "Shadow Insurance" and I'm giving it two thumbs up. I have very oily lids and this is the first product I've used that makes my shadow and liner stay put all day. I use it alone or under my paint pots.

Divinity

I used to use Mary Kay Signature primer, but I wanted to try something new and I think I like Too Faced shadow insurance better. My shadow lasts about an hour longer and really helps bring out the pigment, whereas the Mary Kay can make my pastel shadows streaky.

Karen_B

I have the world's oiliest lids. I use either UDPP or ArtDeco base, often with a paint pot, fluidline or shadestick over.

swt_int3ntions

UDPP!! and I just asked my mom to buy me Soft Ochre paint pot at the mall so I'm going to try both together~ I'll let you know how it goes!

silentkite

UDPP. Ever since the first day I used it, I fell in love. I can really see a difference when I don't use it. My eyelids get quite oily and seem to have several creases, so without UDPP my eyeshadow gets creased. When I use UDPP, my eyeshadow lasts all day and stays vibrant. I can't say enough how much I love this stuff!

kage

TF Shadow Insurance seems to be becoming a new favorite! I'm planning on buying some asap, although I use Lady Burd regularly.

entipy

UDPP!!

Art Deco is my second choice.

I've tried Bare Canvas paint, and it didn't work for me.
ssad.gif

I've also tried Greenstroke paint pot, and it didn't work for me, either!

So, UDPP it is!
greengrin.gif

Lissah

I'm not sure if I should have made a new thread for this, so if it's in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

I'm looking for a good eye shadow primer. What I want specifically is something that really makes color stick to it yet leaves shadow very blendable. My eyelids are not at all oily and I've never had creasing issues. In the past I've used foundation/concealer, my problem with that is that it sort of changes my shadow color after blending. For instance, greys will now look dirty greenish after foundation. I'm not fond of shadesticks because I find I use more pressure on my skin. When I use my beigey one it has shimmer and when I put something shimmery on top of it my lids look a bit crepey. It also seems to mix in with my shadow and change it making it "yellower". So far lip balm has been the best for me but it sometimes leaves shadow hard to blend.

I'll likely try either the mac or the udpp. Would you ladies suggest either of these for me or something different entirely?

1165Cheryl

Can anyone recommend a good primer that is easy on the eyes. I've used Mac's primer, Clinique's (works awful) and Luara Geller's along with a 1-2 others. My eyes break out with most primers as they did/do with any dark palette shadows. I've also tried paint pots which didnt work and irratate my eyes (too bad cause i love them). MAC'S Pigments are the only shadows I can wear which is fine since I love them so much
smiles.gif
Any suggestions of other brands for a base/primer for sensitive eyes would be great.
Thanks
smiles.gif

cupcake_x

I love using the MAC paint called Bare Canvas. It's an excellent primer and I'd recommend it to anyone.