Favorite Eye shadow Primer

stacylynne

Re: Favorite eye shadow primer

OK don't laugh... I have used every eye primer under the sun. The best eye primer for me is in ulta called ultima II eye primer.
Shadow's last forever & does not crease @ all
Try it & let me know what you think & it lasts forever
smiles.gif

zzoester

I have been switching between UD PP and Lancome Aquatique waterproof eyecolour base. My thoughts are...

I would have LOVED UD PP if I had not discovered the Lancome one around the same time. UD PP is hard to blend e/s on top of (IMO), like someone suggested above, it definitely makes it easier to apply a light shadow on top of it as a base first before attempting to blend your shadow...but still not ideal IMO. Plus, I believe it's meant to be colorless, but it's too light for me. I could not get away with only this on the lid when I want to go for a natural lid with some liner. It appears blue/purplish on my skin. I am NW40.

The Lancome waterproof base is amazing. It's creamy, blends smoothly and easily, is the perfect nude color for my skin tone, and my e/s does not budge at all. I love it.

Growing Wings

UDPP is Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's a nude-coloured cream that you put on before applying eye shadow, and it makes your colours nice and bright and keeps them that way all day, and it stops eye shadow creasing (which is a lifesaver for those of us cursed with oily lids).

pepper_mint2

For me, i like using shadesticks, especially with pigments...just make the colours pop

Niquas Brain

UDPP again here, although I am tempted to try out some of the others suggested here as it doesn't last long, plus no one near me sells it...

i must be in the minority here because i found nothing fantastic about UDPP. For me, i love beauticontrol shadow control creme. It comes in different colors to neutralize your lid color and it lasts on my eyelids FOREVER. My only problem with it is you can't go into a store and buy it. You have to know someone who sells beauticontrol which i think is pretty lame.

georgiabarredo

i must join the bandwagon as well...

for years i could never find a base that would keep my shadow from creasing... but wen i heard about UDPP ... it solved my problems... one time i even used it under maybelline eyeshadow... it stayed ALLL NIGHT ALONG... no creasing... no melting... no raccoon eyes.... stuff is AMAZING....

I'm a fan of UDPP as well....my shadows will really stay put all day/nite when I use it...and when I don't use it, I can definitely tell!

miss-lilly

I've tried many alternatives and the best is definitely UDPP!
Second best is Art Deco Base, which is really good and cheap too
thmbup.gif

LuvinMyMAC

UDPP is wonderful. Yes, it is hard to blend but I've gotten used to it. Colors last forever with no creasing!

giggles1972

i love my UPDD, but i do want to try the beigeing-shadestick one of these days.

xangela

UDPP. I have a skin condition on one of my eyes, UDPP keeps the shadow from creasing into it. I've tried mac paint before but it didn't work very well for me.

couturesista

I've never tried UDPP. It sounds like HG of primers though. I use multiple products depending on my e/s colors. Like, sublime paint, chartru paint, cream color base in Tint and I sometimes use Bobbi Brown concealer. Works 4 me
greengrin.gif

MiCHiE

Too Faced Shadow Insurance is a great alternative to UDPP. I don't have blending probs with UDPP, but Shadow Insurance rubs in a little better.

gubeca

too faced insurance!!!! XD love it...14 hours and NO crease!!!! i used to use perky paint pot but it creases on me
ssad.gif
now im SOOOOO happy!!!!
yahoo.gif

Latest posts